New to this board, introduction and a question

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2012, 07:21 AM
amandakay29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi. My name is Amanda. I'm 34 and DH is 37. I do have 2 sweet kiddos Wyatt 3 1/2 years old and Natalie 2 years old. We have been TTC #3 for almost a year and half. We have had 3 miscarriages in the process. (A total of 4 since my first pregnancy) One at 8 weeks, 11 weeks, and then a 5 1/2 weeks. My OB finally thought it was time to see an RE after her intial tests showed no problems. My RE ran a battery of test and found a slightly elevated Prolactin level (28 vs. 18), low progesterone (5.5 on day 21) and I have a double mutation on my MTHFR gene (both C677 and A1298c). After all the testing I have a probable dx of PCOS. (I have my periods every month but they range from 17-26 days long) And of course the clotting issue *possibly* not a proven thing apparently??

They finally gave us the go ahead in January to TTC. We had never had a problem TTC before. Always pregnant within 1 or 2 cycles. Just couldn't carry them. But alas we have an issue now even TTC. We are on Cycle 4. They decided this cycle to put me on Clomid 50 mg days 3-7 with a Trigger of Ovidrel.

So here comes my long awaited question I know you all are on pins and needles right? I went in Saturday to have my scan. The ultrasound tech gave me a picture of my follicles. On the ultrasound it states I have on my Right Ovary- 24 x 16, 19 x 16, 15 x 9, 13, and 11. And on the left I have 13 x 5. The nurse talked to me after and said that I wasn't ready to trigger. That they liked to see the follicles at least 19mm. And that I only had a 20mm and a 17mm. She stated to trigger the following day at around the same time and that I should have 2 mature follicles then. I hadn't looked at the scan until yesterday and saw the numbers that the ultrasound stated the follicles were. Is there some sort of conversion I'm not understanding? I know 100% she said I had a 20 mm and a 17 mm follicle but I don't see those numbers on the ultrasound. Now I'm concerned we might have missed the 24mm that it will be too big waiting a day. I'm scared to call the office because I don't want to sound stupid by asking if there is something I'm missing. So hopefully you guys might have an answer for me??

Thank you in advance. Can't wait to get to know you all!
April 9th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I... have no clue? I'm sure somebody else can explain it, though.

April 9th, 2012, 10:24 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Welcome! I'm glad you found this board...the ladies here are fantastic

My RE always took an average of the two dimensions of the follie, so the 24x16 is what they are calling the 20mm follie. Does that make sense?

I hope that this cycle works for you!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (5), Abigail (3) and George (3)

April 9th, 2012, 11:38 AM
OMG! Thank you. That makes total sense. I was seriously wondering if I had lost my mind or if the nurse had

KMH-congrats on your pregnancy! My mama is a twin. My grandmother has some great stories about them growing up.
April 9th, 2012, 02:32 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
AMANDA! I'm thrilled to see you in here (not so thrilled you have to do TTCMA, but we both know why we are...) and good luck this cycle!! I hope you get a truly sticky BFP w/the Clomid & Ovidrel regimen! What is your RE doing with the gene mutation...are you doing baby aspirin? when will they put you on blood thinners?

I'm finally back TTCing again this cycle too (i'm on CD2, so way behind you ) and on basically an identical regimen with exception that my RE has me do the Clomid on CD5-9.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
April 9th, 2012, 03:05 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandakay29 View Post
KMH-congrats on your pregnancy! My mama is a twin. My grandmother has some great stories about them growing up.
Thanks...it will definitely be an adventure

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (5), Abigail (3) and George (3)

April 10th, 2012, 05:59 AM
Lara!! Yay! The gene mutation...we haven't really discussed in detail what exactly when they will start Lovenox when I'm pregnant. I have to take Folgard (folic acid and b6/b12) everyday for the rest of my life. Then he has me take baby aspirin 4 dpo. Supposedly, I will start Lovenox injections once pregnancy is confirmed. But I'm not clear if it is when I call and say hey I'm pregnant or if it will be after beta's.

I'm so glad you are trying again! I felt kind of alone not having you or Sam trying
April 10th, 2012, 06:51 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Stalking you Amanda! (plus I still lurk here)

My RE also used the average of the two measurements. This cycle sounds super promising!! ALL crossables are crossed for you!

April 10th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Sam you are so close to meeting your little girl!! CJ is going to love her. I can't wait to see pics! As for my cycle...I hope...I'm getting a bit impatient with the whole process. And I'm seriously out of my realm of info when it comes to all the meds and such. The nurse gave me the ovidrel and didn't tell me that it would cause BFP's for a while. I just happened to read about it.
April 10th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Kholmes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Amanda! I really hope this cycle works for you and you get your BFP!!! =)
If by chance you have to try again, I would suggest doing OPKS at home before you are "told" to trigger. I had conceived my first two without clomid or trigger, ovulated naturally (but late - CD 18+). My new RE put me on clomid and trigger, but after my scan on March 30th, told me to trigger on April 1st. My follie was 20 as well. Well, I OPK'd when I got home Friday night, Sat morning and Sat night. It ended up being positive Sat night so I called the on-call RE and he told me to trigger immediately and then moved up my IUI date. So.............long story short, if you're afraid of missing your natural surge, OPK

April 10th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Thanks! I was using OPK's and didn't have a surge prior to the trigger. About 6 hours after the trigger I took one and it was positive. (which I'm guessing the Ovidrel caused) I asked her if I should wait for a positive OPK and she told me no very sternly. And said to trigger the next day. I'm guessing she didn't want any of the other follicles to get mature as well?? Who knows. This whole RE thing is so frustrating.
April 10th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Kholmes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hear ya sister! I like to be in control (as most of us women do and the RE assumes that! Boo. Well, hope you get your BFP! I'm pretty darn sure you will since you conceived so easily with the first two. I was the same...1st IUI with my first son and 2nd IUI with my second. I didn't have all of these steps with them. This RE wouldn't do any IUIs without the clomid & trigger. What a douche. Whatever, but if I have multiples, he's getting a bill!!!! LOL.

Can't wait to see your BFP!!

Last edited by Kholmes; April 10th, 2012 at 01:58 PM.
April 10th, 2012, 02:32 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Amanda- I tested all my triggers out. It usually took around 7-9 days for it to go negative. Once it does you can start analyzing tests. But then again I'm a POAS addict.

And yep baby girl will be here soon! My second RE miracle!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search