Possible chemical think I'm out

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Kholmes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I tested with a digi this morning because I was over line eye LOL. It was negative. I am really feeling like I had a chemical preg because yesterday I felt my symptom going away even though I had a decent BPF. I probably should have used a line test this morning to see if any line showed up but knowing me the line would be pretty dark at 13 dpiui not a squinter if it was a true BFP. The line with both boys was decently dark at 10 dpiui so I think I'm out.

My wife and I said this try for #3 would be a one hit wonder but now I'm having mixed feelings. Do we try again? If so can I talk my doctor into doing it my way this time? ie no clomid or trigger just good old fashioned OPKs and then come in the next day for the iui. Skip the millions of ultrasounds and drugs? That's how the first two miracles happened. Plus they did the IUI 36 hours after my +OPK which with both boys it was 24 hours (different doctor). I think the egg tried to implant in my uterus minus the fertilization =(

Opinions?

ps my comma button is broken sorry for the rambling sentences...

Update with pic from tonight...that darn light line is still there! I'm convinced it's trigger as by 13 dpiui at night it should be darker blah blah blah

Last edited by Kholmes; April 15th, 2012 at 08:45 PM.
April 15th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry. I had a single day of faint BFPs myself yesterday and that by itself sucks, all that you've gone through is so much worse.

I think when they do the IUI in relation to the trigger depends on how much they dose you with and when they expect you to O, but I'm not sure.

April 15th, 2012, 08:40 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I'm so sorry this is happening to you

Only you and your partner can decide if trying again is for you or not, and you don't have to decide right away. If you do try again, I'd give it a whirl with the natural process that worked for you in the past...some people just don't do well with all the drugs and stress of a more aggressive approach.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (5), Abigail (3) and George (3)

April 15th, 2012, 10:12 AM
amandakay29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does your RE's office do a beta? And as for trying again...I go through waves of I'm done and I'm not done every other day. It's such a stressful process. I hope you and your partner can come to a decision that is good for your family.
April 15th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Thanks ladies for your nice comments. I will get more line FRERS today because until AF shows I'll continue my POAS addiction The digi was generic so I'm still hopeful but trying to be realistic
My wife and I said we'll decide if we want to try again on our anniversary, July 3rd Nice to look forward to!!!

ps I'll post when I have closure, ie AF shows

pps Can't wait to see all your BFPs!!!!!!

April 15th, 2012, 01:15 PM
GloryBox707's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to GloryBox707
You're not out until the witch shows!!!

April 15th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Bump
Added a photo

April 16th, 2012, 02:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I definitely see a line and at 13dpiui that's not trigger. You should request a set of betas.

April 16th, 2012, 05:34 AM
Ok thanks MamaAnna. I think I'm just afraid....what if I just wait until 20 days like the instructions on the trigger say?

April 16th, 2012, 08:06 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I'm also pretty hesitant to believe that it is a trigger...I'd ask for betas so you can have some answers! Fingers crossed for you!!

Melissa & DH

April 16th, 2012, 08:32 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
I'm hesitant to believe it is trigger too, I'd ask for betas at this point as well.

My Blog
Me: 27, PCOS, ENDO, RPL, severe vitamin D defficiency
Him: 36, severe MFI post VR but counts climbing

2006-2015 7+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

IVF referral in= 7/2017
RE Appt #1- 8/22/2017- doctor swears I don't have PCOS or RPL, go VEGAN to cure all
RE Appt #2- 8/24/2017- sono shows clear cysts, high afc, all bloodwork comes back PCOS typical

PAUSED UNTIL JANUARY 2018 to find a new IVF clinic

April 16th, 2012, 08:49 AM
GloryBox707's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to GloryBox707
I agree, the trigger should be gone by now!

April 16th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Just FYI, my trigger dates and quantities:

3/31 - 5000 trigger
4/3 - 2500 booster

They say it leaves at approx. 1000 per day, so by my estimates, all of it would be gone by last Monday 4/9? So my gut is telling me I was prego and now it's just not stickin'. The line is sooooooooooo darn light ladies! Okay, I'm holding it now and if my afternoon FRER has ANY line, I'll call my RE for a beta. If it's negative, I'm holding out for the mother of all AFs ;P I'm CD 32 right now so it should show any minute unless this whole experience prolongs its arrival

Thanks for going through this with me ladies, I really appreciate it!

April 16th, 2012, 09:13 AM
I unfortunately can't see a line but it's because my screen has finger prints right where the line should be and I can't fine the cleaner. DH likes to hide things But if the other ladies see it I believe that it's there!

They want you to wait 20 days from trigger for HPT or betas?? That is crazy long. I would go insane I'll be checking back in for new test pictures and hopefully I'll find the cleaner by then
April 17th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Just checking on you. I see the line now that my screen is clean
April 17th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Thanks Amanda! I am just letting this one go. I really think I had a chemical... boo. My tests got lighter then darker on 12dpiui, as of 13 dpiui practically gone (as you see in the test above). I've stopped testing...just going to sit back and wait for AF now. And, of course, drink some wine

My wife and I decided to wait until our anniversary, which is July 3rd, to discuss trying again. We are so happy and blessed with the boys we have, we are trying to assess the situation objectively. You know all the questions you ask yourself are surfacing...why do we want another baby? if we didn't have another, financially we could do more. is it just that our babies aren't 'babies' anymore? are we just wanting to try for a girl?

Any of you ladies with multiples ask yourself these questions while ttc?

April 18th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Multiples or multiple kids I don't feel like my family is complete. I have a boy and a girl. I ask myself all the time is it really worth the heartache that I seem to have. Miscarriage after miscarriage now it's cycle after cycle BFN. I think we are trying until June and then stopping for awhile. I wish somebody from the future would come and tell me yes keep trying you'll have another or no just stop and find something else to obsess about
April 18th, 2012, 11:31 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kholmes View Post
Any of you ladies with multiples ask yourself these questions while ttc?
All the time! I wrote several posts about it before we did this FET cycle. We knew we wanted Claire to be a big sister, but the physical, emotional, and financial stress of fertility treatments really takes a toll. Sometimes I wondered if we should just be happy with a healthy child and move on. It is so hard to know what the "right" thing to do is sometimes.

It's just insane how much MA changes things. My sister and I were chatting the other day; she has a boy and a girl with her DH. They are thinking about a third, but they aren't sure. She can get pregnant just by holding her DH's hand, hasn't had any losses, no drama during pregnancy, etc. It seems like the decision would be so much easier for them...do you want another child, or not? For those of us that have MA issues, we have to worry about the finances of it all. We have to worry about our bodies being able to handle the meds and stress. We have to take time off of work for appointments. We have to think about how the stress will affect our current children, our marriage, and our own mental health. It's a LOT to deal with!

I think you're smart to take a break and think about things before you jump into another cycle...hopefully the extra time will give you clarity about the "next step."

Melissa & DH

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search