Clomid Question

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2012, 11:09 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi. I'm Amber. I've been officially ttc since March of this year with my amazing DH. I got pregnant pretty quickly with my previous children, the longest wait was with my DS (6 months), but now I'm having a really hard time. I don't believe I'm ovulating, neither does my doctor, which is why she's prescribed Provera to kick start "normal" cycles. I have an appointment two days after my birthday and I'm thinking she might suggest Clomid for ovulation. I've never been ttcma. I don't know what to expect from this medication. I've done research and what not but I'd really like some personal expieriances. How did you know to try clomid? Did you in fact o on clomid? What are your major side effects? How did you know you o'ed? Will I have to go for blood work each cycle? Can I just track my o with bbt and ff instead of going for blood work? And finally, my most important question....How long have you tried clomid before you got your bfp? I really am praying for my final child. I've been waiting 2 years. (We were WTTC then NTNP then TTC...It feels like I've been waiting for forever!!) I am nervous that I'm offending you by asking while I already have 3 children and one step son. I'm just really nervous and super frustrated with my body. I don't know who else to ask, since no one I know needed Clomid before nor does anyone know we're trying this hard for our child. Thank you ladies. <3

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
December 4th, 2012, 01:15 AM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been on Clomid since February. We new I was going to need MA before we ever started trying, so I was put on it after two test cycle to confirm for my doctor I was anovulatory. My doctor has me use OPKs. At first if I didn't get a +OPK by CD15 I was to call and make an appointment for an ultrasound to see how my ovaries were doing. Usually it was bad news. I did O my first cycle on 50mg on CD16, but then didn't again till September on 150mg on CD20. I do chart BBT to confirm and that's good enough for us, I don't have to go in and get bloodwork done. I don't have insurance that would pay for that which could be why my doctor doesn't have me do that. I got pregnant after a year of trying, but it was only my third time ovulating so I think that's pretty good.

As far as side effects go, they're pretty bad. On lower doses they weren't terrible, mostly a bit of nausea and some mood swings. But on 200mg I had terrible hot flashes, less than awesome CM, and the nausea and mood swings were way more intense. The nausea was bad enough it kept me from BDing as much as I wanted and also made it hard to sleep. It's worth it to me if it gets me my rainbow baby but it's quite unpleasant. If I could afford it I'd probably see if I could try femara instead as the side effects aren't as bad.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
December 4th, 2012, 01:43 AM
onlybygrace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had 6 cycles with Clomid, and the side effects for me were pretty manageable. Yeah some headaches and mood swings, but nothing REALLY difficult to handle (in the grand scheme of things)

I O'd normally on my own before even taking clomid, so I know that doesnt answer your question.

My doc INSISTED on blood work and ultrasound monitoring when I took clomid, and with the trigger, I could pretty much pin point the time I O'd.

I never got a BFP though

Hope that helps you!

TTC our 1st since June 2011

6 cycles of Clomid, 2 cycles injectables, 5 IUIs: ALL BFNs

IVF #1: Starting 5th March 2013 - Praying for my 1st ever BFP!

December 4th, 2012, 04:15 AM
Thank you, Tasha & onlybygrace. I really appreciate you sharing your experiences. I really hope you ladies get your bfp soon.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
December 4th, 2012, 05:21 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! I wish I could give advice and guidance, but I just got my clomid and will be taking it over the next couple weeks.

I just wanted to say, that you should NOT feel bad about saying you are sad you aren't conceiving when you already have kids. Secondary infertility is as serious an issue as primary fertility, and you have every right to your feelings about it. I have two kids, and now have been trying for a little more than 3 1/2 years.

Good luck to you!

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
December 5th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Thank you very much, Susan. I hope the clomid works for you and you get your bfp soon

2013 Mommy

Tags
clomid , unexplained anovulation

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search