IVF Consult. What to expect?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2012, 05:50 AM
mcmarlena's Avatar Pregnant Again!!
Many of you might remember me, my husband and I have been TTC since July of 09. We did several IUI's and none of them worked due to low sperm counts. Our last IUI was back in September of last year and since then we've taken a break and have been really focusing on IVF. Our RE has told us many times that IVF with ICSI is our best option. I called last week to schedule our official IVF consult to get things started.

What should I expect at the meeting, and are there any questions or specific things we should address and ask. We already have been quoted a price, we know it's a severe MFI issue, and at (almost 33) my FSH has been a 10.1 at it's highest.

Any insight is helpful. After all of this time, finally getting things started has me very excited. I'm ready for a happy ending to a cycle.

Team BLUE!! Two precious boys born on October 28th, 2013.
Liam - 6lbs 7oz
Micah - 6lbs 10oz

April 17th, 2012, 06:35 AM
amandakay29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have never done IVF. I just wanted to say good luck at your appointment. Hopefully somebody will chime in with answers!
April 17th, 2012, 07:27 AM
MandyEllen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At my IVF consult, the RE just went over with us what IVF really is, some statistics, and why she thought it was our best option. Our RE is really compassionate & you can tell she wants to do everything she can to give us a baby. We had to take a class on the different medications that IVF involves. It was a pretty easy meeting since we already had decided we'd do IVF if that's what it would take.

Mom of DD age 3
Due 2/1/18 with Baby #2

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search