HSG preliminary results

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2013, 10:06 AM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
So on Tuesday, I had my HSG.

The guy doing the procedure was very nice although he was clearly having issues getting the speculum in. I was trying to relax, but it is so uncomfortable!

Anyway, the upshot is I have one great looking tube, and one tube that is blocked where it meets the uterus. I also have a tilted uterus, but looking online, I don't think it effects fertility. I haven't heard from my OB about the results more than that, so that's what we have right now. There is at least one semi-surgical procedure to open the tube, assuming it's just a small blockage, so I'm expecting that'll be something we discuss.

DH still has to go for his SA (we are waiting until after I ovulate) and then we'll know more about the entire situation.

In a way, it makes me feel better about going through the test and to know that even though it's been a while, really we've only had a chance about half the time, but still - we have no way of knowing each month which side is ovulating, and yeah. On the other hand, as long as I have one, we have a chance, assuming there's not something else going on.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

February 7th, 2013, 10:12 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck! It's at least very good to know what could be going wrong!

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
February 7th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Raunchero's Avatar Happy as a Clam :)
I am glad you got some answer. I hope everything turns out great with DH's SA

February 7th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you got some answers. I think a HSG is the same as a lap (?) not sure, but when I had my lap it put my mind at ease. I hope the SA goes great!

February 7th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Thanks ladies - DH scheduled his SA for the 17th, with the idea that I should O soon and then he'd have his required days of rest beforehand too.

The nurse from the OBs office called and I missed it, and she is off shift now, so I have to call tomorrow. It's sort of nice that I only talk to one nurse, but having missed her was annoying.

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

February 10th, 2013, 12:45 PM
onlybygrace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Getting answers does sort of make me feel better. even if we find a problem...I alwyas think "at least now we know, and we can try to fix it".

I'm hoping that the SA provides great results!

TTC our 1st since June 2011

6 cycles of Clomid, 2 cycles injectables, 5 IUIs: ALL BFNs

IVF #1: Starting 5th March 2013 - Praying for my 1st ever BFP!

February 10th, 2013, 02:32 PM
I get that

I called back on Friday - she said that there were no other issues that would impede fertility, that I should send in my charts and then when DH gets his SA, the OB will call and we'll make a plan.

So, it's something.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search