I might be back :)

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2012, 07:39 AM
Veteran
Happy New Year!

It has been one year since I was here. I used to be on the boards all the time....mostly as a lurker, but sometimes posting in TTCMA. I stopped trying to get pregnant last year after I mentally couldn't take it anymore....I was driving myself crazy as my whole life was consumed with getting pregnant. However, the thoughts have been creeping back into my head recently that I need to try just one more time.

So starting tomorrow I am going to give it one last effort.....I am going to try the one thing that I think might work.....going on a diet. My goal is to lose 30 lbs, but I'd be really happy with 40.

So send some suggestions my way....I have NO will power at all.....have never stayed on a diet longer than 2 weeks. I need to do this and I need to stick with it. I have always had the suspicions in my mind that my weight could be the problem, but have always been to lazy to do anything about it.

After I start to lose the weight, I will also incorporate some of Brandi's baby making magic into my routing.....I used to drink the lemon water continuously and I plan to start that right away.

So good luck to all that are TTC and lets all make a baby in 2012!!

January 1st, 2012, 08:10 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
good luck with weight loss! I find making small changes gradually easiest. Switch out white grains for brown(Brown rice, wheat bread, wheat pasta), eat veggies first at your meals instead of last, walk around the block once a day and gradually increase, drink extra water each day, etc. I know how hard it is to lose weight, but I truly believe it can help(I've lost a bunch of weight over the last few years and had a lot of good results come from it).

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

January 1st, 2012, 09:01 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Welcome back! I hope your new plan helps make that BFP appear very soon

I have the opposite problem with weight (I know...I don't get much sympathy for that ), and for me it never works to make drastic, sudden changes. Jen had great ideas...make smaller changes and gradually build up to the diet/exercise routine that you need to acheive your goals.

Up in the Dec/Jan/Feb IVF/FET thread a couple of girls have been talking about the Bodybugg...they love it and might have some other ideas for you.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

January 1st, 2012, 01:15 PM
Luvgreen19's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Weight Watchers was a lifesaver for me. I lost 50 lbs with it. It helps you realize that you can eat those "naughty" foods but in PORTIONS and really forces you to incorporate healthier foods because they have less points then the naughty ones. It really gave me insight into my habits and the best part was that I didn't have to make drastic changes all at once. Baby steps are key! Good luck whatever you decide to do!
Round 2- 2013
Two failed Clomid cycles in May-June of 2013 followed by35 days of Follistim at gradually building levels + trigger+IUI= in August 2013!
It's a boy! DS#2 due April 28th, 2014!
Born via planned C-section April 22nd,2014 due to being breech

January 2nd, 2012, 06:53 AM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Brilliant advice already given. My only thought to add: I find when trying to switch my diet to a healthier one that making it a routine really helps. I schedule on a calendar specific meals/recipes and times when I prep snacks to bring with me for travel or work, based on what my week looks like. Since I love to cook I try to make it at least an adventure by looking up new recipes, trying to explore new cuisines and cultures.

Also on exercise, I am always amazed (and frequently forget) that starting with even a little bit, but done consistently, really does make a difference. And if you can build it into something more intense, even better.

I like the Whole Living Challenge, wholeliving.com, but I adjust it, using it as a guideline or picking points of inspiration. I also did the 21-day process in Dr. Woodson Merrill's The Source book. It isn't weight-loss per se, but healthier eating and lifestyle. Again, I wouldn't personally recommend following it to a T for what you want, but the general theory of learning to live healthier and the solid-food (bleh, the juicing part was miserable) recipes are quite good. And he goes through that process of gradually increasing physical activity.

Most of all, good on you for undertaking the challenge and the very best of luck!
January 2nd, 2012, 11:53 AM
Erin84's Avatar POAS Queen
Congratulations on your decision and welcome back! Other than the advice that's already been given, here's my $0.02:

It's easier to eat less than to exercise more. Try to manage portion sizes, but don't starve yourself! That's the fastest way to a heartbreaking binge. Don't deprive yourself of the things you enjoy, just enjoy them in moderation. The first 5 bites you take of those treats will be the best, so take five bites, then stop. Also find recipes that make eating healthy fun. I did a LOT of "chicken breast, two veggies, bread" for a long time and it was SO BORING. Spice it up and keep it fun

Also, what is Brandi's baby makin' magic? I may want to play along!

With us on earth for five short days, with us in our hearts forever.
(Thank you Natasha for this beautiful graphic of Andrew, and to the ladies of the Nov 10 PR who help me in carrying on his memory.)

