Holiday Food

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2011, 08:11 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I'm busy making my grocery list so I can do some shopping for our holiday meals. Do you make anything special for Christmas? Do you have special snacks or things that you make this time of year? What are your favorites to eat while opening presents?

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

December 19th, 2011, 11:28 AM
jmichelle77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jmichelle77
I found a crock pot breakfast casserole recipe on Pinterest that I am going to try this year. I usually make a HUGE breakfast for Christmas morning but I do all "make ahead" type stuff so that we can focus on gifts and such and I'm not stuck in the kitchen cooking all morning.

December 19th, 2011, 12:29 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I just made 5 pounds of fudge I was going to wait until later in the week, but after the thought of fudge crept into my mind this morning, I couldn't wait another day! Claire and I made a quick trip to the store after lunch to get the marshmallows I needed, and now the fudge is done and cooling.

Melissa & DH

December 19th, 2011, 12:43 PM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
Breakfast: Cinnamon rolls, eggs, and sausage
Lunch: usually sandwiches, etc.
Dinner: HAM!!!!!!

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

December 19th, 2011, 12:51 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Jen, I bought our ham today, too, while I was at the grocery store. I can't wait to eat it! We're also having scalloped potatoes, creamed corn, salad, and pie for dessert. Oh, and I'm making crescent rolls, too, from scratch. They are outstanding, if I do say so myself

Cinnamon rolls! I almost forgot about those...so glad you mentioned it or I would have forgotten that I need more powdered sugar for the frosting. Going to add it to my list...

Melissa & DH

December 19th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We go to my parents' house for Christmas Eve and that's where the big family celebration is. I don't cook anything for that, but we do bring the most amazing fried calamari with hot pepper/garlic sauce from our favorite Italian restaurant.

Christmas day....I do cinnamon rolls and some sort of egg casserole that I can make the night before.
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

December 20th, 2011, 05:18 AM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love just reading about everyone's food.

We are hosting Christmas weekend this year. (Since it falls during our peak fertility period, I am picturing me quickly pushing everyone out the door...Great to see you! Thanks for stopping by! But really, we have to get busy here...)

I am going to try rack of lamb for the first time. Hopefully it works out. I'll also be baking a bushel of cookies this week, and hopefully restraining myself from eating most of them before the family arrives. We don't have one food custom, we just love eating. Last year we did the 12 days of Christmas desserts, based on a French tradition where you serve 12 different (specific) desserts on Christmas Eve. And if you eat a little of each, you have good luck in the coming year. (Hey...where's my BFP for my efforts? )
December 20th, 2011, 06:38 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
Melissa, how does one make crescent rolls from scratch???? I would love to know that, I've heard its too hard and never tried it

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search