TTCMA Due Date Club

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Jenn in DC's Avatar Super Mommy
Hello! I'd really love to get this thread active again. I hope that we can make this a home for all of the ladies who have been successful in TTCMA (no matter what month you are due).

Please share some info about yourself so we can get to know one another better:

Name:

When are you due?

Give a quick summary of your TTC story:

Do you know the gender of your baby(ies)/will you find out the gender?

What is your favorite thing about pregnancy so far?

What is your least favorite thing about pregnancy so far?

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
Cycle #13 - 15= IUIs with Clomid & Gonal F - All BFNs
Cycle #16 -21 - Natural Cycles, started acupuncture and chinese herbs - BFN
Cycle #22 - IVF Clinical Trial. Cycle Cancelled.
Cycle #23 - Minimal Stimulation IVF #1 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen on Day 3.
Cycle #24 - Mini-IVF #2 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen as expanded blasts on Day 5.
Cycle #25 - Mini-IVF #3 - 4 eggs retrieved (two mature and 2 immature), one egg made it to blast and was frozen. Five snowbabies in all!! Hysteroscopy.
Cycle #26 Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP and then miscarriage
Cycle #27 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP!!
Due Date: July 20th
Aven Robert Born on August 4th
August 11th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Veteran
Name: Kelly

When are you due? 12/29/11

Give a quick summary of your TTC story: We started trying naturally in Nov/2008. When we didn't get pregnant we went through a bunch of tests with my OB/GYN and eventually a lap in Sep/2010 which confirmed severe endometriosis. She referred us to an RE in Nov/2010. We did 1 failed IUI and got lucky with our first IVF in April!

Do you know the gender of your baby(ies)/will you find out the gender? Yup, we are team blue!

What is your favorite thing about pregnancy so far? I am finally starting to feel some of his movements - it is truely amazing. And seeing my bump get bigger each day

What is your least favorite thing about pregnancy so far? headaches and foot/leg cramps

Jen - Thanks for starting this. I hope a lot of the ladies will join us

Kelly(30) and DH (36) TTC since Nov/08 with endo

IVF Schedule:

3/2 - start BC
3/18 - mock transfer and sonohystogram
3/22 - baseline bw and us
3/25 - 4/4 - stimming
4/5 - Lupron trigger
4/7 - Retrieval (12 eggs retrieved - 9 fertilized)
4/13 - Transfered 1 perfect day 6 hatching blast
4/22 - Officially Pregnant! hCG - 53.7
4/25 - hCG - 196
4/28 - hCG - 847
5/2 - hCG - 2526
8/1 - We're having a little boy!!!! EDD 12/29/11
August 11th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Toots216's Avatar Super Mommy
Jenn, I am SO EXCITED that you finally got your BFP!!!!!
I'll join bc I've been having a hard time "fitting in" on the boards lately. I haven't even joined my DDC yet.

Name: Kristen

When are you due? 2/25/12

Give a quick summary of your TTC story: DH and I had two losses in 2010 - September and December - conceived naturally. We got a whole bunch of RPL testing done and it was inconclusive. RE decided to try clomid IUI's to boost my chances, and all 3 of them failed. We decided to "take a break" in May, and lo and behold, we got our BFP!

Do you know the gender of your baby(ies)/will you find out the gender? Yes, we will find out, hopefully in a few weeks!

What is your favorite thing about pregnancy so far? Ummm, not sure about this one yet....I'm still in the gross, sickly, ugly stage. I can't wait to have a real bump and be able to feel movement!

What is your least favorite thing about pregnancy so far? Being SO TIRED all the time. Everything else I can handle!

9/27/10 @ 7w1d
12/3/10 @ 5w4d

Our rainbow baby, William Patrick, finally arrived at 39w5d on 2/23/12!
7 pounds, 19 inches of healthy baby boy!
August 11th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Working mommy
Name: Katie

When are you due? 2/21/12

Give a quick summary of your TTC story: Conceived DD naturally. While TTC #2 found out DH has MFI. Tried 3 failed IUIs and got our BFP with our first IVF!

