Update on new RE

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2012, 06:25 AM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The new doc is great. He sat and talked with me for nearly an hour. (And at his hourly rate that was a co-pay well spent.) He acknowledged that different doctors do things differently, starting with the HSG, which he wants me to have. (Scheduled for next month. Yay. ) And he listened to me describe my experiences. In two years he's the first one to hear "my flow has changed" and then want to look into why. He also explained my blood test numbers further (good, but estrodial is a little higher on the range of normal) as well as the average changes in success rates with age. So I know we have a timeline, but the expiration date on my uterus is not next month. (Although we feel the next year is the time we'd like to decide in.) If we decide to return to IUI, he wants me to try letrisol instead of clomid. He was also somewhat concerned about that weird 23-day (week early) cycle I had last month. So he asked that I keep him updated if it happens again. Again, he listened to me, which was so nice.

Now DH and I will continue with timely BD while we debate IUI, IVF or ... well, the other alternative, but with so much more information, which is a comfort in itself.

But thanks your support in my pre-appointment nervous state. I walked in much more confident and at-ease thanks to it.
January 19th, 2012, 06:44 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
i'm glad the appt went well and you obviously have more confidence in this RE (i would too, he sounds awesome). I think it's great that he's taking a more proactive approach to looking into concerns you have about your cycle in particular...hopefully the end result will be a BFP for you soon!

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
January 19th, 2012, 07:15 AM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have to add that I just love your Oscar Wilde quote. Most excellent.
January 19th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh such good news! I was really hoping this new RE would be a ton better. Believe me, it makes the entire process SO much better when you have a doctor that knows their stuff and is willing to listen to you. He sounds great, now take a sigh of relief and get to that BFP.

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!
Always Remembering Our Baby Angels - 4/2011 and 4/2012
January 19th, 2012, 09:28 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
I'm glad it went well. We'll be cycling with letrozole when we cycle again as well.

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search