New to this board......

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2006, 06:54 PM
Mom2_3mb4's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Mom2_3mb4
Hi all,

I am a member of the TTC 6+ board and thought I'd pop in here and see what you all talk about. I've been taking 50mg of Clomid for 6 cycles so far. This one would be 7 but am taking a break this cycle only.

My OB/GYN is away on holidays so I went to see my family doctor. To talk about my OB/GYN and his not doing much to help me at this time. My OB told me months ago that if I didnt get pregnant he'd put me on something. Well that cycle ended and I called and they called in a prescription for the Clomid.

Thats all he has done....well also requesting to see my charts if I didnt get pregnant. Well this Monday I started cycle 23 of trying. So I thought thats it and for the 4th time I'd call and ask for the Post-O Progesterone test to be done. Only to find he's away.

I have had a HSG done, blood tests and DH has a SA as well with all being normal. I have now gotten to the point where I am done with my OB and want someone who will help me better. My family doc agreed.

While at my family docs he gave me a prescription for Prometrium to take CD1-12 but this is too late for this cycle. So I am going to take a "break" for this one and only do my temps.

My family doc said he didn't know more than the basics in fertility so I'm going to get a second opion. Also I had been on a time limit of no more after 40.....I turned that near the end of May. Today my family doc took back the time limit.

OOOPS sorry this is so long. Any advice on the Clomid or Prometrium is greatly appreciated.

Susan-Marie
July 26th, 2006, 08:43 PM
milo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just wanted to wish you good luck!!! Nice to meet you!

New Plan Of ACTION~~Lose weight and exercise, wait for referral to Gyno,after 6 months no BFP onto IUI~~<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12551b" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
</a>
July 26th, 2006, 10:06 PM
mrsracatoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsracatoe
to our board! We are so glad to have you. I really hope that you enjoy it here like I do!

You are going through almost the same thing that I am with my OB. I have gotten to the point with my OB that I am just going to wait and save up the money to go to an RE.

All the OB has done for me would be, ultrasound of my ovaries, prescribed Clomid for 3 months and checked my progestrone levels on cd's 21-23. My progestrone has been 1 each time. He also gave me Progestrone In Oil shot to start my cycles because I don't O on my own. I haven't O'ed on Clomid either and he said that I am on the highest dose that he can give me (150 mg.) I prefer to just save my money up and start going to an RE when I get my money saved. I feel like I have wasted my time for the last 3 to 4 months.

Prometrium is basically the same thing as PIO shot that I recieved. Its just the pill form. Did your dr. perscribe it to make you start AF or what?

Clomid is a great drug! Everyone has to find the right dosage for their bodies. Some women have had success on 50 mg. and some on 250 mg. Everyone is different! lol
As for side effects of the drug, I had minimal at a lower dose but at 150 mg I had most of them. I had night sweats, hot flashes, mood swings, headaches, minimal CM, bad insomnia, etc. Some never get side effects at all and some do.

Good Luck!! I hope things work out for you! And again Welcome!!

July 27th, 2006, 08:04 AM
imn2nursing's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to imn2nursing
Hi~well my RE would not let me do over 4 months of clomid. I however got a bfp on my last month of it but unfortunately lost it. I am now on injects. This is our first month of doing iui. We have been trying for 16months since my tubal reversal. My RE says it is harder to get pg because "my age". I am so sick of hearing that from everyone. I am 37 so who knows. You said that you asked for a progesterone test? You mean you have been on clomid for 6 months and he has not checked your progesterone to make sure you are responding? How about ultrasounds? My RE did these things 3 out of 4 cycles. If your Dr. is not then you should think of seeing someone else. I hardly don't understand the prometrium thing. I take it 3dpo until af because my progesterone fell with my pg and that is why I miscarried. I am sure there is things I don't know but I don't see the relation in taking it so early in the cycle? Good luck to you and glad to have you here.
July 27th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
HI!
I am on my fifth cycle of clomid, second cycle of 150mg but I started out at 100mg. My doctor will not prescribe over 150mg. I haven't even ovulated but I do think that I'm not the norm. It helps so many people. Who knows what is up with me. I always had a post o progesterone test and is was always under 1 but because of that low progesterone I was put on prometrium suppositories because progesterone in pill form isn't always effective and can be dangerous to a fetus. Do a google about it, lots of good info. I am on the progesterone CD18-until I'm not pg. Usually from what I here progesterone is given at the end of the cycle to help support any pg that my exist but I'm sure your doctor had a good reason to give it to you at a different time. I had terrible side effects my first month of clomid-hot flashes and horrible mood swings but after that first rough month my side effects have gotten better. I also take estrogen on CD 8-12. Good luck to you. I do think that an RE is the way to go after you've tried the basics. I have an appointment with one Aug. 10. I have to pay out of pocket too but they will make financial payment arrangements so I will do what I need to do. I've already decided that I wouldn't do IVF or anything else really expensive though.
Good luck to you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search