Post-Clomid Messed Up Cycle

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2012, 05:00 AM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was on a clomid for two cycles -- the challenge test cycle and the IUI cycle. This first non-clomid cycle started off weird: one super heavy day, one light day and then nothing. (I usually have 2 heavy days and then trailing lighter days after that, usually up to 5-7 days.) And now, on CD20 I started spotting, CD21 my temperature dropped and it dropped again this morning with heavier spotting turning into the start of the next cycle. So I've gone from a 28-29 day cycle my whole life to a 21 day cycle this last month? What the hell?
January 7th, 2012, 06:57 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
Clomid can really mess with your cycles, unfortunately.

My Blog
Me: 27, PCOS, ENDO, RPL, severe vitamin D defficiency
Him: 36, severe MFI post VR but counts climbing

2006-2015 7+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body.
We are done actively TTC.
Moving forward with NTNP until we can do IVF in 2017

January 7th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Well, at least that makes me feel less like my reproductive system has decided to abruptly head south to a retirement community. Another score for the fabulous RE unit I found , thanks for warning me, Doc.
January 7th, 2012, 12:28 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Yep...after my last Clomid cycle we decided to take a couple of months off to ponder our next move, and I had a 15-day cycle. Clomid stays in your system and really mucks things up sometimes

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (5), Abigail (3) and George (3)

January 8th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Can I ask how many cycles before things settled back to normal? The one thing that I could at least count on before was being able to schedule around our peak fertility times (not have house guests, etc.). Now that's all up in the air too.

As much as this is an angering pain, it is a relief to hear from you guys that it's the Clomid and not the total failure of my body. Thank you for that. But it makes me want to do one of these detox diets every magazine is talking about (since it's January and what else does one do in January?) just to get this medicine out of my system faster.
January 8th, 2012, 07:29 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Unfortunately, I don't know about that one. We had decided to pursue IVF, so when I called my RE to tell him about my wacky post-Clomid cycle, he just put me on BCP to prep for the IVF cycle. Sorry I'm not much help with this part...I hope that your body regulates itself asap!!

Were you asking about Brandy's lemon-water detox earlier, or was that someone else? At any rate, here is a thread about that if you are interested. She and others who have had failed IUI, IVF, and/or Clomid cycles got their miracles using this! http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f7...g-recipes.html (Brandi's NATURAL Baby-Making Recipes!)

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (5), Abigail (3) and George (3)

January 8th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Yes, I had come across mention of her detox and was curious. I've been diligently taking my hot lemon water. I've actually really come to enjoy it. I'm hopeful that with the Chinese herbs, the lemon water and the acupuncture I can get back on schedule.

I've decided to keep my appointment with the new RE (same practice) so I'll be bringing up the messed up cycle question along with all my others. Going in strong, trying really hard to not come out angry and disappointed. (Low expectations are key.)

Thanks.
January 8th, 2012, 08:19 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
I'd say probably 1-2 cycles for everything to normalize again, but it really depends on the person.

My Blog
Me: 27, PCOS, ENDO, RPL, severe vitamin D defficiency
Him: 36, severe MFI post VR but counts climbing

2006-2015 7+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body.
We are done actively TTC.
Moving forward with NTNP until we can do IVF in 2017

January 8th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was on clomid for 3 cycles, then December was my month off. Yeah I've been spotting for about 2 weeks now. I just started Provera a few days ago though, so I'm hoping this turns into a full blown af so I can at least start my monitored clomid cycle. Worried the provera won't work though because of the spotting I've been having. **** bodies.

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

January 13th, 2012, 12:19 PM
I took Clomid for 3 cycles and decided to take a break in december and I bled for 33 days. My doc.
did not recomend Provera and I wish she did. Because now I am bleeding again ( after a 7 day break). I am supposed to start Clomid and Ovidrel the next cycle but I am not sure if this could be counted as a period or not? Any thoughts?
January 13th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Sorry, I'm absolutely lost and perplexed in this world of meds filtering through (and messing with) our bodies. But the other ladies may have much better ideas. (I depend on them.) Coming off clomid was not as dramatic for me. And since I don't have to worry about my next medicated cycle just yet (I'm going the acupuncture route for a few months at least) I am just trying to get back to normal and so am just doing some cleansing to hopefully push the time faster.
But good luck.
February 28th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Hi ladies. I googled "clomid messing up my cycle" and this board came up. I decided to join justmommies and share with you. I hope that's ok.

A little background. I have a 4.5 year old DD. I was due to have a son April of 2011 but I lost him at 7 months of pregnancy on Valentine's day last year. No reason...possible umbilical cord accident.

I started seeing a RE 3 mos after our loss. We started TTC again in June. after 7 mos of TTC on our own, I found out in January of this year that I have cervical stenosis; my cervix is the size of a pinhole...they can barely get a catheter in through it to my uterus. How I was ever able to get pregnant naturally, I don't know. So now I have to get IUI's, as I'm 36 and don't have a lot of time left to keep trying on my own.

So now I wanted to tell you what happened to me. I started clomid on 1/31, had 2 IUIs back to back on 2/9 & 2/10. I got my period on 2/25, VERY heavy. 2/26, VERY heavy. 2/27, went to my RE, but really no flow. Was told I had 2 HUGE cysts and need BC for a week to shrink them and I would have to go on injectables due to my lining of my uterus was not responding well (it was 5.1 - should be at the least an 11 or 12). Got to work, get a call from my doctor. DON'T take the pill! One of those cysts is an actual follicle that never released. You are about to ovulate again. I asked "what about my lining?" He said that the way my blood work looks, it will probably thicken up to where it could support a fertilized egg. I asked him what happened and he said sometimes, fertility drugs can interfere with your cycle.

So now, I have to take an OPK until it turns positive. When it does, I will go in for an IUI. I am 95% sure this won't work either, as this last IUI was my 2nd attempt. BUT my menstrual flow has completely stopped.

So for anyone that has their period again after a couple of weeks, it's very possible that this could've happened to you.

Good luck to you all. I hope you all get your BFP soon.
February 28th, 2012, 09:26 AM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
Yes it did change my cycles too - I don't know how long till it gets normal again cause then I went straight to injections. I am on natural cycles the last two cycles and totally messed up. 42 day cycle with 1.5 day period. I am cd10 now and have O pain - totally out of wack.

Good Luck.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569