Need some thoughts *preg & miscarriage ment*

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2011, 05:54 AM
mojo-risin's Avatar Super Mommy
I thought you ladies might have some insight. I am currently going through my second possible miscarriage (first was in August at 9 weeks. Saw a heartbeat previously, and then no heartbeat the next week, with slow growth). This was our first month back on Clomid after that loss.

I will give you guys the full story.

I started what I *thought* was my period on Nov. 13th. It was lighter than normal, but I chalked it up to possibly not ovulating (I had a negative HPT on Nov. 11th), and started my next round of Clomid on the 16th. On Sat. Nov. 19th, I felt a little funny when I got up, and decided to test, just to put my mind at ease. Imagine my surprise when there was a blaring BFP. Of course, I was scared due to the fact I had taken 4 doses of Clomid (50mg). I called my OB on Monday morning, and had a bhcg drawn. The levels went as follows:

Nov. 21st - 284
Nov. 23rd - 434
Nov. 28th - 1395
Dec. 1 - 1535 (u/s showed gest. sac 5w2d)
Dec. 6th - 2455
Dec. 7th - 3594
Dec. 8th - u/s showed yolk sac and fetal pole 6w1d. There is a subchorionic hematoma that has grown as well.

I also have had low progesterone at 6 taken on Nov. 21st. Put on suppositories. I stopped the progesterone after the Dec. 1st draw, expecting a miscarriage, and my progesterone on Dec. 6th was 12 (I am planning on restarting, just because I am so completely confused).

I am completely shocked that the numbers are increasing, that the growth was appropriate for one week especially with such a minimal rise in hcg. I don't know what to think. Anyone have any words of wisdom, advice, similar story? I can't wrap my mind around it, and I although I am 99.9999% sure it isn't a viable pregnancy, I can't help but have a miniscule sliver of hope. It is so frustrating to have trouble getting pregnant and then going through this he**!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggie!!

December 9th, 2011, 06:25 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I wish that I had answers for you...I was in this kind of limbo once, and it was a complete nightmare. I can't tell you why this is happening to you or what outcome to expect, and although waiting is the last thing you want to be doing right now, it is really the only thing you CAN do

Here's a short version of what happened to me:
We did our first cycle of IVF in November 2009. I tested positive at home, but my first two betas were 11.8 and 12.4. Like you, I was told that I did not have a viable pregnancy and that I should stop my progesterone. I did.

Without explanation or reason, my betas started going up the next week, we saw the sac on the ultrasound, and things were improving. My doctor told me he had no clue what was happening to me and that I was a mystery, but he didn't think I had a healthy pregnancy. Like you, I had that teensy tiny bit of hope that it would somehow work out. My "nonviable pregnancy" was born as healthy as can be at 37 weeks and is now 17 months old and telling me she wants a banana

I wish I had answers for you, I really, really do. Just know that there isn't always an explanation for these things and that miracles DO happen. Please keep us updated...I will be thinking of you!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

December 9th, 2011, 07:03 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
I have no answers for you, but I hope you get some clear answers soon!

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

December 9th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Thank you both. Your story is amazing, KMH, and I am so glad to see someone who had such a fighter for a little one!

December 9th, 2011, 08:11 AM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
Thinking of you and your little bean.

December 10th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Seeing that you had a positive beta on the 21st, the bleeding you had on the 13th was not your period. Looks like you had already Od (and fertilized and possibly implanted) by the time you took clomid.
I wish you best! Are they going to do more ultrasounds? It's good they saw a yolk sac and fetal pole!
I wish all doctors would do monitoring when treating women with clomid. A u/s should really be done to at least verify that yes, this is your period, instead of just giving the medication and letting women go on their way.

Baby girl born Feb 2013

December 10th, 2011, 08:52 AM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Servilia View Post
Seeing that you had a positive beta on the 21st, the bleeding you had on the 13th was not your period. Looks like you had already Od (and fertilized and possibly implanted) by the time you took clomid.
I wish you best! Are they going to do more ultrasounds? It's good they saw a yolk sac and fetal pole!
I wish all doctors would do monitoring when treating women with clomid. A u/s should really be done to at least verify that yes, this is your period, instead of just giving the medication and letting women go on their way.
I 100% completely agree with you on that one!

