Quick lil update - Updated in Post 1

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies!

So I went in for a follicle scan today (CD 10), and they found 2 follies on my right at 13 and 11, and one on my left at 13.5. Of course only the follies on my right matter since my left is blocked, but I'm excited there are 2 possibilities! Bad news was that my lining is only at a 3.9mm, so it's really thin. I called and asked my doc about it and she put me on Estrace. Any ladies here have any experience with Estrace? Is it safe for my follicles so they'll keep growing? Also the pharmacist said to my husband when he picked up the estrace "don't take this if you are trying to get pregnant." Is there anything I should worry about? I mean my doc prescribed it, so it should be safe, right? I dunno I calmed my husband down about it, but now I'm all paranoid lol. I'm gonna ues my googling methods to see, but any personal experiences would be much appreciated. Thanks ladies!

1/22/12 Update:
Ok so after being poked and prodded yet again this morning (I look like a drug addict with these track marks on my arm), I am FINALLY ready to trigger! I think anyways, still waiting on the doc to call me to confirm lol. I have 3 beautiful big follies on my good side - from what I could tell there was a 25, 22, and 19 (these numbers are subject to change). And my lining went from a 3.9mm last wednesday to a 10mm (or thereabouts) today! I'll have more solid numbers after I talk to the doc, but I am very excited to say the least. I am really trying to not get my hopes up, but I think this is our best chance yet and it's hard to keep em in check lol.

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!
Always Remembering Our Baby Angels - 4/2011 and 4/2012

Last edited by LilHerndon; January 22nd, 2012 at 10:35 AM.
January 18th, 2012, 05:55 PM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
Estrace is commonly used when trying to get pregnant, we have several of our IVF and FET ladies on it You are safe on it!

Sounds like those follies are starting to get nice and fat, hopefully your lining will catch up! When do you go in for more monitoring?

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

January 18th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am going in Friday morning for monitoring. I am very scared my lil follies will stop growing on the estrace! Ugh wish I would stop over-thinking things.

January 18th, 2012, 06:42 PM
mojo-risin's Avatar Super Mommy
Estrace is an estrogen supplement. That will make your lining nice and fluffy. Your growing follicles are already producing estrogen, so it is just a boost. My doctor prescribed it on days 8-12 with my last Clomid cycle, so right when my follicles would've been growing.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggie!!

January 18th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Whew ok thanks so much for the piece of mind ladies! I start it tonight so hoping my lining gets fluffy before CD16 when I usually o!

January 18th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Veteran
I have used estrace and it helps with the lining alot It is great to use and u will most likely stop it once you ovulate. GOOD LUCK!!!
January 19th, 2012, 06:02 AM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here's to your great little (I mean big and beautiful) follicles and a cushy plump womb in which they will nestle. Yay.
January 19th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I just finished taking Estrace to help my lining for my FET cycle...it is quite common. Your follies sound great...good luck!!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

January 19th, 2012, 08:17 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
good luck tomorrow! hopefully it's all great news on both the follie & lining front

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
January 20th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Veteran
I am going to start stimming for an FET upon the start of my next cycle and I am prescribed estrace. I called about the expiration dates, as I have had my meds for some time now, but things kept getting pushed back. I asked if it should be enough, or if I will need refills, etc.

The nurse said should a pregnancy test come back positive, then I will need a refill on both. After already reading this post, I asked her about the estrace and getting pregnany, etc. she stated that the estrace they call in is pretty much the same hormone your body is already producing and will be fine to continue to take, which is exactly what other ladies said in here.....

Good luck!!!!! ;o)
January 20th, 2012, 09:34 AM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Estrace is prescribed to make your lining thicker, they like to see a minimum of 6 (and actually want the lining at 8 or more to get pregnant) with doing an IUI, your pharmacist didnt know what they were talking about...one thing, I had bad lining with Clomid...but Follistim (injectable) and my lining was 14.3!

Great sizes on those follies though, that they are all around the same size means that they should all trigger, so you should have a good shot with two of them!
January 20th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Great to hear so much encouragement! So as an update, went back in today for another u/s and bloodwork. Right side follies are both up around 17ish (will have actual number after 2:30pm), and my left side follie is closer to 16, meaning it slowed down some, which is good. My lining (biggest concern) got up to around a 5 since wednesday with the estrace, which I think is a pretty decent increase, but I don't think it's good enough quite yet (want a 7 at least). I will be getting more direction shortly on when to trigger and go back in for another checkup, so I'll update again then.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search