iui # 5 and need help!!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Veteran
Im going on iui # 5. Its not working. I need help on timing with opk or advice to get this to work !!!!
May 5th, 2012, 07:06 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
Is your doctor doing any kind of monitoring? Are you using OPK's? Are you charting? Can you give me more info so we can help give you the right advice?

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

May 5th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Veteran
Im doing natural cycles with opks only. After 6 failed tries my insurance kicks in to pay for monitoring. My ultrasounds are 615$ each so i just cant swing it. Im using donor sperm and re wants me to come in same day as +. I tried that a few times then i switched on my own to the following day after +. Neither are working. I just cant get the timing down!! I get my surge at 5 am and they do iuis that day around 11 am or the following day at 11 am. I feel same day is to early and the following is to late. Really wish my surge would happen in the afternoon. Not sure what else to try here getting very discouraged
May 5th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Honestly, it's hard to know what your follicles are doing without any kind of monitoring. I get positive OPK's but don't ovulate for several days sometimes, due to naturally high LH thanks to PCOS. Are your cycles regular? How long between + OPK and AF showing?

My Blog

May 5th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Veteran
my cycles are usually about 32 days. I get my surge between cd 16-20. Cycles are pretty regular, i think i o kind of late. I have been using opks since july to test things out and started iuis in jan. I have been pretty regular. Only difference now is af comes a bit late because i go on progesterone and cant get off of it until beta comes back negative so a few days later af comes . Once i get my + opk i just dont know when to go in ??
May 5th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Honestly, I'd talk to your RE, and consider paying out of pocket for an ultrasound one cycle to make sure things look good. Have you had an HSG?

My Blog

May 6th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Veteran
I had the sonohystogram?? With the saline water. She said everything looks good and they check each month with a blood test to be sure im ovulating. My ultrasounds are 615$ each. I just cant do it. This is so frustrating
May 6th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Have you considered trying another donor? Personally, I'd have to weigh the costs of repeated donor sperm purchases vs. the costs of doing monitoring one cycle to see what helps. Otherwise, I think you just have to keep trying and hope for a BFP or answers once your insurance kicks in.

My Blog

May 6th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Veteran
I actual have recently thought about switching. Such a hard decision because im so set on this one and his #s are always so good. Dont want to make the wrong decision and switch and then ill think maybe it was just a timing issue and my 1st choice would have work. I guess ill try until insurance kicks in ......

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search