TTCMA Due Date Club

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2011, 02:29 PM
momma S's Avatar Super Mommy
Jenn- You must have a lot of hospitals by you!!! We have about four, but the one I go to has a NICU, Children's Hospital and Level II trama ER, so I am pretty much covered! I think you will know if you are in the right place, go with your gut!

AFM: Appt went well, dr said I am feeling everything normal times 2 at this point. She referred me to physical therapy since my back hurts so bad right now it is just going to get worse. I am up 12 pounds total for 18 weeks, not bad, but I gained 3.8 of it in the last 12 days... gasp!

How is everyone doing? Any big appointments coming up?
August 17th, 2011, 07:13 PM
akicequeen02's Avatar Super Mommy
I am doing well. My DH is going to be home on Friday so I am excited. He has been over seas for a couple weeks now. I have been lonely and the dog is really missing his father. I have a midwife appointment on the 26th. I think I am going to request another ultrasound to check on the bleed. I have had some dark brown discharge the last day- I didn't call about it. It is very minimal and I think it is just bleed working its way out. I would like to know though so I am hopeful they will let me have a 16 week ultrasound. That will also let us make a better decision on continuing or discontinuing the OB treatment which is hydroxy progesterone injections every week. I would like to stop those if at all possible. Not only will it give us more info but I think we could also get a gender!! My gender us is currently set for 18 weeks so a couple weeks early would be nice .

Other then that I have this weird rash. I did change my body wash a couple days ago so I think I am having an allergic reaction. It sucks because it itches! Especially at night!!

Sheri - I am glad you had a great appointment! Put your mind at rest a little. Good luck with PT. I am an OT but have no idea what pre-natal PT looks like.

Tiffany

Last edited by akicequeen02; August 17th, 2011 at 07:35 PM.
August 17th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Working mommy
I met my Ob this week. I polled several girls at my work (I work at the hosp I will deliver at) and asked who they used. I also talked with my RE.

She was very nice and thorough. Didn't feel rushed. She also did an ultrasound to see how things looked (we were 1 day shy of 13wks). She did a transvaginal so the baby looked huge and was moving all over! DH was so surprised to see the wiggling (he must have forgotten how it was with DD). But the Dr also said "do I see something between the legs? it might be a boy!" DH and I were not sure we would find out the sex (we didn't know with DD) so that was pretty shocking. But in a good way! Now I'm pretty sure we will find out with the full u/s during 2nd trimester.

Today was my NT scan. Nice to see more pics of the baby. He/she would not cooperate and I had to try to pee twice to make the baby get into position. The Dr said everything looked good on the scan and they compare it to the blood work. DD was with us today and was so excited to see her sibling!

Glad to hear everyone is feeling well. Except, Sheri sorry about the back pain. Hopefully your appt went well today.

August 20th, 2011, 07:44 AM
lynnette74's Avatar Super Mommy
Jenn -I just saw your comment on the IVF thread... I hope you are feeling ok... I too had a draw that my numbers didn't double (this pregnancy) and I also have had a tubal... I am suprised they mentioned that as I never even got past the 500 range and I was in horrible pain and bleeding... I would imagine in the 5000 range you would have felt something by now...Hang in there - Tons of T&P for you...

AFM - I have been seeing a high risk doctor as the placenta is attached to my c-section scar and I had 80% chance of Accreta... suprisingly the placenta has moved and I am out of the danger zone now!!!! I am very excited about this as the remedy to fix Accreta is a hysterectomy. After going the IVF route I really didn't want to have my fertility completely taken away so I am super happy.

Here is the most recent pic of my little guy!

IVF Cycle #1
01/18/11... Egg Retrieval - 22 Eggs!
01/19/11... RE called: 15 eggs mature and of those 12 eggs fertilized!
01/21/11... RE called 7 eggs are good quality, 3 eggs are questionable, and 2 eggs didn't advance and were disgarded.
01/23/11.. 5day Transfer - 2 Embryo - Quality 1DD - No embryo's made it to freeze.
IVF Cycle #2
02/16/11... Egg Retrieval - 11 Eggs
02/17/11... RE called: 9 eggs mature and all 9 eggs fertilized!!!
02/19/11... 3day Transfer - (3) 8 Cell Perfect Embryo - No Fragmentation - No embryo's made it to freeze.
02/26/11... HPT - very light BFP 02/28/11... Beta Test - 12dpo - 20
14dpo - 31 / 16dpo - 75.3 / 19dpo - 343.4 / 21dpo - 1028 / 23dpo - 2459 / 26dpo - 5933 / 29dpo - 13643
03/10 - Saw Sac and Yolk - - 03/16 - Saw Heartbeat!!!!

Remembering my lost one 02/05/09
August 22nd, 2011, 07:52 AM
Jenn in DC's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks Amy. I'm glad to hear that things are progressing nicely with your little guy and that he's moved out of the danger zone. What an amazing picture!!

