Ladies I need your help PLEASE!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tracy87

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok to give a little back story we have been ttc for over 3yrs. In November 2011 I had an hsg that showed one of my tubes was blocked. Since I didn't get pregnant after we did a laprascopy in April. that showed BOTH my tubes were blocked and the doctor recommended ivf as our only option. Its is now August and I have a laprascopic hysterectomy scheduled for aug 31rst....

So here I am cd37 with no period. Friday and Saturday I had the lighted faintest tan discharge. I had one little spot of pink...thats it. This amount I had to go "digging for" sorry tmi. When i put in a tampon and took it out it just had a little brown on it. Now its monday and i haven't had anything for two days. I have tested an got a bfn.

My question....can I be pregnant? Could the lap have opened a tube just enough for a sperm to get through... I'm super nervous because I have all these appointments and I don't want to go if I could be pregnant.

Does this sound like ib? This discharge was mixed in with thick white discharge almost like clumps for two days. Now its back to lotion consistency.

also today I have been getting twinges on my right side. not at all like the cramping I get with my period. its sharp and only lasts a few seconds.

ANGEL BABY NEVER FORGOTTEN 9/15/07 4WEEKS 4DAYS

August 7th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Tracy87's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm probably not the best person to answer, but I mean anything is possible. Generally they won't schedule a lap surgery until after your period. So I'm not sure how you have one scheduled so far out. The best thing to do is wait at least 24 hours and then test again if you feel like you could still be pregnant. You can always go in and have blood work if you're still not convinced, but there is still plenty of time before the 31st.
KMH likes this.
TTC #1 since 4/2010

LAP Feb 2012
Stage 3 Endo Removed
July 2012 First IVF Cycle

August 7th, 2012, 07:41 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
Are your cycles normally very regular? What CD is your lap scheduled? Do you know when you ovulated? There's a chance you could be pregnant, but there is also a chance that the stress of this upcoming surgery and such delayed ovulation or you have a cyst that is preventing thing as well.

They will definitely do a pregnancy test before your surgery, and I bet your doctor will do a beta if you request it earlier.

My Blog
2006-2014 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2016

August 7th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I already had a lap done in April. I have a hysterectomy scheduled for aug 31rst that will be done laprascopiclly with the da vinci. So if you doubt my surgery just look it up. The reason its so "far out" is because I have to have a uterine biopsy the 9th, a sono the 13th, then my pre-op appt the 27th.

I have pcos so no my periods are not regular. I also take provera for the first five days of the month to try and regulate my periods. I'm on metformin 1000mg x2 daily too.

Nope have no clue when I ovulated. I took opks cd 21,22,&23 but they weren't positive and I ran out so I didn't test anymore.

Oh btw I had my lap done in april while on my period and my hsg done during my period also. So yes my doctor will do these procedures while I'm on my period.

August 7th, 2012, 08:11 AM
So you just finished up your round of provera for august? or did you skip it this month with the surgery scheduled? With PCOS and highly irregular cycles, I'd bet your body is probably just now trying to ovulate or it's an anovulatory cycle, most likely, but pregnancy is always a possibility.

If you are scheduled to have a biopsy on thursday, I'd just ask for them to do a beta HCG then to rule things out- I'm sure they will do a urine HCG at that point, but it can't hurt to ask for a blood test too, and that will give you a definitive answer.

My Blog

August 7th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah they will do a urine hcg before the biopsy. At least that's what it says on the sheet the doc gave me lol.

I just finished the prover two days ago. I didn't take it last month because I started even before I could take the first pill. This month I did just so I could semi-know when my cycle would start. I guess I'll know soon no matter what....its just that wierd discharge I had is throwing me for a loop. I've only had one cycle in my life longer than this one.

August 7th, 2012, 08:39 AM
It's probably the provera causing some weirdness, so I'd just hang in there. Increased CM is usually caused by hormonal changes, so that could be from the provera, or your body trying to ovulate, or just a fluke.

Good luck.

My Blog

August 7th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Jenn

I think your right though I just took a first response and its looks like bfn. So hysterectomy will be going on as planned.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search