Two for Tuesday

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2011, 08:36 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
1. If you could by an HCG meter, similar to a blood-glucose meter, where you could test your HCG at home, would you buy one?

2. What do you like most about your current doctor? Least?

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

December 13th, 2011, 12:02 PM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
1. If you could by an HCG meter, similar to a blood-glucose meter, where you could test your HCG at home, would you buy one? Yes!!! YES YES YES!!!! That is the best idea EVER!

2. What do you like most about your current doctor? Least? Most = how aggressive she is and how willing she is to try whatever I want to. Least = how difficult it is to talk directly to her....I hate constantly having to go thru her nurse..... especially since she's not the nicest nurse.

December 13th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Erin84's Avatar POAS Queen
1. If you could by an HCG meter, similar to a blood-glucose meter, where you could test your HCG at home, would you buy one?

Um, HECK YES!!! I'd be checking my levels like a crazy lady until it got to the point where numbers were no longer reliable.

He's very aggressive and does all the RXing, monitoring, etc., that I would have wanted, and I didn't even have to ask! He's trying aggressively to help get me my rainbow baby Least is that he doesn't always explain his thought processes as to why he's doing what he's doing, but since his thoughts match mine, I don't see it as a big deal. He always answers anytime I ask.

With us on earth for five short days, with us in our hearts forever.
(Thank you Natasha for this beautiful graphic of Andrew, and to the ladies of the Nov 10 PR who help me in carrying on his memory.)

Jan. 2009: Came off years of BCP and started TTC
March 2010: BFP -- finally!
Oct. 22, 2010: Drew is born, but has to stay in the NICU because of cord complications resulting in oxygen deprivation and brain problems =(
Oct. 27, 2010: I held him in my arms while Daddy, Grandma, Great-Uncle and I sang him to sleep =( Hardest thing I've ever done...
June 14, 2011: Drew's baby brother or sister waved hi to us with a BFP!
June 25, 2011: Natural miscarriage... Can we please catch a break here?
Nov. 2011: 100mg Clomid followed by 2mg Estrogen, Ovidrel trigger, and 200mg progesterone suppositories 2x/day 14 days. BFN.
Dec. 2011: 2nd medicated cycle. BFN.
Jan. 2012: Took a month off to breathe...
Feb. 2012: Same regimen of Clomid and other meds, add IUI. 2 eggs and 8.5 million swimmers. BFN.
March 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-11, follie scan CD 8 showed 6 follies likely to mature. Triggered, IUI on CD 14, 4 million swimmers. BFN.
April 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-10. Scan showed 2 mature follies, 2 almost certain to mature, and two not likely but possible. (All 6 evenly and perfectly spaced out between the left and the right.) Triggered, IUI CD 13 with 5 million swimmers. BFN.
May 2012: 75 IU Follistim starting CD 3. Waiting to O. Timed intercourse. Likely 5 follies to mature.

^^ Click graphic for chart ^^

December 13th, 2011, 01:00 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
1. If you could by an HCG meter, similar to a blood-glucose meter, where you could test your HCG at home, would you buy one? I guess this isn't surprising since I wrote the question, but I would probably have one at home, one in my purse, one in my car, etc.

Most - Well, besides the fact that he got me pregnant I like the fact that he really, truly cares. When I went to the ER at 8.5 weeks pregnant on a Friday night for cramping and heavy bleeding, he returned my frantic page right away. Then he called twice over the weekend to make sure I was okay...to me that is above and beyond what he had to do.

What I like least about my RE is that he is sometimes very abrupt. Now that I know him better I know that he is very busy and takes things very seriously...he is direct and wants to get the job done right the first time. At first it was very off-putting, though, and I know other patients that left him because of it.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

December 13th, 2011, 01:26 PM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. If you could by an HCG meter, similar to a blood-glucose meter, where you could test your HCG at home, would you buy one? Absolutely 100% without a doubt!

2. What do you like most about your current doctor? Least? Most- I have dealt with 3 RE's, two of which treated me like walking dollar signs and made me feel so bad about myself, and my care was absolutely terrible, so I absolutely love the fact that he truly cares about his patients and wants the best for each and every one. Least- He has some kind of weird nervous twitch where he is always scrunching up his nose, it can get quite annoying during a long conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichelle77 View Post

2. What do you like most about your current doctor? Least? Most = how aggressive she is and how willing she is to try whatever I want to. Least = how difficult it is to talk directly to her....I hate constantly having to go thru her nurse..... especially since she's not the nicest nurse.
I read this and thought of how much that sounds like my last RE, then I saw you are in Missouri, now I am wondering!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

December 13th, 2011, 03:18 PM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Ashley♥ View Post
I read this and thought of how much that sounds like my last RE, then I saw you are in Missouri, now I am wondering!
LOL! My doc is an OB/GYN. We don't have RE's around here. I would have to drive to St. Louis or K.C. I am about an hour south of Springfield. My hubby is from St. Louis tho.....and I am from K.C.

December 13th, 2011, 03:52 PM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
1. If you could by an HCG meter, similar to a blood-glucose meter, where you could test your HCG at home, would you buy one? Sign me up!

2. What do you like most about your current doctor? Least? Like most: He's willing to try anything, listens to me, treats me as someone who has done the research and knows what I am asking for, etc.
Dislike: his partner :/ I HATE the other RE in the office. HATE. I've blogged about my hatred.

My Blog
2006-2014 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2016

December 14th, 2011, 05:25 AM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. If you could by an HCG meter, similar to a blood-glucose meter, where you could test your HCG at home, would you buy one? Probably not. I'm thinking that I don't have the personal strength for all of this testing.

2. What do you like most about your current doctor? Least? Most: That he won't be my doctor by the end of this week. Least? Um, where do I begin? He is abrupt. He lectured me about the lifecyle of a woman's egss -- as if I was a moron. He didn't do what pretty much everyone would consider basic testing and instead rushed us into IUI. He never even completed a physical exam -- a nurse did it instead. And when I asked about testing he discarded my question like I was some sort of neurotic hypochondriac with a testing addiction. Plus -- perhaps TMI -- when he was called in by the nurse to help with the IUI because she couldn't get the cath in, well, I have never had a doctor who was that aggressive, forceful and abrupt work down there. I mean, we weren't re-setting a shoulder, we were just trying to figure out if my uterus was straight. And I get the feeling that he never actually even looked at those 5 pages of questions we answered nor really analyzed our test results beyond a 30 second summary.

Ok, sorry about that. Little rant. Please excuse the ranting lady on the verge of AF.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search