We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Well, lets say it didn't quite go as planned. Apparently everyone just thinks we need to give it more time. It's been a freaking year and a half; not sure how much time they seem to think we should give it... I'm tired of sitting stagnant!! I think it has a lot to do with my age (26) but DH is a year old and I mean, it's not like we've just been trying a few months or so...
The RE said that the antibiotics DH got for the WBC in the SA usually take about 3 months to positively affect the sperm count so we are right at that point now. So he wants to do another SA to see if things are back to normal and he said an HSG would be a good step for me to take. He said it's a possibility that there is some scar tissue blocking the follicular tubes from the m/c... I am scheduled for my annual with my obgyn on monday so I will definitely get the SA done and maybe schedule an HSG. After those come back good to go he thinks I should go back on clomid for my LP defect. But he did nothing; no bloodwork or ultrasound to check my ovaries (which has NEVER been done, other than after the m/c to make sure everything is out); he just talked with us about results of previous tests.
I'm feeling pretty down; not sure what else I was expecting but it just didn't make me feel all that much like we are really moving forward.
Like I said before, I have no idea how all this IVF stuff works, but I would definitely be disappointed too if I'd been looking forward to answers and progress and got neither. I went through several docs who told me, "But you can get pregnant, you don't need treatment," before I found someone who would take me seriously and give me the care *I WANTED* instead of the care *THEY WANTED* to give (or withhold). Any chance you're planning on getting a second opinion? Or do you kind of agree that you might need more testing, etc., first, and are just disappointed in continuing to wait?
With us on earth for five short days, with us in our hearts forever.
(Thank you Natasha for this beautiful graphic of Andrew, and to the ladies of the Nov 10 PR who help me in carrying on his memory.)
Jan. 2009: Came off years of BCP and started TTC
March 2010: BFP -- finally!
Oct. 22, 2010: Drew is born, but has to stay in the NICU because of cord complications resulting in oxygen deprivation and brain problems =(
Oct. 27, 2010: I held him in my arms while Daddy, Grandma, Great-Uncle and I sang him to sleep =( Hardest thing I've ever done...
June 14, 2011: Drew's baby brother or sister waved hi to us with a BFP!
June 25, 2011: Natural miscarriage... Can we please catch a break here?
Nov. 2011: 100mg Clomid followed by 2mg Estrogen, Ovidrel trigger, and 200mg progesterone suppositories 2x/day 14 days. BFN.
Dec. 2011: 2nd medicated cycle. BFN.
Jan. 2012: Took a month off to breathe...
Feb. 2012: Same regimen of Clomid and other meds, add IUI. 2 eggs and 8.5 million swimmers. BFN.
March 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-11, follie scan CD 8 showed 6 follies likely to mature. Triggered, IUI on CD 14, 4 million swimmers. BFN.
April 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-10. Scan showed 2 mature follies, 2 almost certain to mature, and two not likely but possible. (All 6 evenly and perfectly spaced out between the left and the right.) Triggered, IUI CD 13 with 5 million swimmers. BFN.
May 2012: 75 IU Follistim starting CD 3. Waiting to O. Timed intercourse. Likely 5 follies to mature.
I'm sorry your appointment didn't go as well as you had hoped. I'd definitely not move on to clomid without HSG, bloodwork, ultrasound, and a repeat SA. If this RE doesn't seem like a good fit, don't hesitate to get a second opinion and find one that does. A good RE is worth their weight in gold, even platinum, lol.
Me: 27, PCOS, ENDO, RPL, severe vitamin D defficiency
Him: 36, severe MFI post VR but counts climbing
2006-2015 7+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.
Broken in heart, mind, and body. Saving for IVF in 2017.
Cycle 75- Clomid + hsg= waiting to O
last chance cycle. unless a miracle occurs, we will no longer be ttc.
No I won't go on clomid before the tests. He told me that too. I need to get a SA and a hsg and once those come back good to go, back on clomid I go.
Well I think the reason I was so frustrated is that it was basically just like my OB. They seem so passive about it. But I guess this RE believes that since DH had the high WBC, it disabled the sperm enough so that they couldn't fertilize my egg. Now that the WBC is down (hopefully) he said there shouldn't be an issue. He did say it takes 3 months from start to finish for sperm production so even though the infection is cured, he said the older sperm that are just now at the "end of the pipeline" (as he put it ) were still weakened by it. So after 3 months we should be dealing with fresh, healthy sperm. And we are now at the 3 month mark after the antibiotics....
So as of now, on monday I will ask my OB for the SA form and we will do that probably Tuesday and I will ask him about setting up the hsg.
Thanks so much for the support and your kind words!
I'm so sorry. In an already frustrating and heartbreaking situation, fleeting expectations can hurt so much more. Ditto what everyone else said about finding someone new. Give it some time to think over what they said -- and get the tests they suggested -- and if your gut still tells you that more needs to be done, go out and find a doc who will listen.
In the meantime, here's to healthy swimmers pushing out the last of the meek!
Nina - I wish he would have atleast given you an exam. He could be very right that 3 months after the antibiotics is what you need. Get your HSG done to clean out and make sure those tube are healthy. Give it a month or two after that cause you are suppose to be super fertile after a HSG AND with DH sperm being in good working order you may get your BFP!!! If you don't in a couple of months, you find a dr that will help you.
Clomidisn't the answer for everyone. My dr. told me being on Clomid more than 3 months for a women that already O's on her own isn't the best idea becuase some of the side effects. As you know it dries you up and you need that cm for the spermies. Try not to panic yet, get your hsg done and SA and go from there.
I understand so much how you feel. It never seems fast enough and you are sick and tired of waiting and it is super dissappointing to be so excited for a RE visit to have it feel like a waste of time. That super sucks! You have every right to feel the way you do right now.
Me (43) DH(33) 12 years together - ttc our first together-I have 14yr old DS
Cycles 1-6 = BFN
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13