Does Clomid regulate your cycles...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2006, 05:28 PM
EAB1218's Avatar Veteran
I had looong cycles and this was my first month on Clomid. I am on CD 31 and no AF so far. Am I gonna have to take provera to start? Thanks.. Elizabeth....

June 25th, 2006, 05:39 PM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, but you have to find the dosage that works for you. I am on my third cycle of Clomid - my first cycle was 30 days long and my second was 28 days long. If you look at my chart you'll see had had some long cycles prior to starting the clomid (the one just before was 114 days long) I was fortunate to ovulate on 50mg, but not strong enough - so my doctor upped me to 100mg. Some ladies don't ovulate at 50mg and have to take higher dosages. Have you confirmed if you O'd or not? My doctor checks my progesterone level to see how well the clomid is helping me.
June 25th, 2006, 06:57 PM
mrsracatoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsracatoe
Welcome to the Clomid Club!!
I just wanted to say that I have PCOS and don't have regular cycles, which means no ovulation for me. I am currently on my 2nd cycle of Clomid and I still didn't ovulate. To start AF I have to have a progestrone in oil shot from the doctor and I will start AF WITHIN 10 days. Then I take Clomid on cycle days 5-9. I will be getting my dosage upped on Thursday when I go in. The doctors have to find the right dosage for you. I paniced this cycle when I found out I didn't O but I got straightened out. (Winking at Donna, DreamChaser). Do you know if you O on your own?? Are you charting?? Good Luck to you!

June 25th, 2006, 11:03 PM
sweetdreamer1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
clomid sure did regulate my cycle for me..i have pcos so i wasnt Oing on my own and i was having loong loong cycles ...
My clomid cycles were:
1st - 29days
2nd - 40 some days..(i didnt O on this cycle...)
3rd - 31days
4th - still on 28th day (but this time it will be lil longer coz im on progestone tabs till 16dpo)

i was on 100mg from cd2-cd6.

so yea it has been a good med for me ..though i still didnt get preggers with it

good luck

My BFP Chart
pregnancy/baby blog pw. 0000

June 26th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
well, kinda. I'm on clomid 150mg. This is my fourth month and I didn't ever ovulate on clomid. My cycles were always crazy long and I always had to take Provera. I have had to take provera while on clomid too except for last month and i had a 35 day cycle. I started AF while on progesterone. I was on progesterone at the time and I am to continue on progesterone until I know I'm not pg-a week late. If I find out I am pg then I am to continue the progeterone. My doctor says I have low progesterone and if I would go off of it before I was 12 weeks or so it may make my progesterone drop and cause a miscariage. I am hoping for a regular cycle this month because of my vacation coming up!!!!!
June 26th, 2006, 06:10 PM
alexa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Before Clomid my cycles were between 40 and 81 days long. Last cycle was my first on Clomid at 50mg and I ovulated and had a 31 day cycle.

So to answer your question, yes your cycle should be of normal length if you O with the Clomid. Like Donna said, it can take different ladies different dosages in order to O.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search