Do you know the gender of your baby(ies)/will you find out the gender? Not sure yet. Did not know with DD. But might find out this time.

What is your favorite thing about pregnancy so far? Glad I didn't have morning sickness. But waiting for a real bump instead of looking chubby. Also can't wait to feel movements. And super glad to be off progesterone injections!

What is your least favorite thing about pregnancy so far? Feeling very tired and looking chubby.

So happy to have a DDC with you ladies!! Can't wait to see how everyone goes through this amazing time!

August 11th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Veteran
Name: Wendy

When are you due? 4/16/12

Give a quick summary of your TTC story: My wife and I choose IVF to conceive so that we could use her buns and my oven! She did the retrieval and we transfered 2 blasts into me. Something took, but we don't find out until Aug. 29 about how many!

Do you know the gender of your baby(ies)/will you find out the gender? We are undecided about finding out the gender. If both blasts took, then probably yes, if one, probably no.

What is your favorite thing about pregnancy so far? Its still so early, but seeing those pink lines was really cool. Oh, and the free nap passes rock!

What is your least favorite thing about pregnancy so far? I am having lots of early symptoms... cramping, nausea, headaches, runny nose and what's up with the smelling thing?!?!
August 11th, 2011, 09:42 PM
akicequeen02's Avatar Super Mommy
Jenn I am glad you started this! I have been lurking a lot around TTCMA. I have joined a due date club but have a hard time fitting in.

Name: Tiffany

When are you due? 2/14/12

Give a quick summary of your TTC story: DH and I have been married for 7 years. Never used birth control and never been pregnant before now. Lap in 06/2009 reveled severe endometriosis. DH also has some male factor. We did do 2 IUI's with no success. First IVF with ICSI resulted in this pregnancy. Though my tubes are "clear" they are died down to my bowel and probably don't function so IVF was our answer.

Do you know the gender of your baby(ies)/will you find out the gender? Don't know gender yet. Gender ultrasound set for September 13th. Might find out earlier if need ultrasound to monitor my sub chorionic bleed.

What is your favorite thing about pregnancy so far? I didn't really have any morning sickness either. Honestly not sure yet. Has been pretty sur-real and hard to get too excited with a couple complications that my OB blew out of proportion. I have not switched to a midwife that is more laid back, hopefully I can start to enjoy this pregnancy more.

What is your least favorite thing about pregnancy so far? Tired is hard for sure! Getting up multiple times a night to PEE!!

Tiffany
August 12th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Yay!!! I'm so happy to you all here!!

Name: Jenn

When are you due? April 13, 2012

Give a quick summary of your TTC story: DH and I tried on our own for a year with no luck. We then tried 3 IUIs but all failed. Then we tried 6 months of acupuncture and chinese herbs - this helped with a few things but still no BFP. Starting in April we went through 3 rounds of mini-IVF egg retrievals and ended up with 5 snowbabies. First transfer was successfu!

Do you know the gender of your baby(ies)/will you find out the gender? We haven't decided if we will find out the gender. DH wants to but I'm not sure I do.

What is your favorite thing about pregnancy so far? I love seeing the two lines on the HPT!

What is your least favorite thing about pregnancy so far? The fact that I am second guessing every little thing that I feel. One day I'm worried that the lack of a symptom means something is wrong. Then when I experience that symptom I worry that it means something is wrong - ugh!

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
Cycle #23 - Minimal Stimulation IVF #1 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen on Day 3.
Cycle #24 - Mini-IVF #2 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen as expanded blasts on Day 5.
Cycle #25 - Mini-IVF #3 - 4 eggs retrieved (two mature and 2 immature), one egg made it to blast and was frozen. Five snowbabies in all!! Hysteroscopy.
August 12th, 2011, 08:38 AM
lynnette74's Avatar Super Mommy
I am so glad this is started!!!

Name: Amy

When are you due? 11-9-11 but they will deliver me in middle of October

Give a quick summary of your TTC story: Tubal pregnancy - lost tube, advanced maternal age, slow swimmers, 2 rounds of IVF with no frozen embies... 2nd round worked!

