Estrogen and FSH

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By KMH
  • 1 Post By KMH
  • 1 Post By KMH
  • 1 Post By Laurenj915
  • 1 Post By Laurenj915

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am googling like crazy but maybe someone here knows more...

I got my E2 and FSH levels from my day 3 tests today. I'm just going through some diagnosic testing right now. I don't remember what my levels were two years ago but I know they were considered normal then.

So this cycle E2 was 30 and FSH was 7.8

I think the FSH is ok considering I'm over 35. The estrogen seems like it might be low. Is that right? I took my 7dpo progestrone test today and I fully expect that to come back low since at 7 dpo I am already spotting heavily.

Can anyone help me with those numbers?

February 8th, 2013, 09:17 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I'm thinking both numbers sound great! Here is the chart I usually refer to, and it has Day 3 Estrogen (E2) as needing to be 25-75.

Hormone Levels & Fertility Bloodwork - Fertility Plus

The spotting at 7DPO could be a sign of low progesterone. Has that always been an issue? Have you ever taken progesterone after you O?

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

February 8th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMH View Post
I'm thinking both numbers sound great! Here is the chart I usually refer to, and it has Day 3 Estrogen (E2) as needing to be 25-75.

Hormone Levels & Fertility Bloodwork - Fertility Plus

The spotting at 7DPO could be a sign of low progesterone. Has that always been an issue? Have you ever taken progesterone after you O?

Thank you for the link! Spotting has been an issue for a few years. The RE always says it's normal although that drives me crazy, I don't know how a little egg could hold on while my uterine lining is slowly shedding. Honestly, I guess I was looking for something to be wrong. That is terrible but unexplained infertility is just such an annoying diagnosis.

I have used progestrone after O for many cycles but even with the progesterone I still spot. It might push back the spotting a few days. The only cycle in three years that I did not spot was my IVF cycle when I got pregnant.

February 8th, 2013, 09:38 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Gosh, we sound like we could be twins DH and I are also unexplained, and I also had spotting every cycle starting at about 10DPO. I'm like you...I always wanted to find SOMETHING wrong, because then there would be something to fix. I wanted to feel like we had a goal or direction, not just trying things until something finally worked...I feel your frustration!

Have you ever tried booster shots of HCG? I did 2,500 units of HCG 1, 4, and 7 days after O. My RE explained that it would make my body think it was already pregnant and I would produce more progesterone on my own, which was better than just adding progesterone to my body. When I did that, I never spotted. It really screwed up my early testing, but at least I felt like if there was a bean trying to snuggle in, it had adequate time to do so. Maybe you can ask about it?
*Leah* likes this.

Melissa & DH

February 8th, 2013, 11:01 AM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Great idea Melissa, about the booster shots. My other thought was...when you did IVF did you do PIO Shots? and the other cycles you did progesterone, was it shots or suppositories? I think the shots are far superior, IMO....just curious.

Also, the trigger shot with IVF may have helped with what Melissa was saying as well...food for thought.

I'm right there with you two in the "unexplained infertility" So frustrating!

I didn't look at that link, but for my clinic, they said FSH under 10 is normal, so I think that looks great.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

February 8th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Raunchero's Avatar Happy as a Clam :)
Man... there must be a lot of us on the board with that title... "Unexplained Fertility"

February 8th, 2013, 01:02 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillwaiting View Post
My other thought was...when you did IVF did you do PIO Shots?
Well, yes, but also with IVF you have SO many corpus luteum (follicles that have released eggs) producing progesterone...for me it was 15, and for other women it is many more. In a normal pregnancy it is just 1 producing progesterone!

After my 2nd beta (fresh IVF cycle) I was told my pregnancy was not viable so I quit the PIO shots (my doc said this was best to allow my body to miscarry on its own). Still after that I always maxed out the computers in the lab when they tested my Progesterone levels...my body was a progesterone makin' machine That's just one of the things you get with a fresh cycle.

(For those who don't know how that story ends, my "non-viable" pregnancy is the middle child in my siggy pic )
*Leah* likes this.

Melissa & DH

February 8th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Thanks girls! I have not tried the HCG other than the IVF cycle so that might be a good option.

I am taking oral progesterone. I did the suppositories with IUI and IVF. They really irritated me skin. The only reason I have the oral progesterone is I had a chemical in August and when the ob saw my numbers dropping on the second test he prescribed me 6 months worth of progesterone. I just have been refilling that Rx. One thing my insurance company is actually covering.

Oh and I just got today's number. Progesterone is 6.55. Uhhhhhh! Ovulatory but not quite normal. Nothing to be too worried about i'm sure they will say.

Anyone know anything about IVF abroad? I am totally considering this if we go with IVF. It's like half the price. My insurance company won't even cover a consult with an RE much less IVF

February 8th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Quote:

(For those who don't know how that story ends, my "non-viable" pregnancy is the middle child in my siggy pic )
and she's a cutie. How old is she?

I just looked at your website. 6.55 is actually pretty low.

February 8th, 2013, 01:34 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurenj915 View Post
and she's a cutie. How old is she?

I just looked at your website. 6.55 is actually pretty low.
Thanks...she's 2.5 and a bundle of toddler attitude these days

Yeah...6.55 isn't so great. Usually 10 is considered a minimum for a non-medicated cycle

I don't know anything about doing IVF abroad, and I can't remember anyone on here who has really checked into it. Maybe a lurker will jump in with some info.

