When should you have the HcG trigger shot?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2006, 06:13 PM
alexa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last cycle I had the trigger shot on CD 15 because my eggs were getting too mature without releasing/ovulating.

I am going to be monintored again this cycle and will probably have the trigger shot again. Ideally how big should your eggs be when you have the shot? I have a feeling that last cycle I might have been given it too late.

I am nervous because I have three different follicle scans coming up this cycle, all by different doctors. All the dr's in the office at my OBGYN take turns with giving the U/S's. I don't really like that because I like one of them better than the others, but I have to have these U/S done on specific days so there isn't a choice.

June 26th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to chriskurg
Hi Alexa,

I only have experience with the trigger shot to induce ovulation for IUI's. My first one was given on CD12 for an IUI on CD13. I had maybe 3 follies that were between 23 and 28mm, and 2 more around 15 and 17.

My second trigger shot for my second IUI had to wait until CD13 because they said I wasn't surging yet. I think I had around the same number of follies, but they were smaller than the time before (which I why they waited an additional day - to let them grow some more).

I hope this helps a little.

Chris
June 26th, 2006, 11:31 PM
sweetdreamer1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hey hun,
thats not good that the drs change every time u do an u/s...i feel uncomfy if its not the same person...hhmmm guess we cant do anything about that...
yea about the HCG shots..i normally get it when the Dr sees good follicles usually around CD12 and 13 for me. last time I had a 19mm one if im not confused.. and this time around too i had a 17mm, and 20mm i guess..My dr told me that they find it good to give a trigger shot if the follicles are at 18mm or more than that...and he also told me normally a woman will O within 36hrs after the HCG shot...if the egg is more matured it Os earlier..
so this time for my IUI he gave me the shot and did the IuI after 36hrs.. he also told when there are more than 1 follicle of almost same size u might O all of them within the same day...(so the O day will be just one).

dont be nervous...ur have faith in ur Dr..he'll know whats exactly best for u...!!

lots of baby dust and patience dust and ANTI-NERVOUS DUST...(lol)
tc
H

My BFP Chart
pregnancy/baby blog pw. 0000

June 27th, 2006, 05:25 AM
angeleyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My dr gave me the trigger shot when my follies were around 15-18 mm. Usually the mature ones are 18mm-20mm but he said the 15mm ones could be viable as well.
12/2004 - preg but m/c at 8 weeks
07/2006 - preg w/IVF but m/c at 4 weeks
06/2007 - trying again with new diagnoses - blood clotting issue
07/2007 - IVF cycle cancelled - TWICE
12/07 - BFP....waiting for Xavier
07/30/08 - RICHARD XAVIER IS HERE!

June 27th, 2006, 03:06 PM
alexa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the replies ladies.

I think last time on CD 15 when I had the shot, I had one follicle that was 23 mm and then two or three more between 16-18 mm. Maybe it was the right time when the dr. gave it to me. I guess I just thought I would get pregnant since I had several good eggs and we BD at the perfect time and DH has normal stuff. I guess even with everything just right, there is no guarantee.

June 27th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to chriskurg
Sounds like you got the shot at the right time. My first trigger shot/IUI was successful but ended in a m/c. The second one was not. You're right, there's no guarantee. I read that even with regular natural conception, your changes of getting pg are still only 20%. It's obviously much more difficult when you have fertility issues. Best of luck.

Chris

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search