newly on the assisted track of ttc

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Hey everyone! DH and I have been ttc for over a year with no luck. I recently had a whole slew of tests that seem to point to pcos. Luckily-I was on the exact day I needed to be on to start some treatments. I'm having some ultrasounds to see the capacityof my ovaries and to see if I can have an injection next week to make me ovulate(I either haven't been despite positive opks or I have been ovulating too late). Has anyone had success with these injections or have any advice about them?
October 11th, 2012, 12:59 AM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
I do not have PCOS but i was successful on injections.
They don't want to try clomid with you first?
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

October 14th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Well, I guess they make a little plan each month and I luckily was on day two on my appointment and they do ultrasound starting on day three to make the plan. My nurse midwife said that he thought that we would probably be successful if we can get me to ovulate correctly. I have been ovulating way too late in my cycle so he was kind of hoping this would work and if it doesn't then I will go on clomid next month. I have one egg on each side but my last ultrasound showed they weren't mature enough yet so hopefully they will be tomorrow. I'm excited to try this but also nervous that it won't work.
October 18th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
Ok I just reread the first post, sorry I think I got confused!
I think you are talking about the HCG tirgger injection to make you O? I thought you were talking about injections to make eggs.
I do the trigger shot every month. If your follicle/s is large enough they can give you an injection to make you ovulate 24-48 hours. It's not a big deal but you will test + on an HPT for about 10 days.
October 20th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Yeah that is the one! I was able to have the shot this past Wednesday. Now I have those progesterone suppositories the next two weeks (ew) . Its only the first medically assisted thing were trying but I hope it works!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search