Trigger! (x-posted)

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Erin84's Avatar POAS Queen
I want to read everyone's posts, but I have to come back later. I have a final tonight in 6 hours and need to knock that out first. But I wanted to post because I'm so excited -- I got my first trigger shot ever today I had four follies: 21, 20, 16, 16. The doc is pretty confident that I'll get 2 good eggs out of the deal. He went ahead and triggered me today in hopes of keeping those 16s from blessing me with triplets or quads. I also got progesterone suppositories to start tomorrow. I'm so excited! Here goes!! I know my hopes shouldn't be SO high considering this is my first TTCMA cycle ever, but they are. This is just in time for a Christmas BFP -- who wouldn't be hopeful?

I know I'm new here, and I know a lot of ladies have been TTCMA a long time. I understand if your heart isn't into watching me make this journey as I watch you make yours. I know in TTC After Loss, it was always so hard to see the noobs come in and get BFPs. It's joyful, yes, but there's also that sense of jealousy about it. "You've posted here all of twice and now you have a BFP? What gives?!" So I promise, no hard feelings if there's a lack of enthusiasm surrounding the new girl's trigger shot.

I just had to get it out. Now, to study. Then tonight, come home and catch up on posts. I'm so happy to be here!

With us on earth for five short days, with us in our hearts forever.
(Thank you Natasha for this beautiful graphic of Andrew, and to the ladies of the Nov 10 PR who help me in carrying on his memory.)

Jan. 2009: Came off years of BCP and started TTC
March 2010: BFP -- finally!
Oct. 22, 2010: Drew is born, but has to stay in the NICU because of cord complications resulting in oxygen deprivation and brain problems =(
Oct. 27, 2010: I held him in my arms while Daddy, Grandma, Great-Uncle and I sang him to sleep =( Hardest thing I've ever done...
June 14, 2011: Drew's baby brother or sister waved hi to us with a BFP!
June 25, 2011: Natural miscarriage... Can we please catch a break here?
Nov. 2011: 100mg Clomid followed by 2mg Estrogen, Ovidrel trigger, and 200mg progesterone suppositories 2x/day 14 days. BFN.
Dec. 2011: 2nd medicated cycle. BFN.
Jan. 2012: Took a month off to breathe...
Feb. 2012: Same regimen of Clomid and other meds, add IUI. 2 eggs and 8.5 million swimmers. BFN.
March 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-11, follie scan CD 8 showed 6 follies likely to mature. Triggered, IUI on CD 14, 4 million swimmers. BFN.
April 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-10. Scan showed 2 mature follies, 2 almost certain to mature, and two not likely but possible. (All 6 evenly and perfectly spaced out between the left and the right.) Triggered, IUI CD 13 with 5 million swimmers. BFN.
May 2012: 75 IU Follistim starting CD 3. Waiting to O. Timed intercourse. Likely 5 follies to mature.

^^ Click graphic for chart ^^

December 12th, 2011, 11:44 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Good luck on your final!!

I hope those eggies are nice and healthy and ready for a hot date with a sperm

I am like you...every new treatment or plan make me SOOO excited about getting a BFP. It's like finding a puzzle piece and hoping you have finally found the one that will make your puzzle complete. I hope the trigger shot is your missing puzzle piece.

I can't speak for anyone else, but my heart will be smiling when you get your BFP

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

December 12th, 2011, 12:10 PM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
You are silly. This is exciting! I am sure the women on this board would be happy for you even though you are new. We wouldn't wish this process on our worst enemy.

I understand your excitement. It does feel good to have a plan in action. I hope it works for you and your stay here is short.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
December 12th, 2011, 04:30 PM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
yay! good luck! Every MA BFP is super exciting!

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

December 12th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Luvgreen19's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakr View Post
you are silly. This is exciting! I am sure the women on this board would be happy for you even though you are new. We wouldn't wish this process on our worst enemy.
ditto!
Round 2- 2013
Two failed Clomid cycles in May-June of 2013 followed by35 days of Follistim at gradually building levels + trigger+IUI= in August 2013!
It's a boy! DS#2 due April 28th, 2014!
Born via planned C-section April 22nd,2014 due to being breech

December 12th, 2011, 06:18 PM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
I agree with the other ladies. Every MA BFP is awesome and should be celebrated when it happens. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
December 12th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Maybe it's a little different here. Sometimes over in TTCAL, someone would wander in and be like, "omg, my last pg was a loss, and now I'm pg again, I'm so scared!" and then we'd never hear from them again. For some of us, myself included, those posts were like a punch to the gut. Some of the ladies have up to 5 losses under their belts, so on occasion, seeing someone get pregnant right away could be a little disheartening because it comes so easily to some, while it seems to never come for others. Thank you for the encouragement, I feel even more at home here now

(Thank you Natasha for this beautiful graphic of Andrew, and to the ladies of the Nov 10 PR who help me in carrying on his memory.)

