Hi I am new...would like to join yall! Soon to be IVFer

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Sweetpea79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
well not knew to JM but new to this area of JM

My name is Amanda (32) my DH is Chris (32)
I have 2 girls from a 10 yr marriage and he has no children
We have been ttc for over 2 years
Got pg last Dec right after our IVF evaluation (go figure)
Then lost that baby at 6wks - my crazy dr did NOT do a d&c til almost 20wks of the would be pregnancy

We are to start our cycle up for a January retrieval as soon as AF gets here... well January or February depending on all the meds I have to be on per the nurse?!?

I am totally freaked and so nervous about the procedure, the meds, the cost etc... I really have no idea what we are getting ourselves into. I have heard horror stories about the progesterone and oil shot too! AH!

As soon as AF gets here (currently 13dpo tested BFN) I call them and we get started...

Looking forward to be around here with you ladies!
December 7th, 2011, 05:25 AM
junglepeachpie's Avatar Super Mommy
Welcome to the board, Amanda!

This can all be so overwhelming so you're in the right place. I might be starting IVF around the same time as you so maybe we can go through it together. I just haven't decided if I'm ready.

Hang in there!
TTC #1 since September 2009. Stopped TTC in January 2012
IUI #1 April 2011 was a success, but lost baby at 9 weeks
IUIs #2-5 BFN
Decided not to do IVF and embrace a childfree life (at least for awhile)
December 7th, 2011, 05:31 AM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello. I'm new too -- starting with IUI this month. Good luck.
December 7th, 2011, 06:04 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
welcome and good luck! we have a lot of girls on the board that have done or are doing IVF. I'd suggest checking out the IVF subforum, we have threads for girls cycling at certain times and you can find someone going through the same things as you.

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

December 7th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Jenn in DC's Avatar Super Mommy
Welcome Amanda! I'm Jenn and a fellow IVFer.

I'm sorry for your loss and your TTC struggles. You are definitely in the right place. Many of us have been through IVF and are very happy to offer advice, answer questions and provide support. As Jen suggested, you should check out the IVF sub-forum. It was absolutely invaluable to be as I was going through IVF.

I wish you the very best and please let me know if you have any questions.

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
Cycle #13 - 15= IUIs with Clomid & Gonal F - All BFNs
Cycle #16 -21 - Natural Cycles, started acupuncture and chinese herbs - BFN
Cycle #22 - IVF Clinical Trial. Cycle Cancelled.
Cycle #23 - Minimal Stimulation IVF #1 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen on Day 3.
Cycle #24 - Mini-IVF #2 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen as expanded blasts on Day 5.
Cycle #25 - Mini-IVF #3 - 4 eggs retrieved (two mature and 2 immature), one egg made it to blast and was frozen. Five snowbabies in all!! Hysteroscopy.
Cycle #26 Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP and then miscarriage
Cycle #27 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP!!
Due Date: July 20th
Aven Robert Born on August 4th
December 7th, 2011, 06:54 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Welcome, Amanda! I'm glad you joined us over here. Like Jen said, up toward the top of the TTCMA boards there is a TTC by IVF section with a Dec/Jan/Feb thread that you can join in on. There are several of us doing fresh or frozen cycles during this time.

IVF can be really overwhelming...all the meds and doses and info and $$...just take it one piece at a time and we'll try to help answer any questions if we can. Good luck!!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

December 7th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Yay I am so excited!! You guys are going to be a worry reliever for me!

I am 14dpo today so should start tomorrow or Friday, just spoke with my nurse and got the ball rolling. As soon as the witch shows I start the BC and my heperin (I have blood clotting issues as well

She said they were looking at a retrieval of 1.23.12 I can't wait!
December 7th, 2011, 09:49 AM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
Welcome Amanda!!! I'm glad you are starting on your IVF journey and hopefully it will give you your rainbow baby!

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
December 7th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet.hun View Post
Welcome Amanda!!! I'm glad you are starting on your IVF journey and hopefully it will give you your rainbow baby!
December 7th, 2011, 06:19 PM
MandyEllen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Amanda! I'm Mandy. We are starting our first IVF cycle after AF comes too. I've been here on ttcma thru 3 failed IUIs. You'll get lots of help and support here. Good luck!
7/12/13 - 16 dpo beta=825
7/19/13 - 23 dpo beta=18,870
7/26/13 - 30 dpo beta=72,091

December 7th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Thanks yall for the warm welcome!!

Mandy I had 3 failed iUis too so frustrating!!!

Good luck with your cycle do you have an estimated retrieval date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyEllen View Post
Hi Amanda! I'm Mandy. We are starting our first IVF cycle after AF comes too. I've been here on ttcma thru 3 failed IUIs. You'll get lots of help and support here. Good luck!
Jan 12 failed IVF
10.30 FET (1) 5BB frostie who was hatching
11.3 - BFP 4dp5dt (9dpo)
11.5 beta 42 6dp5dt (11dpo)
11.7 beta 129 8dp5dt (13dpo)

December 7th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Veteran
SweetPea - Welcome! My name is Alicia; I am in the Dec/January thread KMH mentioned - I am waiting to do a frozen transfer mid to late January, barring everything with the next couple AF's are good, etc. I went through my first IVF cycle this past July, which for a first try, I did end up pregnant. However, it ended in m/c at 7 weeks. Many other girls in these threads have been through IVF cycles already too, so like everyone is saying, you are definitely in the right place.

By joing one the threads specific to the months, most of us are going through the same types of things at the same times. But, even girls from other threads check in on us and we check in on them and their BFP's, as they are ahead of us. We are all great cheerleaders for each other - they are all amazing!

Welcome - look forward to your updates as you start your journey for your miracle =)
December 8th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Erin84's Avatar POAS Queen
We got here about the same time, so it sounds silly for me to welcome you here, but I'll do it anyway WELCOME! Congrats on the retrieval date, how exciting!

With us on earth for five short days, with us in our hearts forever.
(Thank you Natasha for this beautiful graphic of Andrew, and to the ladies of the Nov 10 PR who help me in carrying on his memory.)

Jan. 2009: Came off years of BCP and started TTC
March 2010: BFP -- finally!
Oct. 22, 2010: Drew is born, but has to stay in the NICU because of cord complications resulting in oxygen deprivation and brain problems =(
Oct. 27, 2010: I held him in my arms while Daddy, Grandma, Great-Uncle and I sang him to sleep =( Hardest thing I've ever done...
June 14, 2011: Drew's baby brother or sister waved hi to us with a BFP!
June 25, 2011: Natural miscarriage... Can we please catch a break here?
Nov. 2011: 100mg Clomid followed by 2mg Estrogen, Ovidrel trigger, and 200mg progesterone suppositories 2x/day 14 days. BFN.
Dec. 2011: 2nd medicated cycle. BFN.
Jan. 2012: Took a month off to breathe...
Feb. 2012: Same regimen of Clomid and other meds, add IUI. 2 eggs and 8.5 million swimmers. BFN.
March 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-11, follie scan CD 8 showed 6 follies likely to mature. Triggered, IUI on CD 14, 4 million swimmers. BFN.
April 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-10. Scan showed 2 mature follies, 2 almost certain to mature, and two not likely but possible. (All 6 evenly and perfectly spaced out between the left and the right.) Triggered, IUI CD 13 with 5 million swimmers. BFN.
May 2012: 75 IU Follistim starting CD 3. Waiting to O. Timed intercourse. Likely 5 follies to mature.

^^ Click graphic for chart ^^

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search