Introducing Myself (sorry so long!)Update post #14

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By Lash
  • 2 Post By Lucy S.
  • 1 Post By IndyMommyWannabe
  • 1 Post By muffin
  • 2 Post By kayakr
  • 1 Post By *Leah*
  • 1 Post By onlybygrace
  • 1 Post By Lindz253
  • 1 Post By MandyEllen
  • 1 Post By kayakr
  • 1 Post By Onelove121
  • 1 Post By onlybygrace

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello Everyone,

My name is Lana. I'm 41 and am on my 16th month of ttc. I had a tubal reversal on Sept. 30, 2011. My dr told me to wait a couple of cycles before ttc but we only waited one cycle and started trying after my cycle in Oct 2011. My dr told me to use OPK's to check when I was O'ing. From Oct. 2011 to March 2012, I never got a positive OPK so I thought I wasn't O'ing. So I called my dr and the nurse called me back. I told her that I wasn't O'ing and asked to be put on Clomid.

I took Clomid for three cycles last year but the dr didn't tell me to come in for u/s's or to come in and have bloodwork done. I also asked him at my check up after my surgery how long we should ttc before we asked for help. He basically said to try for a year (and dummy me I did that...although I was worried with my age because I was 40 when I had my reversal and now I am going to be 42 in Aug!). So anyway here it is 16 months later and still no baby!

I went in for my yearly exam on Jan 7th and I talked to him about the fact that I still wasn't pg. He scheduled an HSG on Jan 11th. My tubes are fine but they saw a polyp that they thought was on my cervix acting like an IUD and preventing me from getting pg but I had a sonohysterogram on Feb 8 and while I do have a polyp it is NOT on my cervix and didn't have to be removed.

Last month a week after I O'd they did blood work and found out that my Progesterone is low. Since I still had one refill left on my Clomid, they told me to take it for this cycle and that they would do blood work again a week after I O and see if that helps my Progesterone and if it doesn't they are going to prescribe me some.

Last Friday when I went in for my sono, my dr also did an u/s and he saw 2 small follies in my right ovary and none in my left. I went back yesterday morning and one of the follies is 11mm and the other one is 14 mm. I am supposed to go back tomorrow mornign for another u/s. I asked my dr how long we are going to try using the Clomid to get pg before moving on to trying IUI's. He said he wanted to monitor me for 3 cycles and to ensure that I am O'ing before we go to doing IUI's.

I am frustrated that we are doing this now instead of him doing it last year. I have to admit that some of the blame is mine because I should have insisted on being monitored then but I was so naive and thought it wouldn't be that big of a deal to get pg! I also need to mention that my DH has low motility. We found this out before I had my surgery but they said it was enough to work with (it was 34%). I wish I could talk DH into having another SA done but our insurance doesn't cover it and he doesn't want to spend another $250 to have it done

Sorry this turned out to be so long. I just want to mention that I just started temping and charting last month. I actually O'd on my own last month verified by my temping. I talked to my dr about temping and charting last month when I went in for my exam and he told me to just throw it out and to just use the OPK's but I ignored him on that part! I want to make sure that at my age I am O'ing!

Thank you for reading. I will probably be hanging out on this board more because I want to learn more about the different medical options that we have. I already know that IVF is going to be out of the question because we don't have the money for that! I wish my DH was more open to trying vitamins and other things like FertilAid, etc. He complains about money but to me if we could get pg on our own it would be a lot cheaper

Last edited by katydae88; February 16th, 2013 at 11:02 AM.
February 12th, 2013, 05:06 PM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
welcome. are you seeing an OB or an RE? I'd really suggest an RE if you aren't already seeing one. Hopefully you will get your BFP soon

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

February 12th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am seeing an OB and it is getting frustrating. My dh is the only one who is working right now. The closest RE is an hour and a half away and my dh is not wanting to spend the money on having to travel that far. I get just as frustrated with him sometimes as I do my dr!!

He keeps telling me that if it is meant to be that we will have a baby. I agree to a certain extent but I also feel like you have to help it along sometimes, too!!!
February 12th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
One of the first things I would suggest after the age of 35 is to get your AMH and FSH tested to see about egg quality and number of eggs left. It's becoming more standard to test everyone who sees a year of trying with no pregnancy, but definitely true over age 35
*Leah* likes this.