Do you know the gender of your baby(ies)/will you find out the gender? I am going to have a little boy - Sebastian Davi

What is your favorite thing about pregnancy so far? the fact that I am even pregnant

What is your least favorite thing about pregnancy so far? the extreme pain from my hiatal hernia

Jenn - I went through the same thing.. in fact I bought a doppler and I have listened for the heart beat every night since the 11th week! I am totally ridiculous!

IVF Cycle #1
01/18/11... Egg Retrieval - 22 Eggs!
01/19/11... RE called: 15 eggs mature and of those 12 eggs fertilized!
01/21/11... RE called 7 eggs are good quality, 3 eggs are questionable, and 2 eggs didn't advance and were disgarded.
01/23/11.. 5day Transfer - 2 Embryo - Quality 1DD - No embryo's made it to freeze.
IVF Cycle #2
02/16/11... Egg Retrieval - 11 Eggs
02/17/11... RE called: 9 eggs mature and all 9 eggs fertilized!!!
02/19/11... 3day Transfer - (3) 8 Cell Perfect Embryo - No Fragmentation - No embryo's made it to freeze.
02/26/11... HPT - very light BFP 02/28/11... Beta Test - 12dpo - 20
14dpo - 31 / 16dpo - 75.3 / 19dpo - 343.4 / 21dpo - 1028 / 23dpo - 2459 / 26dpo - 5933 / 29dpo - 13643
03/10 - Saw Sac and Yolk - - 03/16 - Saw Heartbeat!!!!

Remembering my lost one 02/05/09

Last edited by lynnette74; August 12th, 2011 at 08:42 AM.
August 12th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Super Mommy
I'll join if you ladies will allow me... We spent a year and a half TTC and used all sorts of MA, but actually ended up conceiving naturally.

Name: Jen

When are you due? 3/15/12

Give a quick summary of your TTC story: DH and I started TTC in Oct 09. My cycles were ranging between 20 and 70 days so I went to my OB/GYN for help. He tried 1 round of Clomid and then sent me to an RE. We did several rounds of Clomid, several rounds of injectibles and even tried IVF, but that cycle was cancelled due to poor response. The next month we went on vacation and tried on our own and it worked. We couldn't believe it.

Do you know the gender of your baby(ies)/will you find out the gender? I want to be surprised.

What is your favorite thing about pregnancy so far? That it finally happened! Our RE mentioned something about adoption or donor eggs when our IVF cycle was cancelled and I started thinking it may never work out for us.

What is your least favorite thing about pregnancy so far? Being really tired some nights and the few times I've been nauseous. I hate feeling sick and throwing up, so I was totally scared!
August 13th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Thank you all for sharing your stories. I loved reading all of them! I hope we get more ladies here who will share also.

I have a kind of silly question. I am 5 weeks 1 day today. When I am reading information about what is happening with my baby and my body this week should I be reading week 5 or week 6? I feel like this should be obvious but the books keep confusing me.

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
August 13th, 2011, 06:06 PM
WrightWife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Jenn for starting this! I love the regular DDC, but its great to have some ttcma mommies to compare notes with as we are in our own little world sometimes.

Name: Bex

When are you due? 4/16/11

Give a quick summary of your TTC story: After a few months of ttc on our own I felt something was wrong and sure enough wasn't ovulating. Did 3 clomid rounds at 50 mg, 2 at 100mg and after getting my bloodwork back on the last cycle dr felt iui was going to be our only option due to my non-responsive body. That last cycle on 100mg of clomid we went on a cruise for our 10th anniversary and i had given up on the month. From day 1 I didn't feel it would be our month so I didn't check ovulation, or pay attention to anything. Low and behold we conceived on our cruise, much to the surprise of our dr! When I saw him friday he asked how this happened - this is our little miracle souvinier

Do you know the gender of your baby(ies)/will you find out the gender? we won't find out unless we are having multiples, and even that is still up for debate. I want to find out, but DH doesn't, and I undertand why so I will suck it up.

What is your favorite thing about pregnancy so far? the word pregnant on the digi. I still can't believe its real, but I am sooooooo excited (and in shock!)

