Ivf / fet ddc

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 23rd, 2011, 03:48 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
Hey ladies!!
We can move our pregnancy related posts over here

Please feel free to include ultrasound pics, belly pics and any and all updates regarding you and baby or babies

Last edited by *Melissa*; December 30th, 2011 at 03:50 PM.
December 24th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Super Mommy
I am here with ya Melissa!!!!

In regards to what you asked before.......I have gotten just a little bit of energy back, 13 weeks for me will be Dec. 26th. I actually lost 1 lb. or 2 from 7 weeks to 11 weeks. I wasn't ever sick, but I was extremely nervous and anxious; however, I am working now to gain all of the weight I am going to need for these babies. My belly is starting to poke out a little, too. I am having difficulty buttoning my pants, so I got one of those bellabands. I wore it for the first time yesterday. My sister gave me some of her maternity clothes, so I need to go through them and see what will work, she is a little shorter than me, though. My next ultrasound appointment is Jan 9th. In the next week, I hope to get my full results from the CVS testing.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

TTC #1 since August 2009

DH=42.......SA's off the charts!!!
Me=33........unexplained
One year on our own=BFNs
Clomid+BDing (4 months)=BFNs
IUI #1 Feb. 2011=BFN
IUI #2 Apr. 2011=BFN
1st RE appt.=May 2011
1st IVF cycle June/July=delayed due to OHSS concern
10 Snowbabies!!!!!!!
1st FET Oct. 2011=BFP!!!!!!
Beta #1=1,398
Beta #2=8,032
Beta #3=14,955
11/10/11=1st u/s
WOW, two babies.........
December 24th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Veteran
Awe... the mamas of multiples!! I want pics!! I am so happy for you both given the initial scares you experienced! I really can't wait to hear about your family and friend's reactions at Christmas!

I just had may 24 week appt yesterday and I actually lost one pound this month. So I am still 2 pounds lighter than when I transfered the embryos!?! Its funny because when people see me, they tell me how great I look and that I have lost a lot of weight, then I touch my belly and they are just perplexed!

Doc says baby boy is doing fantastic! He sure does move a lot. Can't wait for your babies to to start fluttering like little butterflies!

Merry, Merry Christmas to you and your families!
December 24th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Super Mommy
Yay!!!! TwoMamas!!!!! I love hearing about your little boy!!! Sometimes I wonder if I am already feeling them move some, but I am really not sure. I have been doing a lot of reading about twins! My sister said she was glad I was getting so knowledgeable. I figure I need to be! I have started going through her clothes, which for some reason just has excited the heck out of me; however, I know I won't be able to fit into them near the end!!!! I am going to be huge......and I am completely fine with that b/c I want them both to be born with some weight on them! I want two chunky monkeys!!!!!!

I will see about posting some pics after the holidays......more to be taken and more to be shared!!!

TTC #1 since August 2009

Me=33........unexplained
One year on our own=BFNs
IUI #1 Feb. 2011=BFN
IUI #2 Apr. 2011=BFN
1st RE appt.=May 2011
10 Snowbabies!!!!!!!
Beta #1=1,398
Beta #2=8,032
Beta #3=14,955
11/10/11=1st u/s
WOW, two babies.........
December 24th, 2011, 11:12 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
I'm so excited for you ladies! please remember, if you'd rather post in complete privacy, we can create either a private forum for the DDC or you can post in the hideaway. If you don't have access to the hideaway, please feel free to PM me if you think you should and I will check and grant you access.

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

December 24th, 2011, 11:45 AM
I know some people think it's weird, but I totally want to do belly pics with the twins. I did them with Ronan and I LOVED seeing my tummy grow.
Since I have been on bedrest for quite some time I haven't taken any belly pics yet. I looked way too nasty to document as a keepsake LOL.

I guess I will start with a 10 week belly pic. Although I feel like I look like I did when I was 14 weeks with Ronan... Yikes. Although I am still pre preg weight!

I didn't get very good pics at my last u/s. She kept just trying to get pics of them side by side, which makes them still look like blobs lol. When she closed up it was so neat seeing their arms and legs, faces and such... I can't wait to see what they will look like in person.

I am glad to see you girls over here I can't imagine not keeping up with each and every one of you!!!
December 24th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Merry Christmas Ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope your day is full of blessings <3
December 27th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Can I please be done with pelvic rest???????