Melissa & DH

February 8th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Well, yes, but also with IVF you have SO many corpus luteum (follicles that have released eggs) producing progesterone...for me it was 15, and for other women it is many more. In a normal pregnancy it is just 1 producing progesterone!
Eggcellent point...I hadn't thought of that. I only had 8 measley eggs (only 4 mature), but with WOW 15, I'm sure you were a progesterone makin' machine!

Lauren, I know someone that did IVF abroad...to the Czech republic....let me try to go find her blog.

It looks like she removed her blog....I sent her a msg and this thread link....I know she used My IVF Alternatives.
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?

Last edited by *Leah*; February 8th, 2013 at 02:17 PM.
February 8th, 2013, 02:14 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Quote:
Eggcellent point...
You are so punny
*Leah* likes this.

Melissa & DH

February 8th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Eggcellent point...I hadn't thought of that. I only had 8 measley eggs (only 4 mature), but with WOW 15, I'm sure you were a progesterone makin' machine!

Lauren, I know someone that did IVF abroad...to the Czech republic....let me try to go find her blog.

It looks like she removed her blog....I sent her a msg and this thread link....I know she used My IVF Alternatives.

That's ill look that up

I don't really know about traveling to another country and staying for 3 weeks with a toddler or leaving him at home but I saw the word vacation and started drooling.
*Leah* likes this.

February 9th, 2013, 08:30 AM
I woke up this morning feeling sick. I just had to POS. In two minutes I had this. I am 8 DPO.

I have been spotting and my progesterone is so low. I picked up another Rx for progesterone and I have an appointment with the dr on Tuesday. DH refuses to be happy because this happened in August and I did not stay pregnant. I can't help but be happy. I mean it's not like I'm going to feel any worse if it ends badly.

February 9th, 2013, 09:02 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Wahoo!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome! I am sending sticky vibes your way; maybe you can use your IVF money for a nice vacation after all

Melissa & DH

February 9th, 2013, 09:12 AM
HOLY CRAP!!! YAY...that is a GREAT line for 8dpo too! Congrats!! Get that progesterone quick girl!

What did you do this month?

February 9th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Thanks girls.

I did alot this month. In fact, if all goes well this week with the beta tests I'm going to write a post about it here. I have only gotten two positive pregnancy tests without IVF. One in August and one this month. Both months I was doing "the Whole 30." It's a strict 30 day paleo diet. The first time I did it to support my husband and it was a huge shock we got pregnant. This time I researched the heck out of paleo diets and found out that they often help people with unexplained infertility.

If you have any questions about it just ask, i would love to see if it could work for some women here.

February 9th, 2013, 03:24 PM
yes, me me.....I want to know more. Im already trying to cut out white sugars, white bread etc......Paleo is more of a raw/natural state food diet, right?

February 9th, 2013, 07:01 PM
The Whole 30 is a strict 30 day paleo diet meant to correct hormone imbalences among other things. The only things you eat are organic fruit, veggies, meats, poultry, fish, eggs, seeds, nuts and healthy oils.

From the website...
Do not consume added sugar of any kind, real or artificial. No maple syrup, honey, agave nectar, Splenda, Equal, Nutrasweet, xylitol, stevia, etc. Read your labels (and your Success Guide FAQ), because companies sneak sugar into products in ways you might not recognize.
Do not consume alcohol, in any form, not even for cooking. (And it should go without saying, but no tobacco products of any sort, either.)
Do not eat grains. This includes (but is not limited to) wheat, rye, barley, oats, corn, rice, millet, bulgur, sorghum, amaranth, buckwheat, sprouted grains and all of those gluten-free pseudo-grains like quinoa. Yes, we said corn… for the purposes of this program, corn is a grain! This also includes all the ways we add wheat, corn and rice into our foods in the form of bran, germ, starch and so on. Again, read your labels.
Do not eat legumes. This includes beans of all kinds (black, red, pinto, navy, white, kidney, lima, fava, etc.), peas, chickpeas, lentils, and peanuts. No peanut butter, either. This also includes all forms of soy – soy sauce, miso, tofu, tempeh, edamame, and all the ways we sneak soy into foods (like lecithin).
Do not eat dairy. This includes cow, goat or sheep’s milk products such as cream, cheese (hard or soft), kefir, yogurt (even Greek), and sour cream… with the exception of clarified butter or ghee. (See below for details.)
Do not consume carrageenan, MSG or sulfites. If these ingredients appear in any form on the label of your processed food or beverage, it’s out for the Whole30.
Do not eat white potatoes. This is somewhat arbitrary, but if we are trying to change your habits and improve the hormonal impact of your food choices, it’s best to leave white, red, purple, Yukon gold and fingerling potatoes off your plate. (Refer to your Success Guide FAQ for details).

You don't have to buy a book, everything you need to know is on this webpage.
The Whole30® Program | Whole9 | Let us change your life.

If you google paleo and fertility you can find lots of information on it.

In addition to a paleo diet I ate a pinapple core for 5 days after I Oed. I took Royal Jelly and Bee Polen twice a day. I took Maca Root, fish oil and Vit B complex. I did some yoga and meditation. I think all those things might have been helpful. BUT i have only gotten a positive pregnancy test twice without IVF. Both of those months I was doing the Whole 30. It's totally worth a try.
*Leah* likes this.

Last edited by Laurenj915; February 9th, 2013 at 07:04 PM.
February 10th, 2013, 01:16 PM
onlybygrace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on those 2 beautiful lines!

TTC our 1st since June 2011

6 cycles of Clomid, 2 cycles injectables, 5 IUIs: ALL BFNs

IVF #1: Starting 5th March 2013 - Praying for my 1st ever BFP!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search