I went for my first U/S today and they only found an empty gestational sac. They think that it is probably a blighted ovum and that I will most likely miscarry. I guess the good news is that at least it is not ectopic. Now I'm just waiting to until they get my BW back and tell me what my next steps are. If I don't get to stay here in the DDC with you all, I will definitely keep checking in to see how you are all doing.

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
Cycle #13 - 15= IUIs with Clomid & Gonal F - All BFNs
Cycle #16 -21 - Natural Cycles, started acupuncture and chinese herbs - BFN
Cycle #22 - IVF Clinical Trial. Cycle Cancelled.
Cycle #23 - Minimal Stimulation IVF #1 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen on Day 3.
Cycle #24 - Mini-IVF #2 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen as expanded blasts on Day 5.
Cycle #25 - Mini-IVF #3 - 4 eggs retrieved (two mature and 2 immature), one egg made it to blast and was frozen. Five snowbabies in all!! Hysteroscopy.
Cycle #26 Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP and then miscarriage
Cycle #27 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP!!
Due Date: July 20th
Aven Robert Born on August 4th
August 22nd, 2011, 11:38 AM
Veteran
Jenn - hugs to you and keep us posted!!
August 22nd, 2011, 01:46 PM
Super Mommy
Jenn - Oh no! I was so sorry to see your news Please keep us posted....
August 24th, 2011, 10:52 AM
JessicaW's Avatar Super Mommy
Jenn - I've been following your pregnancy in particular. I think it's because I spent seven years in DC and am about your age. I was so sorry to hear about this most recent development. Hang in there. Let us know what the final outcome is.
August 24th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Jenn in DC's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi Jessica - Thank you very much. I see that you are relatively new to the boards. Welcome!!

On Monday evening, I got the results of my bloodwork from that morning. My HCG went from 3476 on Friday to 7725 on Monday so it is still doubling normally. They said that all of my numbers look good so there is a chance that maybe my baby is just growing more slowly than normal. However, from what I've read, HCG can continue to double normally for a while even if the embryo has stopped growing. I go for another ultrasound on Monday. I am hoping for the best but mentally preparing for the worst.

Thank you to everyone for their kind words and support.

How is everyone else doing??? I would love to hear some happy pregnancy stories

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
Cycle #13 - 15= IUIs with Clomid & Gonal F - All BFNs
Cycle #16 -21 - Natural Cycles, started acupuncture and chinese herbs - BFN
Cycle #22 - IVF Clinical Trial. Cycle Cancelled.
Cycle #23 - Minimal Stimulation IVF #1 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen on Day 3.
Cycle #24 - Mini-IVF #2 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen as expanded blasts on Day 5.
Cycle #25 - Mini-IVF #3 - 4 eggs retrieved (two mature and 2 immature), one egg made it to blast and was frozen. Five snowbabies in all!! Hysteroscopy.
Cycle #26 Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP and then miscarriage
Cycle #27 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP!!
Due Date: July 20th
Aven Robert Born on August 4th
August 24th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Jen - Hang in there.... you never know what is going to happen... As you can see from my Beta numbers they didn't double at first... and they told me it was all over... I have never cried so much in my life... then they couldn't see anything for a while... than when they did see something they said it was measuring behind schedule.. and once again it didn't look good... I honestly didn't relax until I hit 12 weeks because of all the "set backs" and I was also spotting a lot (which I did with all my successful pregnancies). I will keep on cheering for you!!!!!

Katie - Did you get your NT results back?

AFM - I am ten weeks away from the scheduled C-Section today!!! I am very swollen and feel like the girl in the movie "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory" that turned into a big blueberry... hahahaha... I am starting to get too big for my maternity clothes.... I am feeling Sebastian move all the time... it is what makes me keep positive... it is as if he knows that I need a "kick" of happiness..

IVF Cycle #1
01/21/11... RE called 7 eggs are good quality, 3 eggs are questionable, and 2 eggs didn't advance and were disgarded.
01/23/11.. 5day Transfer - 2 Embryo - Quality 1DD - No embryo's made it to freeze.
IVF Cycle #2
02/19/11... 3day Transfer - (3) 8 Cell Perfect Embryo - No Fragmentation - No embryo's made it to freeze.
14dpo - 31 / 16dpo - 75.3 / 19dpo - 343.4 / 21dpo - 1028 / 23dpo - 2459 / 26dpo - 5933 / 29dpo - 13643

August 24th, 2011, 07:17 PM
WrightWife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jenn I hope your bean is just a little shy and not ready to show itself yet. I have my first u/s on monday so I won't know anything till then either. I am really nervous and just need to see a h/b to calm myself a bit. Hopefully we both get some great news on monday!

