Ivf / fet ddc

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2011, 01:31 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
Angie- get on it!!! if you have a netti pot, that thing saved my life! Just make sure you use filtered water, or water that has been boiled. I put a couple tsp of salt in the water and used like 2 pots on my nasal passages. I felt relief immediately!!!!
I have also heard about a product called "peace of mind" at a store called "Origins" in Macys. I am going to have my hubby swing by and pick it up. It's a cream you rub on your forehead. I guess it is just pure bliss to the expectant mama experiencing head aches.

Feel better!!!!!
January 2nd, 2012, 11:15 AM
Veteran
Love "Peace of Mind" from Origins! I have been using that wonder cream for 20 years!! Helped with some of my headaches during pregnancy, but the peppermint smell sometimes made me sick... go figure!

I am finally home from my midwestern holidays and very happy! It was a really hard week, lots of family drama with my in-laws. Fortunately, only some involved me directly, so I was able to duck around the rest. I hate to say it, but I am really glad I don't have to go back until after baby is born and even then, I might postpone for a while.

LAST NIGHT WAS AMAZING! It has been very hard for others to feel baby boy kick because apparently he is really low and back and my placenta is forward facing, but his kicks have been getting really strong lately. Last night, my DW was able to feel him kick and roll for the first time. You should have seen her face light up. It was the most amazing look. Still makes me tear up. Can't wait for the girls to feel their baby brother!

On other good news, made reservations for Disneyworld in 2012 this morning! It will be the girls first time. Baby boy will be too young to remember, but we wanted the girls to experience it younger (they will be 6 and 8) before we take everyone again when baby boy is older and girls are tweens!
January 2nd, 2012, 05:36 PM
Super Mommy
Melissa-I have not made any progress yet on the pictures or the book. I am back to work tomorrow and will have to make some time to get started on those! I have good intentions, just bad follow through. I might have to get the Netti Pot if things don't get better soon. The humidifier is helping some at night. I get stopped up and then there is the drainage and then I am clearing my throat til the cows come home! DH just looks at me like I am a little strange......can't help it, I say! I am beginning to think that my headaches are sinus related.....hmmmm.......

TwoMamas-Glad to hear that you are back home and away from the drama! DH and I have only been married for a short time, but I have thought that his family ALWAYS have some sort of drama going on. I find it down right ridiculous and try to ignore a lot of it. Plus, don't ask my opinion if you don't want to hear what I have to say. Ugh....drives me crazy. Disney World sounds amazing!!!!!! The girls will love it!!! We went as a family when I was in 5th grade and had a great time. It really is a special place.

We started telling people at work today. Most are surprised about me being pregnant and then to see the looks on their faces when they hear it is twins......it is priceless. Got lots of figuring out to do with my leave.......need to know all of my options in order to make a good decision. The lady I spoke to today was not much help. I plan to ask some other ladies, recent moms, and talk to a more definite person in charge as well. THEN.....I will be able to figure it all out. Eventually, I want to stay at home.....just need to work the best deal out for us. We go next Monday for another u/s. I am getting more and more excited about seeing them everyday!!! Plus, I am working on putting on more weight. More for me.....more for them!!!! Unfortunately.......I have been spending more and more time with my friend Mr. Toilet. I drink tons of water, but dang it goes right through me sometimes. At night almost as soon as I lay down get ready to sleep, I am up to pee. Wait about another 5-10 minutes, I am peeing again. For me, this has just kicked in in the past two weeks. I would like to design something in order to be able to sit on the toilet and sleep. I think I could make some good money with that!

TTC #1 since August 2009

DH=42.......SA's off the charts!!!
Me=33........unexplained
One year on our own=BFNs
Clomid+BDing (4 months)=BFNs
IUI #1 Feb. 2011=BFN
IUI #2 Apr. 2011=BFN
1st RE appt.=May 2011
1st IVF cycle June/July=delayed due to OHSS concern
10 Snowbabies!!!!!!!
1st FET Oct. 2011=BFP!!!!!!
Beta #1=1,398
Beta #2=8,032
Beta #3=14,955
11/10/11=1st u/s
WOW, two babies.........
January 2nd, 2012, 07:23 PM
I would totally buy a toilet seat bed LOL
January 3rd, 2012, 06:06 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Ha ha...DH would make so much fun of me when I was pregnant with Claire. I'd pee downstairs, and by the time we made it up the stairs and down the hall to the master, I'd have to pee again I would definitely invest in the toilet seat bed...especially if it was heated

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

January 3rd, 2012, 10:31 AM
Jenn in DC's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi ladies. I haven't been on here in a few days so am just catching up with everyone.