Oct. 22, 2010: Drew is born, but has to stay in the NICU because of cord complications resulting in oxygen deprivation and brain problems =(
Oct. 27, 2010: I held him in my arms while Daddy, Grandma, Great-Uncle and I sang him to sleep =( Hardest thing I've ever done...
Nov. 2011: 100mg Clomid followed by 2mg Estrogen, Ovidrel trigger, and 200mg progesterone suppositories 2x/day 14 days. BFN.
Feb. 2012: Same regimen of Clomid and other meds, add IUI. 2 eggs and 8.5 million swimmers. BFN.
March 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-11, follie scan CD 8 showed 6 follies likely to mature. Triggered, IUI on CD 14, 4 million swimmers. BFN.
April 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-10. Scan showed 2 mature follies, 2 almost certain to mature, and two not likely but possible. (All 6 evenly and perfectly spaced out between the left and the right.) Triggered, IUI CD 13 with 5 million swimmers. BFN.
May 2012: 75 IU Follistim starting CD 3. Waiting to O. Timed intercourse. Likely 5 follies to mature.

December 13th, 2011, 06:30 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Oh don't get me wrong...we have that over here, too. We'll get someone who has been trying for 6 months, pestered their doc for Clomid, and then their 3rd post on our board is a BFP and something about how their "long struggle" has finally ended. Those make me want to scream

I hardly think you fit into that category. Hope those spermies are swimming hard as we speak!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

December 13th, 2011, 07:57 AM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
Erin,
I have never suffered a loss, Thank you Jesus! I am so sorry you have. I hope with time you can heal your heart and that loss doesn't hurt you so bad with time.
I also haven't been through half of the stuff the ladies on this board have been through. However, I can't imagine for a second they wouldn't be excited for me if I were to EVER get my BFP as I will be when they get their BFP.
The knowledge, support and as weird as this sounds - being there when you feel like no one else is - that these strong amazing women have given to me is HUGE. I hope I can repay it back to someone else in need as well going through this process. Sniff sniff
I hope you find your home on this board as I did and let us be your cheerleaders during this super challenging time in our life.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
December 13th, 2011, 08:00 AM
ccartanddesign's Avatar With Faith
I hope you have a BFP soon!
Are you doing IVF or IUI?
Me-38 DH-38. TTC #1 since August 2009
2/2011 - IUI + Femara + HCG trigger and Progesterone injection BFN
3/2011 - IUI + Femara + HCG trigger and Progesterone injection
4/2011 - not doing IUI - DH out of town
5/2011 - IUI with Femara and HCG trigger. In hospital due to infection from IUI.
Took a break from all meds this summer.
9/2011: - Start with new RE - testing begins.
10/2011: - Hysteroscopy - determine tubes are blocked.
10/2011 : - Laparoscopy - clip blocked tubes, determine right ovary is adhered to pelvic wall, cut adhesions
11/24/2011: IVF cycle #1 begins. Start stims.
12/2/2011: End stims. HCG trigger.
12/4/2011: Egg Retrieval. 9 eggs, only 1 embryo.
12/7/2011: Transfer.
12/20/2011: IVF #1 failed.
1/16/2012: IVF #2 first scan
"Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible." Matt. 19:26
December 13th, 2011, 10:45 AM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
That is VERY exciting! I hope and pray you catch one or two of those big beautiful eggies!!!! Good luck!! Can't wait to hear about your BFP in about 2 weeks!

December 13th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Yep. I'm definitely glad I wandered over here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccartanddesign View Post
I hope you have a BFP soon!
Are you doing IVF or IUI?
We're actually still doing things naturally at this point, just with monitoring and medical assistance. Follicle ultrasounds, Clomid, Estradiol, trigger shot, progesterone... Just well-timed BDing, like always, but with the help of a little modern medicine.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search