does anyone have any experience with male fertility problems

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2006, 07:35 PM
My husband and I are wtc #2, and the last time he did a sperm count there was none there. He is now on shots of hcg to see if it will improve his hormone levels. we have to wait and see. I was wondering if anyone else has dealt with this and how long did it take.

June 26th, 2006, 07:53 PM
alexa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Was his count 0 or just really low? I don't have much experience but I have also heard that Clomid can be given to increase the sperm count.
Some of the natural things include eating healthy, excerside, Zinc, Vitamin C, and a multivitamin.

If I were to take a guess I would say two to three months for some improvement and maybe 6 months for max improvements.

Good luck to you!

June 26th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to chriskurg
My DH has low count and motility. It was due to low testosterone which can be helped by meds. Has he had bloodwork done too?

I told my RE I had my DH on L-Carnitine and he said that was very good and to take 6 pills per day. I agree with the supplements listed in the pp also. Might also switch to boxers if he wears briefs and make sure no laptops on the lap.

Chris
June 27th, 2006, 05:35 AM
sweetdreamer1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DH is also having a low count and low motility...he is been given zinc,vitmine B and a med called speman... i reallly dont know what that is though...he has to go check out again later.....
hth

My BFP Chart
pregnancy/baby blog pw. 0000

June 27th, 2006, 02:20 PM
His count was 0 when we tested in November. He has blood work done very regularly to check his hormone levels. His prolactin was high and his testosterone was very low. We go back Friday to get the latest results of his blood work. The doctor has put him on Hcg shots twice a week. He can tell that he feels a lot better, so I'm hoping his testosterone level has gone up. Originally, the doctor said it could take up to two years for his sperm count to be normal if it returns at all. The problem is in his pituitary gland, so maybe that is why it will take so long. I was hoping someone else had experience with this.

June 27th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to chriskurg
Sorry, I wish I could help more. Is IVF an option for you? If his meds get him to produce any sperm at all, all they need is one.

Chris
June 27th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My dh has extremely low sperm counts..so low they call them 0 . His testosterone was also low, he was put on testosterone patches. I can't remember if they helped at all, as well as a multitude of vitamins/minerals.

Your dh can also have his testicles biopsied. I totally can't remember the proper terminology, but it basically is done to see if he is producing sperm ..or at least sperm cells. Sometimes it is being produced, but not ejaculated. There is also "reverse ejaculation" where the semen is actually not ejaculated, but reabsorbed. Variacoles (I'm laughing at myself because I don't know how to pronounce or spell that word) are also sometimes a problem with men.

Good luck!

Stitched For Kids - Personalized Super Hero Capes, Personalized Hooded Towels, Nap Mats, Personalized Father/Son shirts, Toddler Aprons!
"Like" us on Facebook!
June 28th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Quote:
My dh has extremely low sperm counts..so low they call them 0 . His testosterone was also low, he was put on testosterone patches. I can't remember if they helped at all, as well as a multitude of vitamins/minerals.

Your dh can also have his testicles biopsied. I totally can't remember the proper terminology, but it basically is done to see if he is producing sperm ..or at least sperm cells. Sometimes it is being produced, but not ejaculated. There is also "reverse ejaculation" where the semen is actually not ejaculated, but reabsorbed. Variacoles (I'm laughing at myself because I don't know how to pronounce or spell that word) are also sometimes a problem with men.

Good luck![/b]

thank you for your response. We will go back to the doctor Friday to get the latest results. We will see what is the next step then.

July 1st, 2006, 08:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How did the doctor visit go yesterday? I am very curious because my DH just found out yesterday that his is also 0.

July 5th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Quote:
How did the doctor visit go yesterday? I am very curious because my DH just found out yesterday that his is also 0.[/b]

doctors visit went well. His testosterone level went up to 430 this visit. He is gonna continue the shots and go back in October for more bloodwork and another sperm count. I am optimistic because of the huge jump in his testosterone level.

July 7th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via ICQ to Crystalynn Send a message via AIM to Crystalynn Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalynn
our IF was on my hubby's side--low count and motility, also and they really couldn't figure out why. His levels were all fine

They really left IVF as our only option--which worked!

July 7th, 2006, 10:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
How did the doctor visit go yesterday? I am very curious because my DH just found out yesterday that his is also 0.[/b]

doctors visit went well. His testosterone level went up to 430 this visit. He is gonna continue the shots and go back in October for more bloodwork and another sperm count. I am optimistic because of the huge jump in his testosterone level.
[/b]

That is exciting! I am so happy for you both. I bet DH is very happy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search