August 24th, 2011, 08:21 PM
aogilvie's Avatar Super Mommy
Jenn, I'm only seeing your update now. I'm so sorry to hear that things aren't going smoothly. I know how that feels. Keep your chin up and your eyes on the prize Lots of love, Ana.
TTC #1 with Endometriosis & Antiphospholipid Syndrome since December 2008
Dec 2008 - April 2010 #17 Natural cycles
May 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
June 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
July 2010 - IUI + clomid 100mg BFN
Sept/OC 2010 - IVF #1 (1 embryo transfered; none to freeze) BFP!!!
Oct 25 2010 - First ultrasound at 6.5 weeks TWO HEARTBEATS!!! The embryo split; we're having identical twins!!!
Nov 30 2010 - Ultrasound at 11 weeks; no heartbeats & no growth past 9 weeks
Dec 2 - D&C#1
Dec 7 2010 - D&C#2
Dec 22 2010 through current - Weekly acupuncture treatment
May/June 2011 - IVF#2 with acupuncture (1 embryo transferred; 4 embies on ice!!!) BFP!!!
June 29 2011 - First ultrasound at 7.0 weeks. Everything looks great so far!

July 18, 2011 - Second ultrasound at 9.5 weeks. Baby is doing great!

Feb 10 2012 - Molly Eileen arrived at 7lbs 11oz and 19inches!!!
August 25th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Lynnette- Yeah for only 10 weeks to go!!!! I remember the big swollen feeling... I am not too far behind you for it!

Jenn- How are you doing??

AFM: had my first P/T on Wed, nothing too exciting. She said my lower back/ hips are off... like I didn't know that!! Gave me some excercises to do and told me to come back next week. I have my 20 week big u/s next Wed morning! I am super excited!!! It is 2.5 hours long one hour and 15 minutes per baby! I am bringing food and water for that appointment!
August 26th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Veteran
Momma S - 2.5 hour ULS? Wow!!

Jenn - stay safe and dry this weekend in DC!

AFM - Had our first ULS on Wednesday after some mild cramping and spotting. We saw a heartbeat! So very exciting, also very relived that there was only one heartbeat since we transfered two embryos. Dr. said that my HCG was doubling at twin levels and that both may have implnated, but only one stuck. He said the spotting and cramping might have been leftover implementation stuff from the non-sticking embryo. We are thrilled with one healthy little 6 week, 6 day bean! We have anonther ULS on Monday and a final ULS with the RE on Sept. 6, then off to regular OB!

I am so sick right now, pretty much all day long. Fortunately, I am not throwing-up all day, but having a hard time eating, drinking, etc... other than that, I feel great!
August 26th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Super Mommy
I'm so worried right now. I've had some really light spotting a few times so far, but nothing major. This morning I went to the bathroom and saw a lot more than just spotting. I called my OB's office and the nurse talked to the doctor and they wanted me to try and go for an u/s. Of course the first day they can get me in is Tues AM. My dr didn't seem overly concerned, but I'm still really scared something is going on
August 26th, 2011, 01:14 PM
TwoMamas- What is your name??? Yeah for a heartbeat!!! That is the BEST thing ever to see on an u/s!!! I was super sick as well, so I feel your pain! I tried to eat anything that sounded remotely good just to get food in my stomach and that was hard!

Filly- I hope everything is okay... I can't believe that can't get you in sooner. If it gets worse over the weekend go to the ER and demand an u/s! Try not to worry too much (easier said than done I know).
August 29th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Veteran
Momma s - My name is Wendy

Filly, I too had a terrible weekend. I had really bad cramping Friday night and woke up at 3am in a pool of blood. Bled quite a bit through Sat morning. Talk to case manager and RE and they both said that I should stay in bed with my feet up until Monday morning for my scheduled ultrasound. The bleeding turned to spotting Sat evening and was just brown spotting on Sun with a little pinkish/reddish blood. The whole time I had mild cramping. I pretty much when through the whole weekend sure that I had lost the baby. Good news at ultrasound, baby is perfectly healthy 7 weeks, 1 day! RE showed us where the bleeding was coming from and it is not near the baby or my cervix which are both good! It appears to be almost done, for now.

Pics of baby!

August 29th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Congrats Wendy!!! I am so happy that you have good news!!!!

IVF Cycle #1
IVF Cycle #2

August 29th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Yeah Wendy!!!!! So happy you got good news!
August 29th, 2011, 08:34 PM
akicequeen02's Avatar Super Mommy
Wendy- Congrats on great news! Sounds like you had a stressful/scary weekend.

Filly- Hopefully you are hanging in there and have good news on your next appointment. Thoughts with you.

AFM- I had a midwife appointment on Friday. All is well. I do have a rash (might be PUPPS) but it seems to be healing (thank God, way to early to have PUPPS for the rest of the pregnancy!). Hopefully it is just related to changes in medications (I was off suppositories then went back on) and will clear up here this week. We also moved my gender ultrasound up one week so now it will be Tuesday September 6th (next week!). That way we can try to do the full fetal assessment and try to get an idea of what the subchorionic bleed looks like- if it is gone I will stop the weekly progesterone shots which I am dying to stop- tired of the shots!

Tiffany

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search