Great

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2011, 06:51 AM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
So I'm not sure what I was thinking, but on my form it says that SA drop off times are Fridays at 0830. I thought we could just have Jesse go in at 0830 today and drop off his SA without an appointment. Apparently I was wrong. When Jesse got there, they didn't have a courier scheduled because they didn't have any appointments scheduled so someone came there at 0945 (well after an hour) and his swimmers probably won't make it. So now he's pissed off and I guess made such a fuss about it at the dr office.

Just great. Now I can just see my RA not wanting to work with me because of DH's temper.

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
December 2nd, 2011, 07:00 AM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
Oh no! That sucks! Your doc should've told you! Something similar happened to us too when we did my DH's SA only our doc actually told us that we DIDN'T need to call the lab ahead of time. DH gave me his sample at home and I drove 30 minutes like a mad woman with the cup down my pants, between my legs to the lab only to get there and find out that the person who usually does the SA's wasn't there ever on the day we chose to do it. Grrrrr. After a lot of thinking and considering and phone calls the guy that was there decided he would just do it but he's "not very good at it" so he doesn't know what he'll come up with. Ugh. DH and I just decided that whatever he came up with we would just call worst case scenario and it turned out the results were pretty good so we didn't repeat it.....and low and behold we were pg shortly afterward.

December 2nd, 2011, 07:05 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
that sucks! Our RE does all SA's in office but at our old RE you had to schedule it, and it was such a pain. Hopefully everything will be okay.

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

December 2nd, 2011, 07:09 AM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
That is frustrating for your DH. It's stressful enough as it is and then to have that happens really doesn't help matters. I am sure the dr will still work with you. They are used to dealing with crazy emotional women all day long so I am sure anything your DH dished out wasn't even close to what they are used to.

Just give your DH lots of love and understanding and realize this is hard on him too and the last thing he probably wants to be doing, but is. You want to make sure that he is willing to continue to corporate.

Good Luck to you!
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
December 2nd, 2011, 07:41 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
That sucks! I'm sure everything will be fine...like the others said, they are used to dealing with women hopped up on hormones all the time, so I'm sure it wasn't a big deal.

When we went in for DH's first SA, he was so embarrassed and nervous he didn't even want me to say "semen analysis" out loud I think it takes them a little while longer to get used to this stuff!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

December 2nd, 2011, 07:48 AM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
I totally could NOT imagine having to ummmm......you know......I don't know a classy way to say it......ummmmm......do what they have to do for that test. I would be MORTIFIED if I had to do that on demand and in some office where everyone outside the door knows what I am doing in there! I know we go thru some pretty uncomfortable stuff....but I don't think ANY of it compares to having to do THAT! The fact that these guys are willing to do it at all will never cease to amaze and impress me. I'm sure the docs understand that too and are willing to give a little "bad behavior" a by.

December 2nd, 2011, 08:16 AM
Yeah, the fact that he wanted to do it so quickly to get it over with made me happy, but now he is incredibly mad. After I told him it was most likely my fault for reading the paper wrong he hasn't replied back to me by email. I'm hoping he's just busy at work and not fuming mad at me. I asked him if he would like me to schedule him an appointment on the 16th and he hasn't said anything yet.

Can I get a do-over for today?

December 2nd, 2011, 08:24 AM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
When DH took his first sample in he was totally embarrassed too. He couldn’t say semen analysis either. I told him to just say SA and they would know what he was talking about. We have to remember that they love us to pieces and are doing this for us and for their unborn child. Just like we are doing it for them and our unborn child. The entire process is embarrassing, emotional and at times humiliating. It has exposed us all to things we never thought would be talked about with strangers and doctors and receptionists and frankly anyone we can get to discuss it with us. I think we all deserve a standing ovation including our wonderful DH.
Did you get the SA appointment rescheduled yet?
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
December 2nd, 2011, 11:29 AM
Yeah, since DH will be out of town next week we're having him go in on Friday the 16th.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search