OT-Trashy Romance Novels

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By onlybygrace

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2012, 09:13 AM
MandyEllen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jen & I both posted that we like them!

Of course, I read the "50 Shades of Grey" series. I've been reading online that they are expecting some babies to come from that series in 9 months or so!

I love the author Kristen Hannah. I just ordered another of her books on amazon. It's called "Things We Do for Love." So that will be my next out of reality adventure. I like Emily Giffin's books too. Pretty much I like anything that is entertaining and an easy read with at least a little love story in it.

I don't have a Nook or Kindle...thinking of buying DH an iPad for his bday in Nov so may be I can steal it to read on it! Haha!

What do you girls read? Any author or book suggestions?
7/12/13 - 16 dpo beta=825
7/19/13 - 23 dpo beta=18,870
7/26/13 - 30 dpo beta=72,091

August 10th, 2012, 11:32 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
If you like 50 shades level of 'trashy', I suggest the Rough Rider series by Lorelei James, and her Blacktop Cowboy Series as well. Cat Johnson does some pretty good ones as well, so does Bella Andre.

Historical romance wise, I love Stephanie Laurens, Tracy Anne Warren, Johanna Lindsey.

Modern, I go for Nora Roberts, Sherryl Woods, Debbie Macomber, and Stephanie Bond.

I have a Kindle 2, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Ipad, Iphone, Nook Color, and Nook tablet. Needless to say, I rarely buy a 'paper' book anymore. I much prefer ebooks.

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

August 10th, 2012, 03:39 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I love a good trashy romance novel...Nora Roberts is definitely one of my favorites.

I have yet to read the "Grey" series...probably not the best thing for a lady on pelvic rest to read Hopefully I can read those after these babies arrive and DH and I can get our groove back

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

August 11th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I loved the Fifty Shades of Grey! And I love a good trashy romance novel.

I have been reading Lara Adrian recently.

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
August 11th, 2012, 06:25 PM
I read "Bared to You" by Sylvia Day right after 50 Shades... loved it.
August 16th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *JenJen* View Post
If you like 50 shades level of 'trashy', I suggest the Rough Rider series by Lorelei James, and her Blacktop Cowboy Series as well. Cat Johnson does some pretty good ones as well, so does Bella Andre.

Historical romance wise, I love Stephanie Laurens, Tracy Anne Warren, Johanna Lindsey.

Modern, I go for Nora Roberts, Sherryl Woods, Debbie Macomber, and Stephanie Bond.

I have a Kindle 2, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Ipad, Iphone, Nook Color, and Nook tablet. Needless to say, I rarely buy a 'paper' book anymore. I much prefer ebooks.
Another great series very similar to 50 Shades of Grey is the Crossfire Series by Sylvia Day. Bared to You is the first book in the series and is equally as hot and steamy as the 50 Shades Series. If you're looking for other great 2012 books in this genre you should check out TheBestBooksOf.com. Their list of The Best Romance Novels of 2012 is really great!

Please let me know if you find anything worth reading.

Cheers
August 16th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Super Mommy
What a great thread! I just so happen to finish up the 50 Shades series last night! I was looking for a new read!

3 failed fresh IVFs, 1 failed FET
Surprise BFP in 12/10 after acupuncture & herbs!!
1 beautiful, perfect daughterl!

August 16th, 2012, 04:43 PM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
I LOVED the first book! I have the 2nd in the series but have yet to read it.

If you have a kindle or nook - there's a page on FB you can like called "What to read after 50 Shades of grey" and they usually post about FREE (or close to free) novels that are similar to to 50 shades.

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
August 17th, 2012, 04:53 AM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just wanted to add, even if you don't have an ereader I know at least the Kindle has free apps for your phone as well as a desktop application. Those free books are worth taking advantage of as long as you can stand reading on your computer or phone screen. I have the Motorola Admiral which has a slightly smaller than average screen but I haven't had any trouble reading on it.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
August 17th, 2012, 05:36 AM
onlybygrace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As sad as it may sound...I think I'm in love with Christian Grey!
IndyMommyWannabe likes this.
August 17th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Veteran
I think I love the series so much because it was orginally written as a Twilight Fan fiction with the original Twilight main characters as the characters. The author then changed the names and had it published NOW I CAN GET MY VAMPIRE LOVE STORY again SO SO SO SO SO SO READY FOR THE MOVIE TO COME OUT!!
------------------------------
9/2012: Chemical Pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search