February 12th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict

Wow.... I am shocked at the laid back approach of your OB. So much time has been wasted and to be honest with you, even ore is being wasted by not going right to IUI. I would see if you could get 3-4 eggs with clomid and if not, I would go to injections and IUI.
For a healthy woman 35yo with no issues, she should only try for 6 months before MA. If there are issues (like DH's SA or TR) it should be sooner. The more time that goes on the less of a chance you will get pregnant.
I wouldn't put up with this at all. I would demand IUIs now, period.
I say this because I know the feeling of wanting to be pg and I am afraid you are running out of time with this slow pace.
Much luck to you!!!
*Leah* and katydae88 like this.
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

February 13th, 2013, 03:51 AM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
Hello and !
katydae88 likes this.

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
February 13th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Lana! Just saying welcome over here too
katydae88 likes this.

Me: Autoimmune (Hashimotos and Fibromyalgia), vitamin D and calcium deficiency. Treated with Synthroid, supplements, TCM and acupuncture.

DH: Severe MFI (low counts, low motility, poor morphology and high antibodies), likely caused by poor liver function. Treated with Clomid to increase total counts.

DD: Conceived after 1 year of TTC with progesterone to correct LPD (likely caused by undiagnosed thyroid dysfunction). Born Aug 2009 via c/s after an induction due to pre-e and HELLP.

TTC #2 since Oct10 with an early loss in Aug 2011. Post-wash counts are too low for IUI to be successful, so moving on to IVF/ICSI in May 2014!

IVF/ICSI #1 (May 2014): Estrogen priming and antagonist protocol, including acupuncture and prayer!
17/05/14 - Baseline looks good, start Gonal-F 225iu and Luveris 75iu
28/05/14 - 18 eggs retrieved, 14 mature
29/05/14 - 13 fertilized!!! All are looking great still on day 3, so we're going to blast!
02/06/14 - Transferred one 1BC blast, with 3 other blasts and 3 morulas to watch and freeze
03/06/14 - All embryos have arrested. None to freeze
09/06/14 - Faint BFP at home at 7dp5dt!!!!!
10/06/14 - Beta?
February 13th, 2013, 01:42 PM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
Hi - I want to tell you all kinds of things but I can't till tonight when I get home.

ps - this is a little cliff hanger so you come back.
Lucy S. and katydae88 like this.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
February 13th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I went this morning for my u/s and I have one mature follie, it is 18.19 mm and the other follie is still just 11mm like it was on Mon. I took an OPK at 3:00 this afternoon and it was neg. I am supposed to take one in the morning and if it is neg then I am to go in and get an hcg injection. So I am hoping that I get my surge in the morning
February 14th, 2013, 02:11 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Lucy said everything I was going to. Do not wait 3 months on clomid, push for the IUI's or find another Dr. Especially if DH has issues as well. My RE is 1 1/2 hrs away too, so I put off going, but we wish we would have went sooner, they would not be taking this slow of an approach with you.

Thanks for joining us. Best of luck to you!
katydae88 likes this.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

February 15th, 2013, 05:27 AM
onlybygrace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would also push my doc for a more aggressive approach at this point!
Good luck!
katydae88 likes this.

TTC our 1st since June 2011

6 cycles of Clomid, 2 cycles injectables, 5 IUIs: ALL BFNs

IVF #1: Starting 5th March 2013 - Praying for my 1st ever BFP!

February 15th, 2013, 05:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and good luck! I hope you O soon!
katydae88 likes this.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
February 15th, 2013, 06:51 AM
MandyEllen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to TTCMA, Lana! Good luck to you!
katydae88 likes this.
7/12/13 - 16 dpo beta=825
7/19/13 - 23 dpo beta=18,870
7/26/13 - 30 dpo beta=72,091

February 16th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I ended up not getting my surge on my own and had to get the hcg shot. I am pretty sure that I O'd on Valentine's Day. I also went to my regular dr on the 14th and found out that I have a sinus infection. I asked my nurse if the antibiotic would interfere with our ttc and she said no. I hope not.

