Just in case...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2006, 01:32 AM
mrsracatoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsracatoe
Can you ladies give me an idea of what amounts (a range, nothing concrete) I would be looking at to start going to a RE?? I have heard about getting financed through Capital One for procedures and etc. but I know that we won't be able to get financed through anywhere because we have identity theft and someone keeps doing bad things to our credit. (We do have an investigation going on to find out who is doing all of this to both of us) I am so scared that we might not be able to afford it and I would like to be prepared. What types of tests will they do first and etc?? I would really appreciate it because my doctor sounds like he is going to pass me on because what he has been doing hasn't helped at all other than the progestrone in oil shot making me have AF. When I went to him last Thursday he upped my dosage of clomid to 150mg and said that he won't go any higher with it. My progestrone has been 1 for the past 2 cycles. I would be glad to get any information about prices, tests, or whatever else you can share about going to a RE now. If this month doesn't change any from the previous, then my dr may send me on. I would call a local RE but we don't have any around here. So where ever he refers me to is going to be a long drive from here. Thank you all for any information!!

July 2nd, 2006, 06:27 PM
angeleyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know the breakdown of an re because my insurance pays for everything except a co-pay. By the time I went to the re, I was already diagnosed with PCOS and they knew I had been trying for 3 years. They will usually try to take you through the usual...CLOMID, FEMERA, IUI, METFORMIN,ETC (if you have not already been down that road)....then finally they will consider IVF.

But I was thinking about your situation alot. I know in other countries you can have infertility treated at no cost! But here we have to struggle so hard to get everyone's attention that infertility should be treated like any other medical issue with insurance coverage. I was able to find a foundation that will pay for 1 free ivf treatment. I heard it may be tough to be chosen but it is worth a look.

www.inciid.org

I go to the dr tomorrow and maybe I can have them to give me a breakdown and I can send it out to you. Hope this helps a little.
12/2004 - preg but m/c at 8 weeks
07/2006 - preg w/IVF but m/c at 4 weeks
06/2007 - trying again with new diagnoses - blood clotting issue
07/2007 - IVF cycle cancelled - TWICE
12/07 - BFP....waiting for Xavier
07/30/08 - RICHARD XAVIER IS HERE!

July 3rd, 2006, 08:04 AM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommywannabe Send a message via MSN to mommywannabe Send a message via Yahoo to mommywannabe
I dont know the cost of an RE because I have not had to see one yet. I do know that we will have to pay for it all ourselves because our insurance wont cover it. Have you already had the HSG test? If not, the RE will have you do that and my local hospital charges $340, plus whatever the radiologist charges, which is $88 here, to do it. Hope that helps a little

casey

July 3rd, 2006, 11:25 AM
mrsracatoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsracatoe
I haven't had the HSG done yet. What line of treatments have you done so far and how is everything turning out?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search