Update on HSG

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2012, 09:43 AM
mojo-risin's Avatar Super Mommy
Okay, so the procedure itself. Not awful. The tenaculum (which I was most afraid of), was a piece of cake. I will say that the dye was uncomfortable at first, and then once the uterus filled more, it was EXTREMELY crampy. Felt like mild labor pains, but nothing unmanageable. However, she had to manipulate my uterus slightly due to a hazy area near the left wall of the uterus, to ensure that it was truly inside the uterus and not a piece of bowel that was obstructing the view. When she did this, I got really light headed, and it was painful. Then she had me roll from side to side to make sure. Of course, since I am bound and determined to experience every aspect of infertility, I had to go back to the office for an SHG (saline sonohysterogram). My poor uterus. I will say that the SHG was MUCH less uncomfortable than the HSG. I do indeed have a large polyp that will have to be removed prior to treatment. So that means a hysteroscopy this week or next. I swear. When it rains it pours!! It looks like there might have been several contributions to my losses. This polyp as well as chromosomal issues from my severe DOR.

I guess I am a little surprised that I had a polyp (especially one so large) after a D&C in December. It’s just discouraging. My RE did say that I should be able to start treatment on schedule still. And with a shiny, clean uterus, keeping my fingers crossed that we can catch one normal little eggy!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggie!!

Last edited by mojo-risin; January 16th, 2012 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Removed asterixes that mysteriously appeared in my posts... :)
January 16th, 2012, 03:57 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
I am so sorry about the polyp! But like you said, on the bright side your uterus will be spotless!! And hopefully that will bring you your rainbow baby.

I had my HSG as well and it wasn't painful; just uncomfortable. The dye going in was just plain weird feeling. Almost cold or something... But my tubes were open, so I guess that is good news!

January 16th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Man we have such a similar story- tell me if you pop up with a third Fallopian tube during your hyst! And no, I'm not kidding!

January 17th, 2012, 09:39 AM
ccartanddesign's Avatar With Faith
Lash - a third fallopian tube? Do you have a blog to write about all you've been through?

Mojo - I'm glad that test is over for you! I had a hysteroscopy too recently and its easy insofar as you are under general anesthesia. There is slight soreness after depending on what you have done while under. But its not too bad. Have someone drive you to this procedure.
Me-38 DH-38. TTC #1 since August 2009
2/2011 - IUI + Femara + HCG trigger and Progesterone injection BFN
3/2011 - IUI + Femara + HCG trigger and Progesterone injection
4/2011 - not doing IUI - DH out of town
5/2011 - IUI with Femara and HCG trigger. In hospital due to infection from IUI.
Took a break from all meds this summer.
9/2011: - Start with new RE - testing begins.
10/2011: - Hysteroscopy - determine tubes are blocked.
10/2011 : - Laparoscopy - clip blocked tubes, determine right ovary is adhered to pelvic wall, cut adhesions
11/24/2011: IVF cycle #1 begins. Start stims.
12/2/2011: End stims. HCG trigger.
12/4/2011: Egg Retrieval. 9 eggs, only 1 embryo.
12/7/2011: Transfer.
12/20/2011: IVF #1 failed.
1/16/2012: IVF #2 first scan
"Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible." Matt. 19:26

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search