Melissa - I love the belly shots!!! You look great!

Twomamas - Sorry to hear about the drama but glad to hear you are back home now and all is good. That's so wonderful about your wife being able to feel the kicks. I can't wait until we can start to feel our little one move. Disneyworld sounds wonderful. I never went as a kid but always wanted to. DH took me to Disneyland for the first time a few years and I loved it! Will have to try Disneyworld once we have our own little one to take.

Angie - I'm glad you got to tell everyone and that it went well. Thanks for sharing the info about the genetic testing. I think that DH and I are leaning the same way. If the blood test and ultrasound screenings come back okay, then we might not pursue any other testing except for a test for spina bifida since DH had a sibling who was born with it and only lived a few hours. However, if there is any doubt on the initial tests, we'll have an amnio (it'll be too late for a CVS by that time).

AFM - I am starting to feel a bit better. My nauseau seems to be letting up slightly and I haven't had a headache in about 3 days (which is a record right at the moment). I got the test results back from the urinalysis. I have a Group B strep infection. From what I've read, it's pretty common - about 25% of pregnant women get it - and it poses no danger to me. But they will have to give me antibiotics during labor to make sure that baby doesn't get it. I guess there's no use in giving the antibiotics early because it can come back so for now, I do nothing. Which is fine because there are no symptoms associated with it.

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
Cycle #13 - 15= IUIs with Clomid & Gonal F - All BFNs
Cycle #16 -21 - Natural Cycles, started acupuncture and chinese herbs - BFN
Cycle #22 - IVF Clinical Trial. Cycle Cancelled.
Cycle #23 - Minimal Stimulation IVF #1 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen on Day 3.
Cycle #24 - Mini-IVF #2 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen as expanded blasts on Day 5.
Cycle #25 - Mini-IVF #3 - 4 eggs retrieved (two mature and 2 immature), one egg made it to blast and was frozen. Five snowbabies in all!! Hysteroscopy.
Cycle #26 Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP and then miscarriage
Cycle #27 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP!!
Due Date: July 20th
Aven Robert Born on August 4th
January 3rd, 2012, 01:42 PM
Jacquie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry I've been slow in getting over here! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and best wishes in 2012!!!

Melissa - I love the belly pics. I don't think it's weird at all, but I don't like to post pics on the internet, so you won't see any from me. I had those "vivid" dreams early on too and couldn't do anything about it...I hope you're off pelvic rest soon!

Angie - What a great way to tell your church congregation! I was looking after a little boy last week (friend of my daughter's) while his Mom delivered twins and whenever someone asked him where his Mommy was he said "She decided to have some babies today!" LOL

TwoMamas - Disneyworld!!!! I'm so jealous, you're going to have a wonderful time! We took my DD to Disneyland this past May for her 4th birthday and it was so much fun! How incredible that you got to share the baby's kicks last night!

Jenn - I have heard of the group B strep before, but wasn't sure how that all works. I'm glad it doesn't pose a risk and that they caught it early though! Awesome about the nausea letting up and the headaches going away.

AFM - My nausea seems to have gone, I've been nausea-free for a week now. I was having some nasty headaches on the weekend that only a cool cloth on the forehead seemed to help. My only real issues now seem to be that I'm still pretty exhausted most of the time and I sneeze in the mornings. I know that probably sounds silly, but for about 2 hours every morning, I sneeze repeatedly. It happened when I was pregnant with DD too, it's strange and annoying, but better than nausea. DH hired me a cleaning lady when we found out we were pregnant, and she has been off for the last 2 weeks...I really need for her to come back. LOL I try to do what I can, but this exhaustion is crazy.
TTC #1:
5/20/05:
5/27/05:
5/28/05: miscarriage
08/27/05:
08/30/05: miscarriage
01/15/05: misdiagnosed with PCOS
08/29/06: first appt at fertility clinic (was already pregnant with dd and didn't know it)
08/31/06:
05/16/07: DD was born