This is total TMI, but this pregnancy is giving me the most intense *ahem* dreams. I wake up and I am so startled I nearly have to take a cold shower to calm myself down LOL.

I am very.... frustrated!!! lol I hope I am taken off the pelvic rest SOOOOON!!!!!

Besides my ridiculous drama How was everyone's Christmas?? We had such a great day! Ronan got a Marble madness set from my parents. He played with it (DH engineered it lol) for a good 3 + hours!!!! We got him a shopping cart and play food. He has been having a blast with his new toys

Hope everyone is doing well!!!
December 28th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Jenn in DC's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi ladies! So glad to see you all over here. Wishing you all a belated merry christmas.

I just got back from a trip to Chicago late last night and then had my first OB appt at the midwifery this morning. They did another u/s and everything looked and sounded great. They did a urine test and said that there was a little bit of blood in my urine. They said it was nothing to worry about and maybe just a small urinary tract infection. They ordered further tests to find out. Even though they said it was nothing to worry about, it still makes me a bit nervous. Anyone have an experience like this before?

Tomorrow we go for an appointment with a genetic counselor. Since DH and I are both a bit older, we are trying to decide how much testing we should have done. It's a really hard decision...

I hope everyone is well and having a nice week.

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
Cycle #13 - 15= IUIs with Clomid & Gonal F - All BFNs
Cycle #16 -21 - Natural Cycles, started acupuncture and chinese herbs - BFN
Cycle #22 - IVF Clinical Trial. Cycle Cancelled.
Cycle #23 - Minimal Stimulation IVF #1 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen on Day 3.
Cycle #24 - Mini-IVF #2 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen as expanded blasts on Day 5.
Cycle #25 - Mini-IVF #3 - 4 eggs retrieved (two mature and 2 immature), one egg made it to blast and was frozen. Five snowbabies in all!! Hysteroscopy.
Cycle #26 Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP and then miscarriage
Cycle #27 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP!!
Due Date: July 20th
Aven Robert Born on August 4th
December 28th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Veteran
Melissa - I wasn't released from "pelvic rest" until 16 weeks!!! And now, I still get cramps most of the time when you really don't want cramps if you know what I mean!!

Jenn - genetic testing... DW was only 32 (her eggs) and the donor was in mid 20's so we opted for non-invasive testing only. Blood test in first and second trimesters and a genetic ultrasound. Would have gone amnio if anything came back alarming, but everything was perfectly normal. Our decision was little bit easier given we still have 16 snowbabies. Such a personal decision, especially for us IVF/FETers.

Christmas was wonderful. In Illinois right now with DW's family and not enjoying myself at all. Homesick and miss the girls who did not make the trip with us. Also off my sleeping/eating routine so I am super tired and barfing from all the food I am not used to eating. I'm actually feeling pretty depressed and lonely out here, so it is nice to check in with familiar faces!
December 29th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Twomamas - So sorry to hear that you are feeling depressed and lonely. That's not a fun way to spend the holidays. How much longer are you there for? I know what you mean about being off your routine. I got off my sleeping and eating routine when I went to Chicago and felt terrible for most of them time. I only left the house once in 4 days. I feel SO much better now that I am back in DC and back to my normal eating/sleeping schedule (even if that does mean I'm up at 5:30am every morning). I hope that you start to feel better soon.

With regards to the genetic testing - I think that we are also going to go a similar route. They will do the blood test for the first trimester screening today and the first u/s in a week or so. Unless the genetic counselor strongly encourages us to do something different, we will just wait on the results to see if there is anything that suggests further testing would be necessary. If not, we will probably skip the more invasive testing.

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
Cycle #23 - Minimal Stimulation IVF #1 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen on Day 3.
Cycle #24 - Mini-IVF #2 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen as expanded blasts on Day 5.
Cycle #25 - Mini-IVF #3 - 4 eggs retrieved (two mature and 2 immature), one egg made it to blast and was frozen. Five snowbabies in all!! Hysteroscopy.
December 29th, 2011, 10:19 AM
I'm sorry you are feel so lonely and depressed. That happens to me too sometimes when I have been away from home for too long. I can get really home sick

Jenn- I hope your appt goes smoothly and you learn that your sweet one is perfect and healthy.

