Progesterone Levels & Clomid Help?????

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2012, 09:25 AM
Ok so here it goes, TTC #1 since January of this year...

LMP-9-18-12
1st Round of Clomid (50mg) Taken CD 3-7
Positive DIGITAL OPK on CD 10
Progesterone drawn 7 days later- <0.5 (clearly a false +OPK d/t the Clomid)
CD 21 Progesterone just in case we missed something- 0.7
Kept using Digital OPKs............
CD 23 & 24 big fat smiley face +OPK's.

Seriously, this late on Clomid? I had lot's of CM and twingy cramping that whole week too. Now before the clomid my cycles were a little wack but averaged about 36 days.

I went in on CD31 (7 days past my REAL positive OPK for another Progesterone level, results were 6.6. Doc said she believes the kit was right and I most likely ovulated. We did BD'd both days I had the +OPK's and we used Preseed.

She says to just stay at the 50mg dose but I'm not sure I like the 6.6 reading. I don't think I really have any preggo symptoms. I will test tomorrow (CD37, about 12dpo) but doubt it will be a BFP with a 6.6 progesterone level at 7dpo.

What do you think??????????????????

Last thought...could my level be lower because it was so many days after the last clomid pill? I know they like it above 15 with a "medicated cycle" but is the medication still in my system that many days later?
Edit/Delete Message
TTC #1 x January 2012
Me-30, DH-35
Was on BCP for 8yrs until last August
Irregular Cycles
1st Cycle of Clomid
Using Preseed & Clearblue Easy Digital OPK's
November 1st, 2012, 01:55 PM
Raunchero's Avatar Happy as a Clam :)
I as well just finished my first cycle with clomid, havent seen a sign of AF yet, hopefully she stays away.

I would think that your progestrone level was low because you were so far out from the last pill.

I took mine (50mg) from day 5-9 and recieved positive OPK on day 15. which is late for me. I had a blood draw on day 23 and my level was at a 23.

My doc had said when you get further out from that the progestrone level will start dropping.

I would call your nurse or doc directly though. Ask them the questions and report back here! Best of luck to you! Hope you see a BFP soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search