TTC #2:
11/13/09: let's try again!
03/10/10: tests with new OB - everything totally normal for DH and I, no indication of pcos; officially diagnosed with "Unexplained Infertility"
04/21/10 - 10/13/10: 7 unsuccessful rounds of clomid with OB
11/13/10 - 14/23/11: 3 unsuccessful IUI's with clomid at fertility clinic
07/27/11: ER for IVF - retrieved 27; 17 were mature enough to fertilize; all 17 fertilized; 11 made it to day 3 embryos; 6 made it to day 6 blasts. Transferred 1, froze 5.
08/08/11: positive hpt!
08/13/11 - 08/20/11: positive blood test (186), but cramping and bleeding. 2 days later, blood at 275; 2 days later, blood at 21. Inevitable miscarriage.
10/13/11: start suprefact for first FET
January 3rd, 2012, 04:34 PM
Babies measured almost 12 weeks today!!! A was a moving machine but B was sleeping this time <3

Both looked PERFECT The clot was still there but it was posing no risk. He didn't even measure it anymore. He said it would probably not even be noticeable at the next scan, but it might just come out at the delivery. But if he isn't worried, neither am I!!!

BEST PART?? NO MORE BED REST OR PELVIC REST!!!!! AMEN!!! WAHOOOOOO!
January 4th, 2012, 05:04 AM
Melissa - I am so happy to hear your good news!!! YAY!!!!

Jacquie - Glad to hear your nauseau is gone. I am also sneezing a lot in the mornings lately. I thought it was allergies or something but perhaps it's a pregnancy symptom. Odd...

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
Cycle #23 - Minimal Stimulation IVF #1 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen on Day 3.
Cycle #24 - Mini-IVF #2 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen as expanded blasts on Day 5.
Cycle #25 - Mini-IVF #3 - 4 eggs retrieved (two mature and 2 immature), one egg made it to blast and was frozen. Five snowbabies in all!! Hysteroscopy.
January 4th, 2012, 07:04 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Great news all around, Melissa! So happy for you!!

Melissa & DH

January 4th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Super Mommy
Yay!!!!! Melissa!!!! It is nice to hear that things are moving in the right direction. At our last u/s our boys were doing the same thing.......one sleeping away.......one moving all over the place!!!!

KMH & Melissa-I will start working on the prototype for this toilet seat bed!!!!!

Jenn-Glad to hear that your nausea is letting up. Interesting info about the urine test. It is good that it is treatable and no pain to you currently.

Jacquie-Glad to hear that your nausea is letting up as well. I, too, have had some bad headaches. One I had for almost an entire day and directly behind my eye......I have never had a migraine, but I think it might have been close to one.

I have not had the sneezing, but I am stuffy all the time! I announced on fb last night! It is funny how people say......I didn't even know you were expecting!! Really?!?! I just posted it....how would you know!

DH has dinner ready..... so I gotta run! Have a great evening ladies!

TTC #1 since August 2009

Me=33........unexplained
One year on our own=BFNs
IUI #1 Feb. 2011=BFN
IUI #2 Apr. 2011=BFN
1st RE appt.=May 2011
10 Snowbabies!!!!!!!
Beta #1=1,398
Beta #2=8,032
Beta #3=14,955
11/10/11=1st u/s
WOW, two babies.........
January 4th, 2012, 02:53 PM
I hear you guys about the sneezing too!!!

I am really hoping that the stopping the Progesterone will help take away some of these head aches, nausea, and sleepiness.

Have you guys experienced that? I am down to one Progesterone a day until I am out. He said I could be done now, but I figure I paid all that money for them, I might as well use them up. 7 more days of them...

Angie- It's cute to see how different they are huh??
I need to post pictures of their latest ultrasound <3

Are any of you starting any New Year resolutions?? My Sister in Law and I are reading through the Bible chronologically. I am also going to try to get a bit more organized. My house has been so disorganized because of the bed rest. I am looking forward to a deep clean
Hubby and I are definitely going to try to get away more, and spend more time together before the babies come
January 4th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Super Mommy
No resolutions for me this year. I usually have the same one every year.......to get in shape. I have failed miserably for many years......probably not the best time to start that one now.

I didn't have headaches too, too bad while I was using the progesterone gel, crinone. Although, I do agree with you that I would be using them up! Here lately (the past couple of weeks) my headaches have been worse. I am still trying to figure out why.......did I not eat something recently so is it low blood sugar, did I get too hot, is it b/c of a front (cold/hot) moving in bringing a change of weather.............I have yet to figure it out.

Makes me wonder if one of them is me and one of them is DH when they are so different in their actions!

