lemon water? what do you drink?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Raunchero

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2013, 07:16 PM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
So I like water, but I LOVE Lemon water...in fact the past 2 weeks I've gotten into making a pitcher of lemon water and keeping it in the fridge - literally just water + 1 full squeezed lemon + 1 sliced lemon...keep it in the fridge and drink it.

I've given up ALL caffeine (did this 5 months ago)...so NO pop, NO coffee (unless it's decaf) and I've even given up stuff like powerade zero - so I'm not drinking artifical sweeteners or colors. So basically I drink water, green smoothies, and almond/coconut milk...

but mainly water.

I know lemon water is supposed to help balance the acidity/alkaline in the body.

Does anyone know how good it is for / during IVF or FET cycles? anyone?

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
March 3rd, 2013, 08:28 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
I would think it would help since in theory it's also to flush and for antioxidants.
This is the place we would have used for ivf and it lists lemon so...
California IVF | Success

Oh I drink decaf coffee with my protien powder and almond milk in the mornings.
Lately I have been drinking a ton just water and hate it but I am trying anything at this point.
I had been drinking decaf ice tea and lemonade (I use Lemon Water, Lemon Recipe, Lime Recipe, Orange Recipes for Diet because I am lazy) and stevia.
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

March 3rd, 2013, 08:46 PM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
I drink water and the occasional lemonade. I can't drink anything with artificial sweeteners as I am highly sensitive to them and end up with a migraine most of the time.

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

March 4th, 2013, 04:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Good for you for giving up pop! I don't know how it affects TTC but Im sure its wonderful because water is the best thing for ya!

Has anyone ever had La Croix? They have different flavors. Lemon is my fav and I also put a lemon slice in it sometimes. Its just carbonated water (no sugar, carbs calories). The first few times I drank them I didn't like them, but now I LOVE them. Its just nice having something to drink sometimes besides water.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
March 4th, 2013, 05:10 AM
onlybygrace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kerri Ann, that lemon water sounds delish!
Dont know about having it furing the IVF cycle...but I dont see how it could hurt.

TTC our 1st since June 2011

6 cycles of Clomid, 2 cycles injectables, 5 IUIs: ALL BFNs

IVF #1: Starting 5th March 2013 - Praying for my 1st ever BFP!

March 4th, 2013, 08:50 AM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
I gave up regular pop probably 12+ years ago...and *somehwat* gave up diet pop about 5-6 years ago (although I started re-drinking diet pop again last year...but completely gave it up again back in October).

My problem though is stuff like the powerade and gatorade zeros. I do NOT drink ANYTHING what.so.ever with high fructose corn syrup - and haven't for years (which is complete poison) but the "diet" ones I drink - although I believe those to be bad too because of the artifical colors and sweeteners...

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
March 4th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Raunchero's Avatar Happy as a Clam :)
I drink water everyday at work with a quarter lemon in it.. i love it. makes me drink way way more water. And Lindsay i love La Croix, i think of it as a "treat" and it has NOTHING bad in it!
Lindz253 likes this.

March 4th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
I am going to try Lindsay!
it altho I dont like sparkling flavored water... DH or DS will drink it if I don't
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

March 5th, 2013, 03:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Give it a few tries luc, it might take a couple times like me. If you like lemons I suggest adding some to the lemon flavored one. My DH loves them now too

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
March 5th, 2013, 04:30 AM
*Whiskey*'s Avatar Blessed
I gave up soda a couple months ago and honestly, don't really miss it. I have cut down my coffee intake to one or two cups a day. I still don't drink a lot of water. I can't stand the taste of it. I have increased juice and smoothie intake instead. I've tried cucumber sliced in water which is pretty good, I will have to try the lemon.

March 5th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is awesome!!!

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
March 5th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Raunchero's Avatar Happy as a Clam :)
If you like Coconut flavor... you have to try and find the Lacroix in Cocnut.... it is AMAZING!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search