Jan. 2009: Came off years of BCP and started TTC
March 2010: BFP -- finally!
Oct. 22, 2010: Drew is born, but has to stay in the NICU because of cord complications resulting in oxygen deprivation and brain problems =(
Oct. 27, 2010: I held him in my arms while Daddy, Grandma, Great-Uncle and I sang him to sleep =( Hardest thing I've ever done...
June 14, 2011: Drew's baby brother or sister waved hi to us with a BFP!
June 25, 2011: Natural miscarriage... Can we please catch a break here?
Nov. 2011: 100mg Clomid followed by 2mg Estrogen, Ovidrel trigger, and 200mg progesterone suppositories 2x/day 14 days. BFN.
Dec. 2011: 2nd medicated cycle. BFN.
Jan. 2012: Took a month off to breathe...
Feb. 2012: Same regimen of Clomid and other meds, add IUI. 2 eggs and 8.5 million swimmers. BFN.
March 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-11, follie scan CD 8 showed 6 follies likely to mature. Triggered, IUI on CD 14, 4 million swimmers. BFN.
April 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-10. Scan showed 2 mature follies, 2 almost certain to mature, and two not likely but possible. (All 6 evenly and perfectly spaced out between the left and the right.) Triggered, IUI CD 13 with 5 million swimmers. BFN.
May 2012: 75 IU Follistim starting CD 3. Waiting to O. Timed intercourse. Likely 5 follies to mature.

^^ Click graphic for chart ^^

January 2nd, 2012, 12:57 PM
Veteran
Thanks Girls!!

My biggest problem is I don't eat at a specific mealtime. We don't cook regularly because of our work schedules.....definately don't plan meals or even use recipes. I know my SIL plans her meals out weeks in advance using a calendar,and it works for them, but it's just not something I would stick to.

I think I will probably be more boring when it comes to meals and stick with easy stuff like chicken, veggies, etc. If I try to get to creative with my diet it will feel like work to me. LOL. My husband could eat chicken, veggies, and rice every day...in fact, that is usually what he eats, so I better get on the same page.

I definately need to increase my exercise. I'm thinking about doing couch to 5k. I've heard good things about it. I am always so tired, but I think it's because I tend to read or watch tv rather than get on the treadmill.

What else do you all do for exercize?

January 2nd, 2012, 01:22 PM
Erin84's Avatar POAS Queen
Couch to 5k is AMAZING. It will leave you panting after the first day, but it progresses at such a nice pace. If you have a smart phone or any kind of ipod-like-thing there are apps you can download for it, and then the program tells you when to walk, when to run, etc. I think iTunes has a bunch of free couch-to-5k podcasts.

With us on earth for five short days, with us in our hearts forever.
(Thank you Natasha for this beautiful graphic of Andrew, and to the ladies of the Nov 10 PR who help me in carrying on his memory.)

Jan. 2009: Came off years of BCP and started TTC
March 2010: BFP -- finally!
Oct. 22, 2010: Drew is born, but has to stay in the NICU because of cord complications resulting in oxygen deprivation and brain problems =(
Oct. 27, 2010: I held him in my arms while Daddy, Grandma, Great-Uncle and I sang him to sleep =( Hardest thing I've ever done...
June 14, 2011: Drew's baby brother or sister waved hi to us with a BFP!
June 25, 2011: Natural miscarriage... Can we please catch a break here?
Nov. 2011: 100mg Clomid followed by 2mg Estrogen, Ovidrel trigger, and 200mg progesterone suppositories 2x/day 14 days. BFN.
Dec. 2011: 2nd medicated cycle. BFN.
Jan. 2012: Took a month off to breathe...
Feb. 2012: Same regimen of Clomid and other meds, add IUI. 2 eggs and 8.5 million swimmers. BFN.
March 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-11, follie scan CD 8 showed 6 follies likely to mature. Triggered, IUI on CD 14, 4 million swimmers. BFN.
April 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-10. Scan showed 2 mature follies, 2 almost certain to mature, and two not likely but possible. (All 6 evenly and perfectly spaced out between the left and the right.) Triggered, IUI CD 13 with 5 million swimmers. BFN.
May 2012: 75 IU Follistim starting CD 3. Waiting to O. Timed intercourse. Likely 5 follies to mature.

^^ Click graphic for chart ^^

January 2nd, 2012, 03:06 PM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
I love Couch to 5K, I used it to train up for a half marathon last january. As soon as my foot heals, I will be back to it as well.

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

January 3rd, 2012, 05:12 AM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had friends who loved and had great success with couch to 5K. I just walk now for exercise -- but we live in hill country. And come deep-snow that turns into snowshoeing which is a killer workout. But I do 30 minutes everyday, no matter what and it's made a difference. (And now that our pond is frozen, I'm looking forward to regular skates too, but that's not exactly an option for everyone. )
January 3rd, 2012, 06:19 AM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
I did couch to 5k to summers ago. It really works. I even ran the 5k afterwards and was able to run the entire thing. I've never ran in my my life until then. It's worth trying and you really burn up those calories. I've never seen more changes in my body so fast than to run. I've done p90x twice and saw more changes with running then I did with P90x. I still hate running, but I love the fast results. After I run 3 miles in the morning, I am so less effected by junk food during the day. If I don't run - I eat junk food. UGH!

Welcome back and good luck to you.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
January 3rd, 2012, 06:29 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Erin, here is Brandi's baby-making magic thread:

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f7...g-recipes.html (Brandi's NATURAL Baby-Making Recipes!)

Everyone else has given great tips for everything...I ditto the gradual increase in exercise. It is hard to get started, but once I get into a routine, I actually look forward to it. I walk a LOT (can't run since my back surgery), and I really love the FIRM DVDs. It is amazing how much of a difference even 20 minutes of exercise a day will make...especially in your self-esteem!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search