progesterone level Qst???

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2006, 02:24 AM
sweetdreamer1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hi all of u..
Im on a break cycle but dr asked to atleast take clomid and then just go on with my break...hihihi...ok but here is the thing..i was in so much pain on 19/07,so i went to the dr.and he said my LS ovary is swollen and told me that he thinks i have Oed and to do a progesterone test.so i got the result of it today.it is 55.94. the ref range it says is 4.9 - 79.1 in the luteal phase. so obviously i have Oed..yippie for that..but my problem is is it normal to get that high number with only clomid and no injectables and all..coz with clomid+hcg+fsh injections my LP progesterone level was 46.44 once.so this time only with clomid do u all think its normal or is there a high progesterone problem with me?? the funniest part is i dont have any bbs pains and such that associates with progesterone..
my dr is on leave so i cant even ask him..im actually happy but im freaking out thinking what if its some hormonal imbalance??!!!
anyone know of anything with these results pls help me!!!
TIA

My BFP Chart
pregnancy/baby blog pw. 0000

July 24th, 2006, 05:41 AM
~*Angela*~'s Avatar aka hack with a camera
Wow! I haven't seen a number that high! I have seen numbers less than 1 though! I think that as long as it is in the normal range, you are fine. My highest progesterone level on Clomid was 27.6, and that was the month I conceived #2. However, my number was 19.6 this cycle, and I got a BFP on Friday. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you! Your chart looks really good!

**Thanks claire1979 for my awesome siggy!**
July 24th, 2006, 05:51 AM
congrats on ur bfp
im worried about my result coz i havent heard of such high numbers ever too... i really hope some one can make me at ease by saying they too had such high nos and nothing was wrong with themm..

My BFP Chart

July 24th, 2006, 06:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm on clomid, and last months progesterone results were 46.6.
July 24th, 2006, 07:53 AM
Running Queen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm hoping they are high because you are pregnant...maybe with twins!! Wouldn't you just LOVE that?!

Good Luck! I think you're #'s are great...I would die to have them that high seeing how my progesterone levels were 7 last month.

Jen
July 24th, 2006, 10:39 AM
TexMex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I researched all about progesterone and Clomid I found that a level like 55 is just fine and shows a great ovulation. It's not a pregnancy guarantee, but hopefully the spermies met up with it! You might want to ask your doc to ease your mind but I'm pretty sure it's perfectly fine to have a level that high or even higher on just Clomid. I had a fairly low number at 7DPO (it was 10) on my BFP cycle on my first month of Clomid, so I am on the opposite spectrum where I am still amazed I got prego with that number because they say they like to see it atleast 15 on Clomid. You just never know!
July 24th, 2006, 11:05 PM
thankz all of u...I suppose then its just a good ovulation and nothing much to worry about...
thanks for ur support ladies...
dunno how i'll live without JM..AND U GILRS..

My BFP Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search