As for the OP, good luck! I hope your little bean is a fighter!

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
December 10th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Oh, I know that wasn't my period. I am sure it was either related to implantation or low progesterone. I was super upset when I realized that I had taken Clomid while
PG. The thing that upsets me the most is that, I, of all people should've known better than to disregard that bleeding as my period. I'm an embryologist, so early pregnancy is my "thing". Even though I probably need to see an RE for monitored cycles, I feel like I'd be "cheating" on my clinic if I went somewhere else, and I'm not really keen on letting my RE's in on my issues. I am definitely beating myself up over this whole thing.

December 10th, 2011, 11:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Please don't beat yourself up! There's nothing to be gained from that. You really couldn't have known on your own. It was reasonable to assume it was your period so you did what you thought was best so don't be upset with yourself. Important thing is you saw the fetal pole. The numbers aren't ideal but there have been plenty of stories of women with far from ideal betas who ended up just fine with a baby. I will have you in my thoughts and prayers!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

December 11th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Thank you. Regardless of the outcome, you guys have helped. It's unfair that any of us should have to go through the pain of infertility and loss.

December 11th, 2011, 08:16 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I agree...don't be so hard on yourself! We all operate under the assumption that our bodies will behave normally, and there's no reason you should have suspected anything out of the ordinary.

Melissa & DH

December 12th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
Doctors don't know it all and can't predict it all. I've got an 8 week old "ectopic pregnancy" sleeping next to me. My RE went as far as was talking about calling in the prescription for the cancer drug that terminates ectopic pregnancies. I told her she could, but I wouldn't fill it or take it yet till I had more answers. Her issue was that between 13DPO and 20DPO my HCG only went up 455points, which she thought it should have been higher. So at 21DPO they did an ultrasound and HCG draw again. They saw nothing in the ultrasound, I was 5 weeks based on my LMP. When I told her I refused to take the meds she wanted me back in 4 days for another ultrasound. When they realized it wasn't ectopic but an empty sac at 5+ weeks she she told me to prepare for a M/C. If I didn't start bleeding then she wanted to see me in a week. Well a week after going from ectopic to "just a M/C" we had a beating heart. The only thing we can think of is 2 eggs were fertilized and one implanted around 8DPO and the second either released later or implanted between 10DPO-12DPO. Between 13DPO and 19DPO the other egg stopped growing. My RE can't say 100% what it was but just that's a theory of her's. Either way I stuck to my guns, had I listened to the RE I wouldn't have my daughter.
At 10DPO my HCG was 26
At 13DPO it was 105
At 20DPO it was 560
At 21DPO it was 958(5 weeks ultrasound showed nothing)
At 25DPO it was 3533 (5w4d ultrasound showed an empty sac)
At 32DPO (6w4d) we finally had a sac with pole measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat

made by BAM

December 14th, 2011, 07:35 PM
I am so nervous. Ultrasound early tomorrow morning. Although you ladies have given me hope, I am still terrified! I just am keeping my fingers crossed that I'll have my miracle story to tell in a few months. Good thoughts for tomorrow, please!

December 14th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
good luck tomorrow!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

December 14th, 2011, 08:35 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
I hope you have great news tomorrow!!!!
December 15th, 2011, 05:27 AM
Good luck!

My Blog

December 15th, 2011, 05:39 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
My fingers are crossed for you!

Melissa & DH

December 15th, 2011, 06:40 AM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
Thinking of you today! We all hope for the best outcome for you!
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
December 16th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Unfortunately, no growth and no heartbeat. I had a D&C las night. I am okay with it, just ready to move on to the next step. Hopefully, my next pregnancy is viable! Thank you again for the support!

December 16th, 2011, 06:58 AM
I'm so sorry. I'm glad you finally got a definite answer.

My Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search