introducing myself and some questions

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Super Mommy
hi girls thanks for all your posts iv been reading and you have all helped me feel less alone .we have been trying for 14 mths ,iv had 2 chemical pregnancies .and no luck since we lost the last one back in nov ,im 39 dh is 40 .we are both blessed with our own children from previous marriages .but are so wanting our own baby . iv just had my first mth on clomid 50mg from day 3 to 7 side affects weren't great but bearable and worth it .i ovulated on day 16 .so it worked we bd at the right time , i had some period like cramping about 5 days ago but nothing since then .iv tested and have had nothing but neg results again .....does clomid make your period late ? how many circles did it take those of you to full pregnant on clomid when you have poor egg production .i haven't been given any progesterone do you think that would be a good idea to ask doctor for ? sorry for all these questions my doctors in uk arent as forth coming as you guys over here . thank you for any replies in advance .ps sorry for any spelling mistakes im dyslexic and the spell check on pc is not working lol

Last edited by vickyblueeyes; August 12th, 2012 at 11:17 PM. Reason: added more on
August 12th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Veteran
First of all WELCOME!

I started Clomid back in FEB at 50mg. I usually O'd around CD 14-17. My cycles were a bit longer compared to before CLOMID. I believe this to be because I was ovulating later and later each cycle. BEFORE we sought out medical assistance I was having my periods every 27-29 days and O'ing pretty early on I am guessing because we never caught the eggie...

FAST FORWARD to this past cycle:

This was our 6th cycle of Clomid but I did 150mg this time around. I produced 4 follies and O'd around CD 17 On CD 15 I did a 10,000IU HCG trigger to help push my follies to ovulation. I did the trick because i recently found out I am pregnant! I was not given progestrone but had my bloodwork done on CD 24. I should be getting the results back tomorrow, but I know for sure that I O'd. My doctor likes to see the progestrone amount to be over 15 during medicated cycles. All my previous CLOMID cycles have been anywhere from 20-34.

How many DPO are you today?
Expecting #1 April 2013!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 12th, 2012, 11:43 PM
Super Mommy
wow congratulations so good to hear of a baby coming for you ,i hope you have a wonderful pregnancy and remember to enjoy every minute of it ,im around 12 dpo today and still a neg preg test ,so im prob out this mth .but theres always next mth .thanks for the infor also ,its hard as iv only dh to talk to as none of our friends and family know we are trying and tbh i feel a bit of a failure that its not happening for us .
August 13th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Veteran
WE never told any of our family or friends either... DH has been almost like a super hero through all of this because it is 100% me who could not get pregnant with out medical assistance.

You are not out of the woods yet! Maybe you O'd later than when you thought! I would wait until the date period is due and if nothing go and see your doctor. Maybe a blood test is in order. Also, what kind of tests are you using? I got my BFP with an answer brand test. I prefer answer and frer for the fact they are really reliable. I also used a dollar store cheapie and it was negative/super faint. My FRER and answer have been blaring all day!
Expecting #1 April 2013!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 13th, 2012, 01:08 AM
Super Mommy
I were like u 28 day cycle used to olv between day 12 and 14 this mth it were later ,funny tho don't feel anything no cramping and don't feel pregnant either ,time will tell I guess .but yes if no period a doctors blood test will be in order .iv been using first responce and CB .even tho I know CB is not great cause of the blue dye lol ,just wish friends would stop asking when we ate gonna have a baby ,not there fault they don't know we having problems ,
August 13th, 2012, 06:53 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi, I’ve only taken Clomid once and that was for the Clomid Challenge. It did make my cycle longer because it caused me to O later. I have very short cycles, average 23 to 25 days, and usually O around CD 10 to 12. The cycle I took Clomid I O’d on CD 14 and had a 27 day cycle. I hope your AF is late because your preggo, but just wanted to let you know my experience on Clomid.

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE
August 13th, 2012, 06:58 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
I've taken clomid 6 times and ovulated 5 times on it.

Depending on when you ovulate, your cycle could very well be longer. Clomid also tends to lengthen your Luteal Phase as well, so it's normal for it to be a few days longer.

Is your doctor doing any kind of monitoring with you on clomid? Did they do any kind of testing prior to you starting clomid(day 3 bloodwork, HSG, SA)?

Good luck, and don't count yourself out yet, there's still hope.

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

August 17th, 2012, 05:48 AM
onlybygrace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi,

Clomid definitely increased my luteal phase, I still O'd day14-15...but my normal 26-28 day cycles became 29-30 days.

I tried it for 3 months (100mg on CD3-7), 1 month timed BD, and the other 2 months IUI with trigger.

I was taking progesterone orally from day 15-29.

All 3 rounds were BFN for me. I thought that since I O-ed normally on my own, the Clomid would almost guarantee a BFP.

I've been off the clomid for the previous cycle, and this one, and am now considering IVF.

Wishing you the best of luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search