I am hoping that in a cpl of weeks I will get my BFP. Thank you ladies for your warm welcome and kind thoughts
February 16th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Hi Lana - sorry I haven't posted sooner. I have tried 3 times. I get almost done with my post and then delete it some how. Super annoying.....

I am 43 - we didn't start TTC until I was 40. DH just wasn't ready. My OB told me for 10 years that I had plenty of time. Even when I was 39 he was still saying I had plenty of time. Well then at 40 DH is ready (I know right) and then tell my OB. He orders an SA and it comes back with bad morphology for my DH? WHAT? We wait all these years to TTC and now this? He rushes us to RE. RE is like, WHAT, you are 40? You're not infertile but you are old and once we hit 40 our fertility really drops.

I guess what I am trying to tell you - don't wait. Get to RE pretty fast. I know they are far away and it's not convenient but you really need to. Time really is not on your side now. I don't want to be a debbie downer - but I felt really mislead by the media and my OB that I had plenty of time. I don't want that to happen to you. RE's job is to get your pregnant. OB has many many jobs and getting you is pregnant isn't their specialty.

I hope you are posting your BFP in no time at all! Sorry you have a sinus infection too.. I hope you feel better fast.

Also Lana - with all that being said - you need DH to cooperate. So be gentle with him but firm regarding your age and getting pregnant. This is not to cause fights but to support each other. You can't push DH but you have to make sure he knows the reality of the situation. Sometimes it's a little more then... If its meant to be it's meant to be? You know? gosh I feel like I am being so negative and I don't want to be or mean to be, but I do want to be honest with you like I wish people would have been to me.

I am willing and able to chat anytime you need to - I hope you don't want to block me now... I hope you get your BFP and can tell me to shut up! haha
katydae88 likes this.
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
February 17th, 2013, 06:23 AM
How are you feeling today Lana? Let us know what we can do to help you!

As another fellow board member says, "lets kick this infertility crap in the butt"
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
February 17th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am feeling a lot better today regarding my sinus infection. I think the antibiotic has just about kicked it. I can definitely breathe a lot better today (not as congested) and my throat doesn't hurt as bad either.

I am currently 3DPO and my nipples are not sore like they usually are after I O. The same thing happened last cycle as well and that is unusual for me because normally they get sore the day after I O and my bb's usually hurt the whole time until af shows. I am thinking that even though I took Clomid this cycle, that my Progesterone is still low I go back this Friday and get my hormone levels checked but I have a feeling they are going to have to put me on Progesterone

Could someone who has gone through the IUI give me details on exactly how that works? What medicines and other things do you have to take or do to get yourself ready for it? I just want to have myself informed about the procedure because I am pretty sure that is what we are going to end up having to do to get our baby!!!
February 17th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Super Mommy
Wish I had some advice but wanted to say good luck, I pray you get answers and that you get your BFP VERY SOON!!!!!
katydae88 likes this.
TTC#1 for 1 1/2 years~ DS, DJ (3) Conceived naturally using acupuncture and herbs
TTC #2 for 1 1/2 yrs~DH(3 mths on Clomid&Olive Leaf Extract)
Our 1st Clomid & TI cycle August 2013 -BFP on 9/08/13!!!!!!!!

February 19th, 2013, 03:50 AM
onlybygrace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
An IUI procedure will basically insert sperm directly into the uterus at an optimal time. The point is to give the sperm a huge head start, so to speak, so hey have a good chance of fertilizing the egg.

You could have medicated or unmedicated IUIs. In a medicated cycle, you're given drugs, either orally or injectables, to stimulate egg growth. The entire cycle is monitored by blood draws and ultrasound. When the eggs are ready, you're given an hcg shot to induce ovulation and the IUI itself is done 24 - 48 hours later.

Hope that helps!
katydae88 likes this.

TTC our 1st since June 2011

6 cycles of Clomid, 2 cycles injectables, 5 IUIs: ALL BFNs

IVF #1: Starting 5th March 2013 - Praying for my 1st ever BFP!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search