Ah...Facebook updates and pregnancy

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2011, 02:08 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
What are your thoughts on people posting stuff about their pregnancy online? Does it bother you to see weekly belly pics, ultrasound pics, pregnancy complaints, etc.?

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

December 12th, 2011, 02:16 PM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
Nope, it's their facebook and they can do what they want. If it gets too annoying I'll change my subscription to them to view only important life events or something of that nature.

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
December 12th, 2011, 03:00 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
It's no harder than finding out any other way if its an announcement...

As far as pics and updates, I think it's fine as long as it's not ALL they talk about.. then it's really annoying and I change my subscription.
December 12th, 2011, 04:22 PM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
Ditto. I don't mind the major updates, it's when it is daily and constantly pregnancy that it bugs me.

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

December 12th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I kind of feel the same way as you guys....it is their FB and they have a right to be excited and to "talk" about it. If I get too annoyed or depressed, that's on me, and I unsubscribe or something.

But I do have to say...I'm with Melissa....it is annoying when it's ALL they talk about!
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

December 12th, 2011, 07:14 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
It does bother me a little... but it is their page, so I just hide them. I only hide the ones that post about it ALL the time.

I don't like when people complain a lot though. I don't want to hear about your big baby belly keeping you from sleeping, or being nauseated. Yes it sucks, but comes with the territory. I will take it any day!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
December 12th, 2011, 07:38 PM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelbert View Post
It does bother me a little... but it is their page, so I just hide them. I only hide the ones that post about it ALL the time.

I don't like when people complain a lot though. I don't want to hear about your big baby belly keeping you from sleeping, or being nauseated. Yes it sucks, but comes with the territory. I will take it any day!
I agree. When people complain about every little thing it's annoying. There is one girl that I had to take off my friends list because it was always "I feel fat, my face is getting so chubby". She got pregnant her first try and is almost 30 weeks and it just irritates me. I went so far as to even block her blog from my viewing.

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
December 12th, 2011, 07:44 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet.hun View Post
I agree. When people complain about every little thing it's annoying. There is one girl that I had to take off my friends list because it was always "I feel fat, my face is getting so chubby". She got pregnant her first try and is almost 30 weeks and it just irritates me. I went so far as to even block her blog from my viewing.
Man that is the worst! My SIL got preg. first try too and was only 20. I was so glad she didn't have a FB!

I actually have 5 or 6 people I am unsubscribed from right now. I may add them back eventually

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
December 12th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Erin84's Avatar POAS Queen
I have a TON of people hidden on my FB. ALMOST anyone who was pregnant when I was pregnant with Drew, or has since become pregnant and/or had a baby. When I got pg last time I felt amazing and went through and resubscribed to everyone, then I miscarried shortly thereafter and hid everyone again. I definitely think people should talk about it, as much or as little as they want. I hide them with no ill-will or remorse I go check on them when I can, but I can't have it coming at me all the time.

With us on earth for five short days, with us in our hearts forever.
(Thank you Natasha for this beautiful graphic of Andrew, and to the ladies of the Nov 10 PR who help me in carrying on his memory.)

Jan. 2009: Came off years of BCP and started TTC
March 2010: BFP -- finally!
Oct. 22, 2010: Drew is born, but has to stay in the NICU because of cord complications resulting in oxygen deprivation and brain problems =(
Oct. 27, 2010: I held him in my arms while Daddy, Grandma, Great-Uncle and I sang him to sleep =( Hardest thing I've ever done...
June 14, 2011: Drew's baby brother or sister waved hi to us with a BFP!
June 25, 2011: Natural miscarriage... Can we please catch a break here?
Nov. 2011: 100mg Clomid followed by 2mg Estrogen, Ovidrel trigger, and 200mg progesterone suppositories 2x/day 14 days. BFN.
Dec. 2011: 2nd medicated cycle. BFN.
Jan. 2012: Took a month off to breathe...
Feb. 2012: Same regimen of Clomid and other meds, add IUI. 2 eggs and 8.5 million swimmers. BFN.
March 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-11, follie scan CD 8 showed 6 follies likely to mature. Triggered, IUI on CD 14, 4 million swimmers. BFN.
April 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-10. Scan showed 2 mature follies, 2 almost certain to mature, and two not likely but possible. (All 6 evenly and perfectly spaced out between the left and the right.) Triggered, IUI CD 13 with 5 million swimmers. BFN.
May 2012: 75 IU Follistim starting CD 3. Waiting to O. Timed intercourse. Likely 5 follies to mature.

