SA Results (x-posted)

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2013, 05:05 AM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We got our SA results back, and the numbers leave a bit to be desired. Here they are, with normal in parentheses.

pH - 9 (7.2-8.1)
Liquefaction - <30 minutes ( <30 minutes)
Viscosity - Normal
Volume - <0.5 (1.5)
Count - 4 (15)
Initial Motility - 66% (>40%)
Progress Motility - 43 (>32%)
Morphology - 28% (>30%)
Other - Large amount of immature germ cells

So pH is high, but from what I understand that sways boy and could have something to do with the lemon water he's been drinking so I'm okay with that. Volume and count are terrible. He's recently had the flu and an upper respiratory infection with a fever and was on two rounds of antibiotics, so that could be affecting his numbers. Of course even if he doesn't have anything "wrong" with him it will still take 3 months for things to get back to where they need to be. Morphology is also low, but not terribly low. The motility looks pretty darn good. I am hoping that because his motility is better than normal the few sperm he does have that are the right shape will be able to get to where they need to be. I don't know what the immature germ cells mean and trying to research it made my brain hurt.

Right now the plan is to keep going with this cycle and DH is going to try and make an appointment with the urologist today. It really depends on what the urologist says for our long term plan. If he thinks we still have a decent chance of conceiving doing what we're doing while he undergoes treatments then we will. If he thinks there's not much point until the numbers get better then I might see about going on Lupron in the interim. If he suggests we will have to do IUI or IVF we will probably just give up, work on me getting better (which likely means a hysterectomy), and start working towards adoption.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
February 21st, 2013, 06:29 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck hun. I really hope the dr appointment will be great news!!
February 21st, 2013, 10:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hopefully his numbers will improve after getting his health back from being sick and on medicine. Does he also take those vitamins from GNC the other ladies were talking about? I hope the doc appt goes well and you can continue down this path with you guys TTC

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
February 21st, 2013, 01:31 PM
No he isn't on anything. We've mostly been focusing on me since we knew I had problems and he hasn't done much. Especially considering we got pregnant the third time I ovulated we didn't think he would have any issues.

We were able to get an appointment much earlier than I suspected, on the first! That's right about O time.

TTC Blog
10-21-12
February 21st, 2013, 03:41 PM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for getting an appointment and FX'd it brings good news!

February 21st, 2013, 08:37 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
With my first DH his issue was low count where as now with my current it seems to be everything else, and honestly I feel like low count can be corrected. maybe I a naive. My ex did some changes and such and his numbers improved drastically. I think there is a lot of hope hun!

So no way you guys can do IUIs? What about in the future? I just feel sad at the thought of a hysterectomy for you But a few of my friends have had it done and are much happier now. But they have kids.

Anyway, you got pg before and I am praying it will happen again with a rainbow baby!
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

February 22nd, 2013, 02:00 AM
onlybygrace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
FX for a great action plan with the urologist!

TTC our 1st since June 2011

6 cycles of Clomid, 2 cycles injectables, 5 IUIs: ALL BFNs

IVF #1: Starting 5th March 2013 - Praying for my 1st ever BFP!

February 22nd, 2013, 05:11 AM
*Whiskey*'s Avatar Moving on to adoption
Wow that's a lot to take in all at once for you honey hang in there!
Praying that you get good news!!

"Worry is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere"
(easier in theory than practice!)
February 23rd, 2013, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy S. View Post
With my first DH his issue was low count where as now with my current it seems to be everything else, and honestly I feel like low count can be corrected. maybe I a naive. My ex did some changes and such and his numbers improved drastically. I think there is a lot of hope hun!

So no way you guys can do IUIs? What about in the future? I just feel sad at the thought of a hysterectomy for you But a few of my friends have had it done and are much happier now. But they have kids.

Anyway, you got pg before and I am praying it will happen again with a rainbow baby!
We are hoping it will be something that can be easily fixed, we are just discussing our options should we get bad news.

Right now we are working with an OBGYN rather than an RE, and she doesn't do IUIs. We don't have any infertility insurance but because I've been friends with her daughter for years our current doctor helps us out. She will find another way to bill things or doesn't charge us at all. I'm sure if we switched to an RE we wouldn't be so lucky. The actual IUIs aren't that expensive I don't think but the ultrasounds and trigger and stuff are. It just seems like too big of a financial risk.

My mother had to have a hysterectomy as well and I know how much better her issues have been since then. I want that for myself. But the thought of having that rainbow baby will help me trudge through as long as the urologist is optimistic.

TTC Blog
10-21-12
February 25th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
I hear you on that... Thats why we have stayed with this OBGYN. Billing is so different each cycle tho but significantly less than if we went with an RE!
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search