TTC #1 since August 2009

Me=33........unexplained
One year on our own=BFNs
IUI #1 Feb. 2011=BFN
IUI #2 Apr. 2011=BFN
1st RE appt.=May 2011
10 Snowbabies!!!!!!!
Beta #1=1,398
Beta #2=8,032
Beta #3=14,955
11/10/11=1st u/s
WOW, two babies.........
January 5th, 2012, 05:11 AM
Angie -that's great that you officially outed yourself on facebook. I think I need to wait until Febraury. I am friends with work colleagues and my graduate school advisor on Facebook and I need to makes sure I tell my boss at work and my graduate school advisor in person before they hear it on FB and my grad school advisor is out of the country until Feb

I have also been having alot of headaches and stopping the progesterone doesn't seem to have helped. Based on the reccs on here I ordered some "Peace of Mind" from Origins. I'm hoping that helps a bit.

My nauseau is definitely getting better now - it's not gone completely but its so much better. Last night I actually made dinner and this morning I was able to get out of bed without eating crackers first. It's the first time I was able to do either of those things in 6 weeks. The timing is good too because DH just came down with a bad cold and really wasn't up for making us dinner last night.

As far as a New Year's resolution - this year DH and I both decided to try to be very careful about looking for and then changing any of our behaviors that we don't want to model for our child. It's kind of tricky to recognize some of our bad habits that we've probably had for a long time but we are trying to help one another with that. We'll see how it goes

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
January 5th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Working mommy
Hi Ladies!

So happy you started a DDC for yourselves. And so happy most you are getting over the nausea!

Melissa- congrats on getting off of bed/pelvic rest! Woohoo!

I wish all you ladies a relaxing and blissful 2nd "honeymoon" trimester! Bring on the bumps and kicks!

January 6th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Thanks everyone!!!

Katie L- speaking of "honeymoons"... Brian and I want to take a BABYMOON vacation. I really want to get away with him for 3 nights somewhere I have never been. I don't want to be away from Ronan longer than 3 nights, but what do you guys think??
I live in Oregon and want to go somewhere besides the Pacific Northwest. Any ideas??

OB appt yesterday went well. Cervix was nice and long she said, pap came back normal and uterus was measuring nice and big. Heard both heartbeats (after I told her where to find them hehe) I am a pro now because of our doppler at home. I am still anemic though so I need to get on my iron supplements more regularly...

I am finally begining to relax allow myself to believe that these babies are here to stay!!!! I was at the store today and I couldn't help but look in awe at the premie stuff. it is so tiny!!!!!

I am looking forward to welcoming more ladies soon!!!! I hope there are TONS of BFPS over in the Jan/Feb IVF'ers
January 10th, 2012, 06:13 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Melissa, just want to let you know that you and the babies are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope things improve soon!

Melissa & DH

January 10th, 2012, 02:28 PM
thank you

I am back to modified bed rest to make sure the bleeding I have been experiencing isn't from any fresh tears or anything.

It appears to be mostly yucky old blood, like the clot working its way out, which is what the ultrasound confirmed yesterday.
My RE was so nice and let me come in for a check up there even though I am almost in my second tri lol. He was so sweet.
The clot was actually smaller, and the babies had "nice big sacs" , perfect heart rates, and it was all around good!!!

There is just something TERRIFYING about seeing that blood!!!! UGH. It's mostly just spotting now, which is what he said I could expect, but that the babies are at no higher risk than any other non bleeding pregnancy at this point. YAY!

How is everyone else doing? It's a little slower over here lately since the FB page started, but I am loving BOTH!
January 12th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Veteran
Melissa - We babymooned in Vegas and I actually had a lot of fun! If I had my choice though, I would have gone to some swanky spa in AZ or to New York to see some stellar shows!
January 16th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Great ideas!!! Brian is going to surprise me, so I guess I don't get to have any say I cannot WAIT though!!! He just got another raise at work, so the blessing are just pouring right now!!

Here is my update:

I had my OB appt today! SECOND TRIMESTER FEELS SO GOOD!!!! Dr did an U/S to check the babies and the blood. Both babies looked fantastic I love watching them wiggle. Best part was that neither of us saw any evidence of the bleeding!!! The clot must be working it's way out, and even if it was there but hiding, it must be very small. And since the placenta's looked great he is not worried and says I am "out of the woods" YAY!!!!!!

How are all my other girls doing?????

KMH is flying out to have her transfer this week! I think there may be a few others that are getting ready too!
Praying we are overflowing with pregnant ladies soon!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search