I'll be joining you soon!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Running Queen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello Ladies!

Some of you know me, I mostly hang out on the TTC after loss and Charting boards, but I'll soon be joining you. I had my progestrone levels checked on CD 24 and they were at 7.9 so my doctor wants me to start Clomid this next cycle. She is putting me on a low dose and here are my questions:

1- My insurance won't cover this drug, so how expensive is the generic brand?

2- I usually ovulate on CD 17 and my dr. told me to take it from CD 3-7. Is that too early?

3- Are there any big side effects I should know about?

4- I temp and use OPK's, will Clomid effect my OPK's or temps?

Ok, that's all the questions I have for right now . I'll probably have more later, thanks for listening!

Jen
July 6th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Katlynsmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Katlynsmommy Send a message via MSN to Katlynsmommy Send a message via Yahoo to Katlynsmommy
Quote:
Hello Ladies!

Some of you know me, I mostly hang out on the TTC after loss and Charting boards, but I'll soon be joining you. I had my progestrone levels checked on CD 24 and they were at 7.9 so my doctor wants me to start Clomid this next cycle. She is putting me on a low dose and here are my questions:

1- My insurance won't cover this drug, so how expensive is the generic brand?

2- I usually ovulate on CD 17 and my dr. told me to take it from CD 3-7. Is that too early?

3- Are there any big side effects I should know about?

4- I temp and use OPK's, will Clomid effect my OPK's or temps?

Ok, that's all the questions I have for right now . I'll probably have more later, thanks for listening!

Jen[/b]

1- My insurance won't cover this drug, so how expensive is the generic brand? you can call your local pharmacy they can give u an estimate hon

2- I usually ovulate on CD 17 and my dr. told me to take it from CD 3-7. Is that too early? its not to early at all.

3- Are there any big side effects I should know about? i have posted a clomid side effects on the meds board in the sticky above that should help

4- I temp and use OPK's, will Clomid effect my OPK's or temps? yes it will effect them i havent heard of how bad they do but i have seen that they do.i am sure other ladies here can answer that for you.

welcome to the board hope you get your bfp soon hon
Kim
July 6th, 2006, 12:29 PM
mrsracatoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsracatoe

Here is what I expirence or have learned:
Side effects- headaches, hot flashes, insomnia, decreased CM, mood swings, and thats about it. If I forgot something then I will post it as it comes to mind.

Cost- My insurance didn't cover mine either. Its not expensive at all. My 1st round was less than $25.00 for generic.

I don't know about OPK's because I can't use them. They are always positive for me because of the amount of LH I have.

Overall, Clomid is a great drug but it just takes more time for some because the doctors have to find the right dosage for you. I am currently on my 3rd round at 150mg. and I haven't O'ed yet. Some women O on their first cycles and some just have to get to the right does. It sounds like to me that your doctor is giving the clomid to you just to give you a boost. Good Luck and let us know how everything is going.

July 6th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Thanks ladies for the replies! I was really worried that it would be really expensive but it doesn't sound like it will be too bad.

Yeah, my doctor wants my prog. levels to go up. I am O'ing but just barely I guess. So Clomid also helps your prog. levels rise right?

Thanks again!

Jen
July 6th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Lisa P.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!!!

to what the other ladies said.

And I just wanted to add that your chart is looking mighty fine!!!

July 6th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Thanks Lisa. Wouldn't that be great if I was pregnant and didn't have to go on Clomid? But I highly doubt I am because if my prog. levels were at 7.9 a week after ovulation, that's really low. I'll keep temping though.

Good luck everyone!

Jen
July 6th, 2006, 11:43 PM
mrsracatoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsracatoe
I asked my doctor about progestrone levels and he said that he has see levels way under 10 and ladies were preggo. I am not trying to get your hopes up too far but he said that it has happened. I hope that is the case with you. Good Luck to you too!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search