What Woud You Do?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2012, 06:42 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
Okay, need some basic input here.

We've got a major move potentially coming up. I say potential, because the Army likes to change things as often as possible, even though right now they say we have to move. There is a 3 week window in which we will be moving. When I say major, I'm talking in thousands of miles.

Which would you do?

Option A: Go back to the RE and cycle so that IF you get pregnant and stay pregnant, you can get it done before you move. How far along maximum would you want to be, how far along minimum would you want to be?

Option B: Go back to the RE to get baseline testing done since it has been over a year since the last baseline, and then wait until you get to the new location to start cycling. Start researching RE's in the new location and find one that can get you cycling as soon as you are settled in to the new location.

Option C: You have a different idea than the ones presented above.

My Blog
Me: 27, PCOS, ENDO, RPL, severe vitamin D defficiency
Him: 36, severe MFI post VR but counts climbing

2006-2015 7+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

IVF referral in= 7/2017
RE Appt #1- 8/22/2017- doctor swears I don't have PCOS or RPL, go VEGAN to cure all
RE Appt #2- 8/24/2017- sono shows clear cysts, high afc, all bloodwork comes back PCOS typical

PAUSED UNTIL JANUARY 2018 to find a new IVF clinic

April 20th, 2012, 06:51 AM
adnelg775's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OPTION B....I would do a cycle after the move... the stress of moving would not be good in the 1st Trimester, if you can avoid it. Good Luck whatever you choose!

April 20th, 2012, 08:08 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
hmm keeping in mind i know nothing about IVF, so am completely unqualified to offer an intelligent opinion

I think choice between A & B would depend for me on where you're moving to...if the country you'll land in will have good medical care and doctors who speak english B seems like good plan....but if not, i'd probably go with A. If all of your care will be through military, maybe this doesn't matter? but I still might lean toward working with RE you know & trust now versus the unknown...

Good luck Jen, your move sounds exciting!

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
April 20th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would go with Option B

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
April 20th, 2012, 10:17 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
If you like your current RE then I would go with option A.... but that is just me. I would rather be with someone I'm comfortable with than switching right after a move and you might have a not so nice doctor.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Expecting my baby boy May 9th
Emergency cerclage put in 12/24

April 20th, 2012, 10:54 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by adnelg775 View Post
OPTION B....I would do a cycle after the move... the stress of moving would not be good in the 1st Trimester, if you can avoid it. Good Luck whatever you choose!
I agree! Good luck and keep us posted!!
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
IVF#3/FET#2 (November 2014) Transferred two perfect blasts- First BFP Ever.

BABY BOY- JULY 2015 @ 34 weeks 6 days

Our family is now complete. The End.

April 20th, 2012, 04:56 PM
swtneka's Avatar Praying for a miracle
Option b but I would start researching now

April 20th, 2012, 05:44 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
If you remember, we originally planned to do our FET before our move (we moved about 1500 miles and knew about the move almost a year in advance). We were planning to do the FET in July and move in late August.

I thank my lucky stars every single day we postponed the FET. Granted we still went back to our old RE so we didn't have to change primary REs, but the stress of moving is pretty insane. Not only are you stuck in a car forever driving, but you have to do some packing and unpacking/organizing/etc., your diet stinks because you are living on the road or out of boxes, and you don't have most of your comfort items.

Plus, if there are any bumps in early pregnancy (bleeding/spotting, funky betas, questionable ultrasound, etc.) you probably don't want to have to deal with movers while you are wondering if your baby will make it or not.

You might be better at dealing with this stuff than me, but for me, moving in the first trimester would have been a disaster. If you can work it so that you're in the 2nd trimester when you move, then I'd do a cycle before you leave.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (5), Abigail (3) and George (3)

April 20th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Super Mommy
I would wait until after the stress of relocating to start a cycle. The cycles can be stressful enough. Plus, you probably wouldn't want to be lifting heavy boxes when you are pregnant.

3 failed fresh IVFs, 1 failed FET
Surprise BFP in 12/10 after acupuncture & herbs!!
1 beautiful, perfect daughterl!

April 20th, 2012, 09:34 PM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
Thanks for your input ladies. Right now, we are just doing iui's and will wait a bit longer before ivf. This stuff is stressing me more than moving, I don't have to pack or anything do that makes moving easy. I think we may cycle, contingent on making sure I am out of the first trimester when we move.

My Blog
Me: 27, PCOS, ENDO, RPL, severe vitamin D defficiency
Him: 36, severe MFI post VR but counts climbing

2006-2015 7+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

IVF referral in= 7/2017
RE Appt #1- 8/22/2017- doctor swears I don't have PCOS or RPL, go VEGAN to cure all
RE Appt #2- 8/24/2017- sono shows clear cysts, high afc, all bloodwork comes back PCOS typical

PAUSED UNTIL JANUARY 2018 to find a new IVF clinic

April 23rd, 2012, 02:37 PM
Veteran
I would say go for it. You have a relationship with your RE already and moving could take alot of time before Tricare approves a new RE. The new RE may want to start where you started with your old RE and not start where you left OFF with your old RE. I hope this is not confusing lol

What ever you chose I hope you get your BFP!
Medicated Cycle #1: March 2012
Medicated Cycle #2: April 2012
CD 5-9: 100 mg Clomid
CD 24: + HPT
CD 28: Beta Test

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search