Ovulation Prediction kits and Clomid

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2006, 06:29 AM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommywannabe Send a message via MSN to mommywannabe Send a message via Yahoo to mommywannabe
I was just wondering, does anyone use the OPKs along with Clomid? I have only ever used the Ovulation Scope that you spit on for Ovulation Prediction but my dr. mentioned that she liked the ones that you pee on better. Anyway, she is probably going to start me on Clomid in a couple weeks after my HSG results are back and I didnt know if I should go ahead and purchase an OPK. If so, can I get some opinions on them? Which one do you like best? Which one is the easiest to read? Most cost-effective?

Thanks so much ladies!
Casey

June 28th, 2006, 07:03 AM
TexMex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, you can definitely use opk's when on Clomid but it is important to start using them 2-3 days AFTER your last pill...if you start opk's right away after your last pill it could show a false positive. I'm not much help with which ones are best I just used the internet cheapies and they worked ok for me, but definitely not the best ones....maybe the clearblue ones with the smiley face (although it's the more expensive one) so there is no guessing with the darkness of lines. Good luck!
June 28th, 2006, 11:25 AM
mrsracatoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsracatoe
I used them for a cycle and then had to quit because we found out that I have high LH so they were all positive. The brand that I used was ANSWER and I heard that they were really good too. They aren't that expensice either. I think that they were $11-$12 for a box of 7. You can also go here and compare the different tests to decide which one you want to try. http://www.peeonastick.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search