Family Members

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2006, 11:10 AM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommywannabe Send a message via MSN to mommywannabe Send a message via Yahoo to mommywannabe
Hello there ladies. Looks like I will be joining you here. I went to the dr. today and she ordered an HSG to rule out any problems with my tubes and then when I go back to her office to go over the results she said she will want to put me on Clomid (assuming there were no problems shown on the HSG) She also ordered a seamon analysis for DH but since he already has a daughter she didnt think there would be any problems with him. She used the term "Unexplained Infertility" and said that if the tests came back fine, that she would say that is what I have. I was a little upset but we did go over all of our options and she didnt say I could NEVER get pregnant, and after talking to DH and him being VERY supportive in doing whatever we can financially to get pregnant, I am coming to terms with it.
HOWEVER, when I called my mom to tell her what the dr. said.....she just brushed it off! It has been 15 months of DH and I trying to get pregnant unsuccessfully. When I told her that she said "No it hasnt!" She tried to tell me that we havent been trying that long. Um....I THINK I would know!! She then said, well, just tell her to give you Clomid!(she thinks that just because a woman at her church used Clomid and got pregnant after 1 month that it is a cure-all pill and thats all I need) Well, she WILL put me on it....AFTER we know that there is nothing else wrong. It would kind of be a waste to get Clomid if there is another problem, doncha think! Anyway, then I tell her the "Unexplained Infertillity" part and she says "You dont have that! Your fine! It will happen when its supposed to, you just need to relax!!" EXCUSE ME?!?!! So now, not only do I not know what I am talking about, but the DR. doesnt either!! Thanks for being so supportive MOM!!! So I tried to tell her that, Yes, the dr. said that if the tests come back fine that I have unexplained infertility because it HAS been 15 months and I have yet to get pregnant and I WILL need some medical help to get there.........she still is not believing me. WHATEVER! At least DH is supportive and BELIEVES me!!! I almost said "DO YOU WANT THE PHONE NUMBER FOR THE DR.?!?!?" But I didnt. She thinks that because EVERYONE else in my family got pregnant on the first or second try that there should be no reason why I cant other than stress and a busy life. Um..........not the case!!!

Anyway, sorry to rant but I was wondering if anyone else is or has experienced this?? It's like she wont accept that I could have problems getting pregnant on my own! Like I dont feel bad enough about it! Like I dont already feel "broken" or "deffective".......now I have her denying there is even a problem like it is a horrible thing! Thanks for making me feel SOOO much better!!!

If you read all that, God bles you!
Oh yeah, Hi There! I guess I will be joining you if that's alright!!! haha

Casey

June 27th, 2006, 12:08 PM
milo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry you are having a tough time. You have taken an important step in getting to your Dr. and having tests done. I hope things work out for you with a BFP. My family says well you can always adopt and yes I am considering adoption. A child to love is a prescious gift but it is easy for them to say, they have their children. Please don't get me wrong, if I am meant to adopt a prescious baby I think it is great. Whatever is meant to be is my motto, if that baby is meant to come to me from another person's womb well I am even more blessed because welll to me, that is the ultimate act of love.

New Plan Of ACTION~~Lose weight and exercise, wait for referral to Gyno,after 6 months no BFP onto IUI~~<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12551b" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
</a>
June 27th, 2006, 12:47 PM
mrsracatoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsracatoe

I am so sorry for you having to go through all of this! I was scared of people finding out that we were ttc medically because of everyones reactions. I can't stand the phrase "It'll happen when it happens, just relax." There will be many more that you will probably hear too. Anyways MIL & FIL found out and are just as much excited as I am. My mom, I don't really know yet because she doesn't like to talk about it much unless I bring up a doctor appointment or something like that and then she doesn't want to talk about it long. I would rather deal with that before the "comments". My mom doesn't take to new things easily but I think that after a while she will get more and more excited. I hope that everything works out for you. Maybe your mom is saying those things because she doesn't understand "infertility". I am so happy that I found this site when I did because I have everyone on here to talk to and that makes things so much easier because people that have never been in our shoes don't understand like they want to think that they do. I hope that you understand what I am trying to say. Maybe once you get on a path to treatment, maybe print her out some stuff to read about it and maybe that will help her understand it better.

Anyways, I just wanted to welcome you and tell you that we are here anytime that you need us!! If you ever need to talk feel free to PM me because I am usually "lurking" around on JM somewhere! GOOD LUCK!!

June 29th, 2006, 01:32 AM
sweetdreamer1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
im sorry u had to deal with her like that...u see its our mothers..thay never want to see us going tru something painful and they allways wanna think that we are perfect in every way..coz for them we are their children and they think and believ us to be healthy and well in or lives..gosh do i make sense???

when i told my mom that cos i got pcos, without med assistance i'll not concieve she did the same thing to me..she jus brushed it off.. and said u are too young and there is time dont take stress allthese...
now after me going tru the injections and meds and IUI she is really upset that she didnt do anything first to make it correct for me.(she knew i had pcos since i was 15 yrs ..and i was on metfomin..drs,me N my parents didnt bother at that time coz i wasnt planning a preg)
so just give her time and she'll realise it..and heck..forget it if she doesnt too coz u got all the support from ur DH..its the only thing needed when u are going thru such a thing... believe me more tham the parents and family ur DH is the best person u wanna be with when going thru this horrible ride...

i'm praying for u that u'll not have to suffer like many of us here and that u'll get ur bfp soon with clomid or what ever meds ur dr gives u..
tc hun..
sorry its too long..!!

My BFP Chart
pregnancy/baby blog pw. 0000

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search