What is your least favorite thing about pregnancy so far?I am EXHAUSTED. Like can't keep my eyes open for more than an hour exhausted. Not a good thing when you work 15 hour days managing a restaurant. Thank goodness for a supportive boss (the only person we have told/will tell in first trimester).

August 14th, 2011, 08:52 AM
momma S's Avatar Super Mommy
Name: Sheri

When are you due? 1/19/2012, but will have repeat c/s at the very end of Dec. Twins come on the average of 36 weeks. I don't care when they come as long as I can make it past 28 weeks, that is my major goal!

Give a quick summary of your TTC story: 9 IUI's, IVF with ICSI, changed IVF places and did IVF with ICSI again transfered 2 blasts both stuck. Our son was our second IUI.

Do you know the gender of your baby(ies)/will you find out the gender? One is a boy and we think the other is a girl, but tech was 100% sure about the girl.

What is your favorite thing about pregnancy so far? My growing belly, feeling little kicks and hearing the heartbeats!

What is your least favorite thing about pregnancy so far? My anxiety level is through the roof!!!! I feel so worried something is going to go wrong, like it is all a dream that isn't going to come true. I may need meds, but I am putting it off. I wasn't like this with my son, but had preterm labor with him at 26.5 weeks so I feel so worried this time around again.

Jenn- You would look at week 5 for 5.1weeks. That is the week you are in.
August 14th, 2011, 04:04 PM
aogilvie's Avatar Super Mommy
There's so many of us due in Jan/Feb!!! And the April's are just around the corner! This is GREAT!!!

Name: Ana

When are you due? 2/15/12

Give a quick summary of your TTC story: We started TTC in Dec 2008 and tried outselves unsuccessfully until about April 2010. We then started seeing an RE and established that I have very large endometriomas on both my ovaries that are impeding egg travel after ovulation. I also have a clotting disorder that puts me at risk for clots and loss of a pregnancy in the third trimester. We did 3 IUI's + clomid and none were successful. Then we moved on to IVF and had a terrible cycle that yielded one embryo. It was transferred, it stuck, and we went to our first ultrasound to find out it had split and we were pregnant with identical twins. We then went on to find out at an OB appt that we lost them at 9.5 weeks. We took six months off during which time I started acupuncture and herbs. We tried a second fresh IVF cycles and had a wonderful response. We transferred one perfect 8-cell embryo and froze the other four. We were lucky enough to be successful again and we've now just entered our second trimester. I am soooooo VERY VERY relieved and excited!

Do you know the gender of your baby(ies)/will you find out the gender? Nope. We want to wait

What is your favorite thing about pregnancy so far? I love listening to the baby on the doppler every night with my husband. Seriously, after my loss, this has been the best purchase I have made!!! I swear, I'm a different person since getting it. Peace of mind EVERY DAY for $50. Can't beat it.

What is your least favorite thing about pregnancy so far? My perinatologist's office. I'm so used the RE's and IVF coordinators who explain every little thing and let you know what to expect. Now that you're pregnant, docs (especially the high risk ones) just stick you on the baby conveyor belt and push "go". They don't tell you enough about what's going on! Its like they assume you're stupid and that you're better off not knowing too much or something. To be honest though, I think the biggest problem is that you only get like 4 minutes with the actual docs before they leave to see another patient. You don't have time to get clear on what's going on in that short an amount of time. Ugh!

And Jenn, I agree with the previous poster that you're in the 5th week. Wait until you get to the end of this trimester, you won't know when the second one starts - 12 weeks, 13, 14 - all the books say different things!!!
TTC #1 with Endometriosis & Antiphospholipid Syndrome since December 2008
Dec 2008 - April 2010 #17 Natural cycles
May 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
June 2010 - IUI + clomid 50mg BFN
July 2010 - IUI + clomid 100mg BFN
Sept/OC 2010 - IVF #1 (1 embryo transfered; none to freeze) BFP!!!
Oct 25 2010 - First ultrasound at 6.5 weeks TWO HEARTBEATS!!! The embryo split; we're having identical twins!!!
Nov 30 2010 - Ultrasound at 11 weeks; no heartbeats & no growth past 9 weeks
Dec 2 - D&C#1
Dec 7 2010 - D&C#2
Dec 22 2010 through current - Weekly acupuncture treatment
May/June 2011 - IVF#2 with acupuncture (1 embryo transferred; 4 embies on ice!!!) BFP!!!
June 29 2011 - First ultrasound at 7.0 weeks. Everything looks great so far!

