OMG Im so happy and giddy right now

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2012, 12:01 AM
shanise.robertson's Avatar IAmOneWithSupremeReality
Send a message via MSN to shanise.robertson Send a message via Yahoo to shanise.robertson Send a message via Skype™ to shanise.robertson
Ok so i was doing research about hospitals and clinics around me that does ivf and looking at prices we i found a place that does it for omg its just a great price and it just makes me feel good because i thought we were going to have to put it on hold but with theses prices we can get ivf an iui done here and i would mind at all and it def wont break my pockets. my insurance covers meds and u/s and b/w and everything else so this is amazing. here is the place

this is for the IVF: The most cost effective IVF program in Texas | Dallas

this is for iui: Non-IVF Cost | Dallas

They have great success rates and lots of testimonials on the site and im just happy lol does it sound like it lol. So basically we will be getting started next month or the beginning of March. I cant wait. And for out of town patients you can get all your test b/w and such done where u live and then have the ivf done there its great.

Thank you ~Nicole~ for my beautiful siggy
(IF YOU WANT TO SEE GOD LAUGH TELL HIM YOUR PLANS)Make a pregnancy ticker
January 27th, 2012, 03:26 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Well congrats! That is great news!!! I wish our IUI prices were even close to that. I don't get why North Carolina is so expensive!! It would be almost worth it to drive/fly somewhere where it's cheaper...
Keep us posted on the progress. So when are you looking at having the ivf process start??

January 27th, 2012, 05:55 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
yay and that's my clinic - although i didn't shop them for IVF or anything (so i had no clue what their fees were, but it's nice to hear they are reasonable too). I've liked both of the doctors i've seen there (Dr Le & Dr Escobar)...good luck to you!!

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
January 27th, 2012, 06:15 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
The price difference isn't really geographically driven...it just doesn't include a lot of things, like:

meds ($3-4k)
mock embryo transfer
ICSI ($1k)
LOTS of bloodwork
u/s before cycle
STD testing
sperm analysis
sperm sample freezing
injection/meds training

If you add it all up, it won't be much cheaper than anywhere else. It really, sucks, but IVF is just expensive no matter what!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

January 27th, 2012, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMH View Post
The price difference isn't really geographically driven...it just doesn't include a lot of things, like:

meds ($3-4k)
mock embryo transfer
ICSI ($1k)
LOTS of bloodwork
u/s before cycle
STD testing
sperm analysis
sperm sample freezing
injection/meds training

If you add it all up, it won't be much cheaper than anywhere else. It really, sucks, but IVF is just expensive no matter what!
It is crazy how expensive the meds are for IVF! Does insurance ever cover any of the med cost or is the $3-4K retail cost and all out of pocket? Do you have to do same type of meds for FET too?

Savannah Stylin!

January 27th, 2012, 06:24 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
My insurance (military Tricare) didn't cover any of it. Mine cost closer to $4k when all was said and done, and that was with the discount program offered for people who paid cash for meds...it is crazy.

Some insurances cover meds, some don't...just depends.

For FET, I have paid less than $250 for meds so far, and that is also the cash price. FET is much more gentle on the pocketbook

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

January 27th, 2012, 07:44 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
Just a heads up if you do go for IVF- remember, your costs will be greatly elevated because you are doing this times two- both of you will have to go through all the testing prior, both of you will have to sync up your cycles with meds, both of you will have to do some of the meds since you are planning on one of you doing the retrieval and the other being the carrier. Your insurance may have a clause about coverage as well, depending on what their specific infertility policy is.

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

January 27th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
Good luck hun! Hopefully you'll be able to afford whatever you need!
January 27th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Send a message via MSN to shanise.robertson Send a message via Yahoo to shanise.robertson Send a message via Skype™ to shanise.robertson
@L-SBB That go I will be with Dr. Le is he pretty good/

And I talked to the DR and he told me my price will be the same as if it was a Donor cycle and my partner is also going to donate her eggs to someone who needs them so she will be getting compensated for this 8,000 dollars and my insurance covers test bw meds and i think hers does too we will have to see but with her donating her eggs there is a program where if you donate your eggs not only are you compensated but your ivf cycle is cheaper half off i think or something hopefully everything goes right and we can start the process next month.

January 27th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay! Glad you found a great place! Good luck!

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

January 27th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanise.robertson View Post
@L-SBB That go I will be with Dr. Le is he pretty good/
Yep, i like Dr Le a lot - very knowledgable and takes time to talk with you & answer questions. Just be prepared that he splits time between the two offices (which is why I moonlight with Dr Escobar ) so if you only want to see him you may need to switch locations constantly depending on how your key cycle days fall.

Savannah Stylin!

January 27th, 2012, 11:10 PM
o ok i mean if i have to see someone else there sometimes it will be ok but since i am a out of town patient the only time i actually have to go there is for ivf and retrieval and one other thing cant think of it but all the rest of the monitoring is done here where i live

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search