Who is the peestick queen?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2011, 09:29 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
After seeing Melissa's post in the IVF subforum from her cycle with Claire, it made me wonder, who is as peestick obsessive as us?

What is the maximum number of HPT's you have used in a cycle?

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

December 8th, 2011, 09:47 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Oh, sheesh, I don't even know how many sticks I peed on during that cycle. I took one every day after the trigger shot...at least 2 a day from 10DPO on...6 on my first beta day...2 a day after that until my betas started acting normal, which was 27DPO for me...and then I tested on and off until I was about 10 weeks. I wish I had kept track!!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

December 8th, 2011, 09:52 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
Doing the math...2 per day from trigger to 18 DPO, plus 12 FRER, plus 3 Answer, plus 4 digi...so about 60. I was a wee bit obsessive.

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

December 8th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Erin84's Avatar POAS Queen
I use the Wondfo cheapies, so I just test away guiltlessly. I usually start testing at 6 or 7 dpo KNOWING it's going to be a BFN, but that way my hopes aren't running away with me. Then I usually test daily, sometimes twice daily, until AF comes. (When I get a BFP I continue to test like a crazy person.) I'm kind of a 2WW freakout queen, just wait. Every cycle I think, "I'm not going to do that this cycle," but I always do.

With us on earth for five short days, with us in our hearts forever.
(Thank you Natasha for this beautiful graphic of Andrew, and to the ladies of the Nov 10 PR who help me in carrying on his memory.)

Jan. 2009: Came off years of BCP and started TTC
March 2010: BFP -- finally!
Oct. 22, 2010: Drew is born, but has to stay in the NICU because of cord complications resulting in oxygen deprivation and brain problems =(
Oct. 27, 2010: I held him in my arms while Daddy, Grandma, Great-Uncle and I sang him to sleep =( Hardest thing I've ever done...
June 14, 2011: Drew's baby brother or sister waved hi to us with a BFP!
June 25, 2011: Natural miscarriage... Can we please catch a break here?
Nov. 2011: 100mg Clomid followed by 2mg Estrogen, Ovidrel trigger, and 200mg progesterone suppositories 2x/day 14 days. BFN.
Dec. 2011: 2nd medicated cycle. BFN.
Jan. 2012: Took a month off to breathe...
Feb. 2012: Same regimen of Clomid and other meds, add IUI. 2 eggs and 8.5 million swimmers. BFN.
March 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-11, follie scan CD 8 showed 6 follies likely to mature. Triggered, IUI on CD 14, 4 million swimmers. BFN.
April 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-10. Scan showed 2 mature follies, 2 almost certain to mature, and two not likely but possible. (All 6 evenly and perfectly spaced out between the left and the right.) Triggered, IUI CD 13 with 5 million swimmers. BFN.
May 2012: 75 IU Follistim starting CD 3. Waiting to O. Timed intercourse. Likely 5 follies to mature.

^^ Click graphic for chart ^^

December 8th, 2011, 10:03 AM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
No Comment, lol

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
December 8th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Sarah S.'s Avatar Veteran
I saw this post and had to laugh. DH thinks we should've taken stock in HPTs! The most I ever used is when I got pregnant with Katie. I took a minimum of 2 a day from trigger till 9dpo when I got my first BFP (after a negative on 8dpo) then I literally took a test every single time I peed until I was about 5 or 6 weeks weeks. I bought like 75 IC and then at the time amazon had loose FRER real cheap and I bought like 25+ of them. This time around 50 IC and probably 12 frer lasted me 2 cycles or so. I wish I've kept track of how many HPTs I've bought over the past 5 years! Wonder if you can write them off on your taxes as part of out of pocket medical expenses??
And now we feel like our family is complete!
December 8th, 2011, 10:34 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Yes, buying stock in HPTs would have been a great idea!

When DH saw the Amazon.com charge in our bank account, he asked me what I bought for $150. Claire's Christmas present? I told him I bought pregnancy tests and a heating pad, and I thought he was going to pass out.

I'm thinking of requesting a blinkie:

I'm not addicted to HPTs, they are addicted to me!!

Melissa & DH

December 8th, 2011, 10:58 AM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
LOL, I know I am guilty... My DH was coming up with the funniest commercials for a Pee-a-holics anonymous group.

A crazy woman asking everyone if they can see her "line" and when they don't answer the right way, she uploads the pic and tweaks it in every way possible.

She googles every symptom, analyzes her body, researches which tests have the most sensitivity, and when she runs out of her stash, she uses her old OPK's to see if THEY are darker...

LOL
December 8th, 2011, 12:37 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Love it, Melissa! The commercials they do have are so lame...everyone is relaxed and glowing and calm. Does that happen in real life?

Melissa & DH

December 8th, 2011, 05:26 PM
junglepeachpie's Avatar Super Mommy
I think the most I've used in a cycle is around 10. This cycle I haven't even been tempted! I just don't feel like there is any chance and I have zero symptoms.
TTC #1 since September 2009. Stopped TTC in January 2012
IUI #1 April 2011 was a success, but lost baby at 9 weeks
IUIs #2-5 BFN
Decided not to do IVF and embrace a childfree life (at least for awhile)
December 9th, 2011, 02:13 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Thank goodness for Amazon.com...this would have been embarrassing to do at Wal-Mart.

Melissa & DH

December 9th, 2011, 07:58 PM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah S. View Post
I saw this post and had to laugh. DH thinks we should've taken stock in HPTs! The most I ever used is when I got pregnant with Katie. I took a minimum of 2 a day from trigger till 9dpo when I got my first BFP (after a negative on 8dpo) then I literally took a test every single time I peed until I was about 5 or 6 weeks weeks. I bought like 75 IC and then at the time amazon had loose FRER real cheap and I bought like 25+ of them. This time around 50 IC and probably 12 frer lasted me 2 cycles or so. I wish I've kept track of how many HPTs I've bought over the past 5 years! Wonder if you can write them off on your taxes as part of out of pocket medical expenses??
you could for 2010!

Is It Deductible? We Evaluate 12 Common Expenses - DailyFinance

Quote:
Yes. A pregnancy test, like any other diagnostic test (including, for example, a blood sugar test kit), is deductible.
*sorry was lurking*
~TTC #1 together 2 years and counting ~

Awesome siggy made by Jaidynsmum
Matthew and Mark 08/24/2005 9w1d, Mattie Anne 04/07/2008 8w Mel and Dee 01/19/2010 (8 weeks) and 5 chemical pregnancies
Hope 07/22/2012@4w1d,Konnor 11/24/2012@3w6d,"Emmy"1/15/2013@ 3w6d,Ronen 02/10/2013@3w5d,Joy 07/19/2013@3w6d, "Pea" 09/06/2013@ 3w3d

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, PCOS, Insulin resistant.
150mcg Synthyroid, 500mg Metformin (aiming for 1500mg)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search