Is it possible to O just 4 days after your last Clomid pill?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 25th, 2011, 03:16 PM
round2t's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The last time I O'd with Clomid I was taking 50mg. I O'd 5 days after my last pill, and my Dr. said to expect ovulation 5-9 days after taking the last one.

Last cycle, I didn't ovulate on the 50mg so we bumped my dose up to 100mg. Well today would be day 5 after taking my last pill, and FF is making it look like I O'd yesterday, just 4 days after my last pill. Is this unheard of? Could I really have O'd this quickly?

I also want to add that I got positive OPKs two days ago and yesterday, and full ferning today. I do not get CM so we use preseed.

My Ovulation Chart

November 25th, 2011, 04:54 PM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
It's possible, but clomid can also screw up temps and OPK's, so I would keep DTD for at least a few more days to cover the bases. If you O'd 5 days after on 50, I'd expect something similar on 100

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

November 26th, 2011, 10:14 PM
round2t's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you. I am a little confused because my temp didn't go up any more this morning, but we'll see tomorrow morning what my thermometer says... but when I enter temps into FF for the next couple days, they put my O day as that 4th day after the last pill and I wasn't thinking that was possible. Anyway, I got a negative OPK and no ferning on my fertile focus so whatever day it was, at least I'm pretty sure I ovulated... and we had lots of intercourse so fingers crossed that something happens. I guess I'll know in a few more days for sure.

November 28th, 2011, 06:57 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *JenJen* View Post
It's possible, but clomid can also screw up temps and OPK's, so I would keep DTD for at least a few more days to cover the bases. If you O'd 5 days after on 50, I'd expect something similar on 100
Good Luck to you! I would continue to bd just in case!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search