^^ Click graphic for chart ^^

December 12th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
I just try and ignore it when I'm in a funk or am happy for them when I'm not. I try not to complain about my pregnancies on FB just because there are a few friends on my FB that have had troubles getting pregnant or staying pregnant. With DS I did post a lot more about the pregnancy, but with DD it was mostly about ultrasounds, when we found out her sex, and when she was born. I did post ultrasound pictures when I got them, but I don't post bump pictures (I don't take them, to depressing as I just look like a fatter person.).

On the other hand I know someone who is pregnant and I just found out Saturday. She's not said a word on FB because she's not happy about being pregnant. Which kinda hurt me but I know it really hurt a friend of mine who is more of friends with her. My friend has a 4 year old and has been trying to stay pregnant since her child was 1 year and her friend knows that...

made by BAM

December 13th, 2011, 06:35 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has to hide the people who post daily (or hourly!) updates on their pregnancy. I have one particular who literally posts 3 or 4 times a day about how hard pregnancy is and how lousy she feels and how she can't wait until it is over. I just can't deal with that.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

December 13th, 2011, 07:33 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It does bother me A LOT, but I do realize that it is their Facebook page and they can post whatever they want, and they are entitled to being happy about their pregnancy...so all I do is just hide them if they are upsetting me.
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

December 13th, 2011, 07:38 AM
ccartanddesign's Avatar With Faith
I guess I'm not on fb enough for it to really bother me. Not drinking coffee bothers me! haha
Me-38 DH-38. TTC #1 since August 2009
2/2011 - IUI + Femara + HCG trigger and Progesterone injection BFN
3/2011 - IUI + Femara + HCG trigger and Progesterone injection
4/2011 - not doing IUI - DH out of town
5/2011 - IUI with Femara and HCG trigger. In hospital due to infection from IUI.
Took a break from all meds this summer.
9/2011: - Start with new RE - testing begins.
10/2011: - Hysteroscopy - determine tubes are blocked.
10/2011 : - Laparoscopy - clip blocked tubes, determine right ovary is adhered to pelvic wall, cut adhesions
11/24/2011: IVF cycle #1 begins. Start stims.
12/2/2011: End stims. HCG trigger.
12/4/2011: Egg Retrieval. 9 eggs, only 1 embryo.
12/7/2011: Transfer.
12/20/2011: IVF #1 failed.
1/16/2012: IVF #2 first scan
"Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible." Matt. 19:26
December 13th, 2011, 10:43 AM
MandyEllen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I believe every child is a blessing no matter how they were "made." I get happy when I see people who announce pregnancies mostly because it gives me hope that one day I will get to make an announcement!
I can see how people would get depressed about it though. Soooo many of my fb friends are pregnant. Sometimes it feels like I am the only one who isn't. I don't post anything about our struggles and infertility because DH wants it to be private. I do have a couple of fb friends that post about their IUIs, etc. I try to message them privately and talk to them that way.
7/12/13 - 16 dpo beta=825
7/19/13 - 23 dpo beta=18,870
7/26/13 - 30 dpo beta=72,091

December 13th, 2011, 10:50 AM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
I mostly get annoyed with all the complaining. Announcements, u/s pics, etc don't really bother me. Maybe a TWINGE of jealousy.....but not enough to *upset* me. But the whining about how miserable they are.....that totally unnerves me!

December 13th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMH View Post
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has to hide the people who post daily (or hourly!) updates on their pregnancy. I have one particular who literally posts 3 or 4 times a day about how hard pregnancy is and how lousy she feels and how she can't wait until it is over. I just can't deal with that.
Those are the ones you just want to reply with something snarky like "Well you now have the rest of your life worrying about the child."

made by BAM

December 13th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It does bother me, and I usually hide the story (not necesarily the person posting it, but the individual story). I did have to hide my DH's cousin after she gave birth to her 4th child. She is a wonderful person and mother but her hourly posts of how blessed she is to be mother of 4 and all of the newborn pictures and pictures of her other children with the baby (when I desperately want to make my son a big brother) was just too much.

Having said that, when I was pregnant with my son, I did post 20 week ultrasound pics and belly pictures (NOT my bare belly, just a monthly profile pic). We had TTC for 6 months to get pregnant the first time, so I had a taste of the fact that I wasn't able to take it for granted, but NOTHING like this time around. If I ever miraculously get to be pregnant again (and that is a BIG if), I will not be posting any belly shots, and will debate about whether or not to post u/s pictures. Now that I have experienced this pain, I really don't want to cause it for anyone else.

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search