July 18, 2011 - Second ultrasound at 9.5 weeks. Baby is doing great!

Feb 10 2012 - Molly Eileen arrived at 7lbs 11oz and 19inches!!!
August 15th, 2011, 05:52 AM
I'm so happy to see so many of you here!

Ana - thanks for sharing your thoughts about your perintologists office. I am in the process of trying to decide where to deliver and who my OB will be and I am really trying to find someone who will take more than 4 minutes with me each time. It was good to read your comment and realize how important that can be.

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
August 15th, 2011, 06:19 AM
Hello. I hope that you all had a good weekend. I spent a good part of my weekend trying to figure out what we want to do after we are released from the care of our RE. I don't have a regular OB that I am planning to use for prenatal care and delivery. And we have three different hospitals that we are tying to choose between. We are also trying to decide if we want a physician or a midwife to do the delivery. DH really likes the idea of using a midwife in a hospital but I haven't decided yet. Is anyone else using a midwife? Or looked into using one when you were making your decision? This seems like such a big decision to make and I'm not sure that I'm even considering all the right criteria.

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
August 16th, 2011, 10:08 AM
I have just recently transferred my care to a midwife. The ob I was seeing was just too bossy and wouldn't let me have a word in the conversation. I have been seeing her for years with the endo and fertility stuff but pregnancy I wanted to have more control over. The kicker was when she told me I could not opt out of the 12 week nt scan (which I really did not want). I really like the midwife group I am going to now. They take extra time and talk about each thing. It is not a hurried apointment at all. They are kind and understanding and present options (testing,etc) but allow me to make a choice for me and my baby. I am also planning a birth at the birthing center vs hospital. Just personal choice. The transion was a little rough as my ob has been treating me as high risk (really for no reason) so ironing that out took a week or so. They cant treat patients who are high risk.

Sorry if typo's. On my phone.

Tiffany
August 16th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Thanks Tiffany! I appreciate the info. It sounds like you made a good decision for yourself and your baby. Were they considering you to be high risk because of the bleeding that you had earlier?

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
August 16th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Yes OB was treating me as high risk because of the bleed. It is a subchorionic bleed. There is still some in my uterus. She started me on medication that no-one has ever heard of for treatment of this kind of bleed. The midwife said they have people with this all the time and dont treat with anything, dont consider high risk and they just go away eventually. It has been frustrating especially as my knowledge of the situation increases.

Tiffany
August 17th, 2011, 06:33 AM
momma S's Avatar Super Mommy
Jenn- Do you have any friends or co-workers you can ask for a OB referral for? or who they went to in general? That is how I found my dr when I needed an OBGYN. I really liked her and stuck with her for my first pg and will now. Sometimes you need to just test the waters and interview people... wait till you have to find a pedi dr!

AFM: I have a check up at 2pm today. I have been having terrible lower back pain. It just hurts A LOT! I am very worried about preterm labor, so I need her to tell me this is just a baby sitting low. My office has one of those hand held GE ultrasound monitors, like a tiny Ipad so I will ask to use that so I can see the babies move and make sure my cervix is long and closed! I also was looking at belly photos from my first pg and my stomach now at almost 18 weeks is comparable to about 24ish from last time

Tiffany- Forgot to add... I am very happy to see your bleed is okay!!!
August 17th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Sheri - good luck at your appt today! I hope that everything looks good and that the pain subsides soon.

Yes, I have been asking friends for their recommendations. It's funny but each of my friends went to a completely different hospital so I am getting to learn a bit about each of their experiences. Unfortunately, none of my friends went to the hospital that I am considering. We are currently thinking about going with a midwife practice that works exclusively with one hospital by our house. I like the idea of having the personalized attention of a midwife but being in a hospital in case anything goes wrong. We are going to an information session at the midwifery next week to learn more.

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search