Slow Rising HCG

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By sweet.hun
  • 1 Post By KMH
  • 1 Post By KMH
  • 1 Post By *JenJen*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2012, 07:37 AM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
Here are my beta levels so far:

~14 DPO: 62
~16 DPO: 77

They are bringing me in on Friday for yet another beta draw and then are going to give me an ultrasound to check for an ectopic.

I still have hope that maybe this bean is just a slow riser and that everything will work out. Last night was the first night I took my progesterone. The RN I talked to on the phone told me I didn't need to pick up the progesterone because she "didn't think the pregnancy was going to be viable" but I refused. I told her that I've heard of slow rising levels turning out fine and that I'm not willing to give up until my levels go down.

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
May 10th, 2012, 07:38 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I'm so sorry that your news wasn't better. I hope that you can prove them all wrong on Friday with better numbers. (((HUGS)))

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

May 12th, 2012, 07:30 AM
~18 DPO: 121

Looking a lot better. Though they are still throwing around possible termination due to ectopic...but they can't prove it, my u/s showed no signs of ectopic so far. If they can't prove it, they aren't touching me. I go back in on Sunday for another draw (uuugh) and we'll see what it is then. I just know I'm going to end up getting into it with the RN and telling her to go to....well, you know where.

If they do want to terminate, I'm going to say I want a second opinion. I know she's going to probably tell me that I'm risking my life, but you know what....I don't think it's ectopic right now and until she can without a shadow of a doubt say that it is...I'm not going for it.
J and K likes this.

May 12th, 2012, 07:42 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I don't blame you at all...I wouldn't take anything to terminate a pregnancy unless they had ROCK SOLID proof that it wasn't viable. Your numbers aren't high enough yet that I would think you are in terrible danger, so I'd wait it out and see what happens. Honestly I'd rather risk losing a tube than take a pill not knowing if I was hurting a viable pregnancy, but that's a decision that each individual has to make based on their own circumstances.

I don't know how well you know my story, but I hope this helps:

Pregnancy #1 -
14DPO - beta was 11.8
16DPO - beta was 12.4 I was told to stop progesterone and wait for AF
20DPO - beta was 95...I was given info on methotrexate and told to watch for signs of an ectopic
22DPO - beta was 286...still concerned about ectopic...RE told me I was a mystery
27DPO - beta was 1632

This pregnancy resulted in a healthy full-term baby girl.

Pregnancy #2 -
Betas were fine, but my 5w1d ultrasound showed a sac that the RE thought was too small. SHe told me it was a "threatened miscarriage" and that things could go either way.

Our next ultrasound at 6w4d showed TWO babies with heartbeats. We're expecting a baby boy and a baby girl this fall.

Doctors get this stuff wrong ALL THE TIME. They do their best, but they don't plan for miracles or know what to do with them. They base everything on logic, science, and the odds. Well, some of us just have to remind them that God has a hand in these things, and science can't always explain everything.

Shasta, you are in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope your little bean is fighting hard right now to grow and snuggle in! I have everything crossed that every appointment will bring better news
sweet.hun likes this.

Melissa & DH

May 13th, 2012, 01:57 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Just checking in...your 4th beta is awesome! What did your doc say? I am praying hard for you, girl!!

Melissa & DH

May 13th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Thank you so much for your information! I hadn't know about your first pregnancy. Your story gives me a lot of hope that things will go well for this pregnancy.

The doctors want to do another u/s on Tuesday along with another lab draw. I honestly don't understand the need for yet ANOTHER u/s. It's still way too early to see anything, especially with my numbers being what they are right now. Sure they could shoot up at any time, but I'm really tired of being poked and prodded.

Anyways, what was your progesterone for your first pregnancy? Did they have to put you on supplements?

May 13th, 2012, 05:36 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Well, that first pregnancy was from a fresh IVF cycle. I had 15 eggs retrieved, so I had a ton of progesterone that my body was making on its own, plus I was on IM injections every day. It was over 40...that's all I know because that's the highest my RE's lab computer goes. The fact that yours went up is pretty awesome...my RE had me stop my supplements after the 2nd beta and told me if the progesterone dropped then that was a bad sign.

They had me do lots of ultrasounds, too...just to watch for inflammation or anything funny. They never saw anything, but I just went along with it. I wanted all the info I could get so if decisions needed to be made I had as much info as possible.

SO excited for you

Melissa & DH

May 14th, 2012, 11:10 AM
When did they finally see something on the ultrasound for you? Was it at the 27 DPO point?

Also, did your pregnancy "catch up" or were you behind about a week or so?

May 14th, 2012, 01:19 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Yes, at 27DPO we could see that there was a sac in the uterus and a fetal pole. My RE didn't give me any guarantees that I had a healthy pregnancy, but at least we KNEW she was in the right place.

I was 6 days behind the entire pregnancy. Claire was born at 37w0d, and they said at birth she measured 36w1d. She was Pokey, but consistent
sweet.hun likes this.

Melissa & DH

May 15th, 2012, 12:12 PM
HCG was 538 today!!!!!

This baby is going to be such a stinker....

May 15th, 2012, 12:45 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
That is awesome!! Grow baby grow!!

Melissa & DH

May 15th, 2012, 12:56 PM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
Go HCG go! It sounds like your little bean was taking some lessons from melissa's claire, lol!
sweet.hun likes this.

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

May 17th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Well, hcg today was 671. It's not looking good and the doctor said it looks like it's another chromosome issue. I might have a D&E next Thursday if I don't start miscarrying, although that's still up in the air because he wants some other doctors' opinions in the office first. He is fairly certain though that because of my translocation it's just not going to progress much further and will start dropping down soon.

May 17th, 2012, 03:15 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Shoot! I was hoping for a really great number...prayers a good thoughts still coming your way...the fat lady hasn't sung yet!

Melissa & DH

May 22nd, 2012, 06:49 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Thinking of you, Shasta...thoughts and prayers to you and DH.

Melissa & DH

May 22nd, 2012, 06:55 AM
Thank you hon.

May 22nd, 2012, 07:28 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
*hugs* I'm so sorry Shasta, I was hoping this was it for you.

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search