? for those trying for #2 or more

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2012, 08:52 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
My FET is 8 days away, and this morning I had an epic emotional meltdown. DH made some comment about an egg carton, and I lost my marbles. It wasn't about the egg carton, of course...I let every pent-up ounce of stress and emotion about this FET all out at once, and it wasn't pretty

So my question for you ladies is this...do you ever have days when you want to quit and not try anymore? Do you ever feel like you are pushing your luck trying again, and it would be nicer to just avoid all that pain and angst and be happy with what you have?

I have been so positive about our FET, and I really feel good about it. I'm terrified, though, of it not working. I have seen BFNs since Claire, but they were on natural cycles, so I fully expected to see them every time. I was sad to not get pregnant, but the sadness was really short-lived and it wasn't too big of a deal. Now we are spending $5k+, I'm flying with a toddler across the country, we are using half of our snowbabies, lots of family/friends know that we're doing this...a BFN would be crushing. I'm so scared of all heck breaking loose if I get a BFN that a part of me (a small, irrational part) wants to just quit!

Of course I won't really quit, but sometimes it seems so much easier. The happiest day of my life will be when we make the decision to be done TTC forever. Knowing that I won't ever have to feel this stress/pressure/anxiety again will be such an amazing feeling...I feel like that might make me whole again.

Thanks for listening to this disjointed rambling if you have made it this far...I just needed to get some things out there. I swear I would have to be locked up in a mental ward if not for you ladies

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

January 12th, 2012, 09:41 AM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
Melissa - I am positive all your feelings are normal. I mean your FET is just 8 short days away. Of course you have some anxiety. You have many reasons to feel anxious. The travel with Clair, being without your DH, meeting those snow babies, the money and the possibility of it not working is enough stress to warrant ANY feelings you may have. Heck, I am surprised we are just getting this post from you. I would have posted it weeks ago if I was in your shoes. So you are doing just wonderful. You are doing great. It will be a nice trip for you and Clair and it will work! And you know what? If it doesn’t work, you will move to plan B. You’ve got this girl! Take it day by day and try not to think too far ahead of yourself because that is when it seems so overwhelming.
When you get your BFP you’ll remember why this is all worth it. If you get your BFN, you’ll know you tried to meet your snow babies, it just wasn’t time yet. Don’t feel selfish for trying again – you and your family deserve this. Just because you are trying to meet your snow babies doesn’t mean you aren’t grateful for what you have now and for your miracle Clair. Stop thinking that way. It is because you do appreciate it that you want to do it again!

I am sending you love, hugs and peace and friendship to fill your heart right now so you can feel better
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
January 12th, 2012, 09:59 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMH View Post
So my question for you ladies is this...do you ever have days when you want to quit and not try anymore? Do you ever feel like you are pushing your luck trying again, and it would be nicer to just avoid all that pain and angst and be happy with what you have?

Yes, and very much yes....I feel equal parts desperation & terror when it comes to TTC our 2nd. I so deeply feel that Savannah was not destined to be our only child (and I want very much to give her the experience of having a sibling) and yet after this 2nd loss, discovering that pregnancy for me will come with even more risk than I realized - beyond my age now i have to worry about the blood clotting disorder (which poses risks to both me and the unborn baby) - i'm terrified. Terrified of another loss, terrified of something unfortunate happening to me or to the baby. And then I feel guilty that maybe I should just be content that I have one perfect, beautiful, healthy daughter and that I'm doing nothing but tempting fate by even trying to have more than I already have.

So i guess that's a really long, dramatic way of saying you're not alone. I tell ladies in TTCAL all the time and I think it applies equally to everyone in TTCMA too, that I think one of the bravest things you can do is keep TTC in the face of loss & adversity. It's so hard, so stressful - the anxiety, the fear of disappointment...it's hard for anyone to even relate who hasn't experienced it first hand themselves.

after all you've been through you deserve an easy, successful FET, BFP and pregnancy...and i'm hoping so hard Melissa that this is exactly what happens for you!

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
January 12th, 2012, 12:23 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakr View Post
I am sending you love, hugs and peace and friendship to fill your heart right now so you can feel better
Thank you so much, Gretchen. You made me start bawling all over again

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-SBB View Post
Yes, and very much yes....I feel equal parts desperation & terror when it comes to TTC our 2nd.
Yes. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me...it makes me feel so much better to know I'm not the only one who feels this way sometimes. I love that on this board, I can feel "normal."

Poor DH tries so hard to understand, but I could tell this morning that he was completely baffled by my breakdown. Thank you both for your virtual hugs...it really, really helps.

Melissa & DH

January 12th, 2012, 12:27 PM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
That's what friends are for... to make you cry.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
January 12th, 2012, 01:36 PM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can only imagine what you're going through -- the torrent of emotions so close to such an exciting and nerve-racking day. And it's true even on the smaller scale that no matter how well intentioned, DHs do not have the physical link to so much of this that makes us want to pull our hair out at times. The best thing to do is to lay it all out for us. And back to you we send our best wishes and virtual hugs, and, most of all, our absolute understanding.
January 13th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Without going into my whole involved story, if the surgery/meds DH started last month don't work a miracle (the Dr gave them a 50% chance) then we are looking at IVF-ICSI in late summer. So I am mentally preparing myself already. And the thought terrifies me for the same reasons you mentioned. What if we spend $15K, get so emotionally invested in the process and it doesn't work?!? I can honestly say I will probably have a complete emotional breakdown. Is it worth the risk? Should I just be happy that I have Jack and let the dream of a second child go? I don't have any helpful advice, just wanted you to know you aren't alone in feeling that way

January 13th, 2012, 01:51 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Thank you, Ladies! I feel better since I was able to vent

Melissa & DH

January 14th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Melissa, I know how you feel. EXACTLY. If I even begun to tell you what I have been through JUST to be able to cycle into my FET your head would SPIN. Lets put it this way, there is a hole in my bedroom door.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
January 20th, 2012, 01:48 PM
wingqueen26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know this post is dated, and I'm just a lurkin' but I want o say that I have similar feelings TTC #2. We have a miracle baby. It is nothing short of that. We conceived naturally even though our RE told us we would likely never conceive (due to my high fsh) but we did conceive and now I want one more, so as soon as I stopped BF'ing in October and got my first cycle in November, we've been trying. So far. Nada. I am hopeful for this cycle.

thank u quantum leap for my siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search