AFM- I haven't even been in to see my OB yet! I postponed the 8 week appt because of the bed rest. It is such a long appt and I wasn't feeling up to it yet. I have my first OB appt on the 5th to do blood work and all that stuff. I will be just about 12 weeks at that one, so I won't be seen again until my 16th week. I just can't wait to schedule my gender scan!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now I am staying with my parents for a few days so I can continue to rest and they can watch Ronan. I miss my hubs though
December 29th, 2011, 10:33 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
*lurking* (and hoping to join in a month )

Jenn, I felt really awful when I was pregnant and went to see my doctor. There was blood in my urine, too, and I started freaking out. Turns out I had kidney stones, and they are pretty common during pregnancy. The baby can push on your kidneys and the "plumbing" down there and cause all sorts of problems. It wasn't a fun experience, but once I knew the source of the blood/pain, I was much less worried and scared. The nurse told me to drink lots of lemonade to help prevent more problems...great since I love lemonade!

I hope they figure it out for you!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

December 30th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Hi Melissa. Thanks for sharing your experience - kidney stones does not sound fun. I haven't received the results yet so still not sure what the cause is but hoping to hear something today.

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
December 30th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Veteran
I hope everything is okay Jenn - thinking of you ;o)
December 30th, 2011, 11:53 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Hope you are feeling better today, Jenn!

Melissa & DH

December 30th, 2011, 03:32 PM

Hope you're feeling better Jenn!!!
December 30th, 2011, 05:22 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
You look great, Melissa!! How are you feeling these days? Still nauseous, or is that part improving?

Melissa & DH

December 30th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Thanks Still nauseous. Probably because of the progesterone, or babies lol. really bad cold and head ache the last week. It's been a little horrid, but I love these babies so it's worth it <3
December 31st, 2011, 06:59 AM
Super Mommy
Melissa-Beautiful pics!!!!! I don't have any quite like that yet.....I need to get on the ball. My sister did buy me a Belly Book and I need to get working in it too. I, too, have had some pretty intense headaches and my nasal passages are very inflamed as well. I did get a humidifier last week and that helped soooooo much.....that is until we went to visit the in-laws.....ugh.....last night was our first night home and I can already tell a huge difference!

TwoMamas-I hope that you are home now with your family and enjoy a great New Years!

Jenn-I am a little behind from being out of town, but wanted to share with you what we have done in regards to genetic testing. When we went for our 11 weeks u/s, they were looking at the fluid behind the babies necks. We had decided that we were not going to have any invasive testing done unless something was wrong. Well, one of the babies had a lot of fluid and from what I saw and the demeanor of the doctor, I just knew that there was something really wrong with the one baby. So, we immediately decided to do CVS testing. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't a lot of fun either. We were able to get preliminary results within 48 hours and just this past week we got the full results. Both of those came back normal!!!! We were offered more testing with leftover samples and we decided since there was some leftover we wanted to know more; however, it is only on the baby that had the increased fluid. It does get quite expensive! I hope that this helps you some and I also hope that you don't have to go through what we did. It is a relief to know that everything is ok, but not fun to have to wait it out and of course, worry. Did you get your results back from the blood in the urine? Hope you are feeling better!

Melissa(KMH)-When is your big day again???? I might just lurk a bit over in the other forum!!! You will be joining us sooooonnn!!!!

AFM-We made our announcements this past week! At church DH stood up and said we were going to have "some" babies and the entire church said, some? some? and we held up two fingers for twins! Everyone was soooo excited! My extended family was over the moon as well as was DH's. Not sure how we are going to tell our friends at work. Some people I just don't care if they know or not, they are not my friends, so it is really none of their business. That is another reason why I have not posted anything on FB about it yet either.....got some defriending to do before I make that announcement. Maybe I am a little strange about that......oh well.
While I was with the in-laws my MIL and I went shopping. She was dying to buy me some maternity clothes, so I got two sweaters and a pair of pants that have some room to grow into. I also couldn't resist two little reindeer outfits, which were on sale, for next Christmas for my boys and some holiday socks! It is all starting to seem more real......and sometimes scary.

I hope you all have a very Happy New Year! We are staying in and resting! Back to work for us on Monday. ;(

TTC #1 since August 2009

Me=33........unexplained
One year on our own=BFNs
IUI #1 Feb. 2011=BFN
IUI #2 Apr. 2011=BFN
1st RE appt.=May 2011
10 Snowbabies!!!!!!!
Beta #1=1,398