Ahhhh crap! Now I'm Worried

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Lisa P.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was so excited that my progesterone was 19 on CD21 (potentially only 5dpo though) on my first round of clomid. Now I'm hearing you gals had levels in the 30s and 40s!!! Dr. says I definitely O'd though.

I've been posting my saga on the TTC board but here goes:
*From what I can tell I'm on CD 38. Yep 38!
*This is my first cycle on Clomid (taken CD5-9).
*Prior to this my cycles were textbook: I generally O'd around CD 10 to 12(a bit early) and my cycles were 25 to 27 days in length.
*I had O cramping from CD10 to CD15 and it was a bit more intense than usual
*I noticed my CM was almost non-existent this month (typical of clomid cycles) but I did notice a tiny bit of EWCM on CD 14 (so we BD)
*I originally thought I O'd on CD 11 but now I'm wondering if it wasn't CD 16.
*My temp dropped on CD 25 which it usually does but no AF!!!
*CD 28 to 31 I had brown spotting....basically only when I wiped. Very little on a pantyliner. Never red. Never started flowing at all.
*As you can see from my chart, my temps remained low until CD33 when they went up again.
*I've taken SEVERAL HPTs over the past 2 weeks all BFN.
*Saw dr. yesterday, will get BETA results tomorrow morning.

Symptoms:
*my first symptom was sensitive nipples. they felt like they were on fire or something. YOUCH! they still feel this way off and on and tend to get "perkier" more than usual.
*i've had AF like cramping since CD 28. I'm always running to the bathroom to see if I'm flowing...that and because i DO seem to be urinating more often.
*tired (some days worse than others).
*hungry but then feel sick after i eat
*waves of nausea but nothing too serious
*bloated/heavy feeling
*my bbs are starting to feel like they usually do a few days before AF arrives
*i've become emotional (crying and b*tchy)

GOD! I freak myself out just thinking about it...but the reality hits me and I think, if you're not getting BFPs on HPTs then you're likely NOT pg. And even if I am I fear that with my progesterone not being very high and all of the BFNs....well, I worry about miscarrying, kwim?

Anyway, there's my saga. Thanks for listening. It was kind of therapeutic for me to type this out.
July 6th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I looked at a couple of sites and I found that your levels increase counting from ovulation day. I also found this chart with a little info..hope you can read it not sure how the paste will turn out. The question that Lynn Kerr answered made me think how it is unclear when you ovulated so we don't really know how many days from ovulation to day 21 you had. I'm looking forward to your Beta results!

Normal Progesterone Levels
Answered by: Lynn Kerr, MD
Nov 4, 2005, 19:57

Question
What are normal progesterone levels at 5, 6, and 7 days post ovulation?
Answer
The mean progesterone level for day 5 post ovulation is 14.4 ng/ml, with a standard deviation of 4.7. For day 7, the mean is 15.7 ng/ml, with a standard deviation of 5.7, if the labs are done at the National Hormone Laboratory. This may vary at different labs.

Dr. Lynn Kerr

Progesterone in Pregnancy
When Normal Values What Level Means
Mid-Luteal Phase 5+ ng/ml As mentioned above, a level of 5 indicates some kind of ovulatory activity, though most doctors want to see a level over 10 on unmedicated cycles, and over 15 with medications. There is no mid-luteal level that predicts pregnancy.
First Trimester 10-90 ng/ml Average is about 20 at 4 weeks LMP, and 40 at 14 weeks LMP. It is important to note that while a higher progesterone level corresponds with higher pregnancy success rates, one cannot fully predict outcome based on progesterone levels. Progesterone supplementation is unlikely to help if started after a positive pregnancy test.
Second Trimester 25-90 ng/ml Average is 40 at beginning, 90 at end.
Third Trimester 49-423 ng/ml Usually peaks at about 175.
July 6th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Lisa P.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks SO much for the info. I would have been 3 weeks LMP when I had my progesterone checked making the 19 look good don't you think.
I'm going to try to RELAX for the rest of the day. I'm making myself CRAZY over here!!!
July 6th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
19 is better than ok, 19 means you had a good mature ovulation. I don't think you need to worry at all.
July 6th, 2006, 04:25 PM
TexMex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Lisa Trust me when I say that 19 is definitely a good O. Mine was a 10 at 7DPO on my first round of Clomid and I thought "well there is no way I'm prego" and TRULY thought I was on to next month, I had a breakdown and everything, but lo and behold I got prego on a progesterone of 10! At 17DPO it was up to 30. The high numbers is no indicator of pregnancy either so try not to stress when you see people with high numbers (just look at my number! )...sure someone with numbers in the 30's and higher ovulated great eggs, but the spermies need to find and fertilize that egg, you know? So basically as long as the number is above 10 you no question have a chance! Good luck here is tons of
July 6th, 2006, 11:39 PM
mrsracatoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsracatoe
Good Luck Girl!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search