How do you know when it's time

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Gwen
Hi Ladies,
My DH and I are on our ninth month TTC. My cycles are regular, I am at a normal weight, I eat healthfully, exercise, but I have extremely painful PMS and am under an extreme amount of stress at work.
My husband had an S/A done and it came out normal. I had a pap smear and brief exam last month and she said everything was fine.
My question is, do you think I should go in for testing? If so, what tests should I ask for? Do you think there might be something wrong with me? Should we wait until it's been a year of TTC to seek medical help?
(Am I overreacting? )
Thank you,
Gwen
July 12th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Katlynsmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Katlynsmommy Send a message via MSN to Katlynsmommy Send a message via Yahoo to Katlynsmommy
alot of dr's wont even look at ya till you are at least a year into it.so if u are concerned lie and tell them its been a year lol. good luck hon.dont worry to much especially if u are regular every mth.
July 12th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Gwen
Thanks!
July 12th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Christy94
Yeah, some doctor's won't look at you until it has been a year so I agree...... Just tell a little fib!!!! My husband and I have unexplained infertility. This is our 14th cycle TTC. Like you, I am very regular and ovulate like clock work. My husband's SA was normal and so was my HSG. So they will probably do an HSG and bloodwork first on you. Good luck to you. I know it is very frustrating. Especially when you feel like your body is doing everything right.
July 12th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Gwen
Thank you! I am thinking of talking to my doctor about it if this cycle doesn't work out. I'm not getting any younger, lol. Thanks again, I feel better.
July 12th, 2006, 11:38 PM
mrsracatoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsracatoe
Personally, I would go in and ask for tests. Like the other ladies said, fib a little and say its been a year. It won't hurt to get a head start on getting medical help with TTC. I honestly wished that I would have went sooner and maybe I would already be preggo. Please keep us updated on this. If you need to talk PM me anytime!! GOOD LUCK GIRL!!

July 13th, 2006, 04:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Just like the other girls said, most doctors won't look at you until you have been TTC for a year. Mine won't and since I told her last time I was in for a check up Ir how long we had been TTC I was supposed to wait. After several more months of us not getting pregnant DH went to a urologist and had a S/A done. Now, he has three and the conclusion: very low count among other things. So, now we have to wait for his doctor to get back on MOnday to take the first step. I am glad that we started looking into this before our year was up because we do have infertility problems. Follow your instincts they are usually right.

July 13th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Gwen
Thank you, I called my gyno this morning and scheduled an appointment for August after DH and I return from St. Lucia. I feel relieved that she's going to help me. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks again for your posts!
July 13th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Christy94
Good luck! Have fun in St. Lucia~ I am SO jealous!!!!!
July 13th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Gwen
Thank you. I can't wait. It's actually our very belated honeymoon. After our wedding, we bought a house and couldn't afford a honeymoon at the time as well. So, finally, time for the honeymoon! Maybe we'll come back with a little baby Lucia, ha ha!
July 14th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Running Queen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been TTC for 14 months (actually got pregnant last August and m/c in October). I am also VERY regular and healthy. I asked my dr. if she would check my progesterone levels and she did and guess what....THEY WERE LOW! Not too low because I still ovulate but I guess when I do O it isn't very "good". So she put me on Clomid this month.

Good luck! I think you'll feel a lot better about things when you can start testing and it will help put your mind to rest. Heck, you'll probably get pregnant on our honeymoon trip!

Jen

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search