Not sure where I fit right now . . .

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2013, 03:51 PM
EricsMom's Avatar SuperMommy!
I'm not entirely sure where to post right now as we are hopefully jumping back in to the TTC'ing saddle next month. I am very cautious as we have a lot stacked against us and hesitate to say we ARE TTC'ing again until I see the RE and we have a plan in place.

I haven't posted on here in years. When we gave up before it was too hard to be on here. A quick summary on us:

Me (38), DH (44), DS (8)
Me - Annovulatory, IR, PCOS, Type 2 Diabetes

We have been TTC'ing off and on for 7 years
We last actively TTC'ed in 2008 with our last injectibles round that ended in a BFN. (It was also the last time I had a period). I was told I needed to lose 25 lbs before proceeding further. That set off a bad depression cycle and 2 years of gaining/losing the same 15 lbs.
We then proceeded with an adoption application to adopt a child from foster care. We were just finishing up the course work and I was finally getting excited that it was going to happen. We had told our son who was 5 at the time and had started to share the news with family when my husband decided he couldn't go thru with it. I was devastated and felt as though he had taken away my only chance to have another child.
He has said several times that he wanted to try for our own again. Depression being the be-otch that she is has made it extremely hard to stay focused and work on my health as I need to.
With the help of a fabulous new family Dr. since July 2012 and my being dedicated to my meds and losing weight since Jan 2013 my blood sugars, cholesterol and blood pressure have all improved greatly. My family Dr. seems to have no issue with my weight and has referred me to a new RE.
Fertility clinics where I live won't treat you (in most cases) if your BMI is over a certain number. I joined WW in mid Jan. and have lost 12 pounds so far. Should be more but I've really teetered the last 2 weeks but I'm back in the saddle now.

I am terrified to get excited about trying again. It feels like there is so much stacked against us ... age, weight, health, my lack of AF ... Once we see the RE and have a "plan" I may start to see a light. Until then I wanted to come back here and hope that hanging with you wonderful ladies will help keep me focused on the healthy lifestyle changes I need to continue to work on.

I will probably get hubby and I some herbal supplements to help boost things as well. Not sure about him, I know we had him take zinc before. (Previously he had a great count but lower morphology). As for me I am on 1500mg Metformin (plus low dose meds for cholesterol and high BP). I am looking at possibly using Vitex. The health food store recommended Maca and EstroSmartPlus but they were crazy expensive. Any other suggestions are appreciated.

If you read this whole message, thanks! I tend to ramble.

I'll sign off by saying I am cautiously happy about posting here again and looking forward to getting some answers one way or the other next month.

TTCMA Again (after a 4 year break of NTNP, 8 yrs total TTC'ing #2)
Cycle #1 - July/Aug 2013 - BFN
5mg Femara CD3 - 7, Trigger CD25, CD32 Prog. 26.1, 10/11 Day LP
Cycle #2 - Aug/Sep 2013 - a bust ... no "O" ... waiting for injectibles protocol

Me (38) Annovulatory, PCOS, IR and Type 2 Diabetes, DH (44), DS (8)

"Learning to have faith, think positively, believe in myself and trust in God."

March 5th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Super Mommy
Hey!!! *waves* and welcome!!
March 5th, 2013, 05:08 PM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
Hello. Welcome back. I ramble too so we have something in common. lol

Thank you for sharing your story. When ttc it sure seems like it's impossible sometimes. With a little help and lots of hope and faith hopefully we will be seeing your BFP soon.

Looking forward to getting to know you better. BTW - I am a little chubby myself and my RE hasn't said a word. I am actually surprised too. I suppose because I do ovulate and have regular AF they never mentioned it. My age is the factor mostly and we have low morphology too. Oh yeah - depression and infertility seem to run together, sadly - which also doesn't help the weight. And the fertility meds don't help the figure either.

Anyways - when is your first RE appointment?
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
March 5th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
Welcome!!!
It sounds like things have improved for you and I hope this means your new RE will have a great plan and you get a bfp soon!!!!
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

March 5th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Raunchero's Avatar Happy as a Clam :)
Hi there!!! Welcome!

March 6th, 2013, 04:50 AM
onlybygrace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!
Hope your RE has a great plan to get you your much anticipated BFP!

TTC our 1st since June 2011

6 cycles of Clomid, 2 cycles injectables, 5 IUIs: ALL BFNs

IVF #1: Starting 5th March 2013 - Praying for my 1st ever BFP!

March 6th, 2013, 06:52 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi there!

So sorry about your long journey and sad adoption story.

I'm also overweight and annovulatory, and I suffer from a major depressive disorder. I know just what you mean about depression making TTC such a hard battle. We have always had a hard time coping with the infertility combined with my ups and downs.

I really hope that you can get somewhere with your TTC journey this time!

(oh, and we decided to try Maca too, we got in from Amazon online, WAAYY cheaper than a health food store!!)

Good luck!!
March 6th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome.

My RE appt. is May 3rd. My initial appt. was booked for Apr. 16 but I really want to see the female Dr. so my appt. with her is May 3rd. That gives me 8.5 weeks to really focus on weightloss (which I've been teetering on the last 2 weeks). I hope to be down an additional 15 lbs by then. No matter what I need to make weightloss a priority in my life ... for myself, my husband and son as is.

I'm excited to finally have the appt. I've been too scared to make one for almost two years because of my weight ... I am currently 260 lbs. (My highest was 284). 240 is kind of the "magic" mark ... most clinics want you at or below that in order to treat you. The fertility clinics (at least in Western Canada) are a lot more stringent than in the US.

Thanks for the suggestion of Amazon. Would you believe that the supplements I'm looking at are $90 a month in the health food store, $60 a month if ordered through Amazon Canada but only $22 a month if ordered through Amazon US. How crazy is that???

Looking forward to hanging with you ladies and sharing in your successes!

Cycle #2 - Aug/Sep 2013 - a bust ... no "O" ... waiting for injectibles protocol

March 6th, 2013, 04:09 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
I am SO sorry for your struggles and foster care adoption that didn't work out ((HUGS)). Glad you have joined us and you are definitely in the right place. ((HUGS))
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

March 6th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What a journey you've been on!!!! Wishing you lots of luck this time around!!!!

Saw a beautiful little heartbeat 1/28/10
Heard a Beautiful little heartbeat 3/3/2010
Saw a Beautiful Little GIRL 4/5/2010!!!!
Held my beautiful Little GIRL 9/24/2010

March 6th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!!! So sorry to hear about your struggles. I am hoping that you are able to loose the weight and keep it off. I know losing weight is so hard to do, especially keeping it off. I have lost 45 lbs and struggle to keep it off. I struggle even more to lose more weight since I have lost so much already. Hoping your appt with the RE goes well and you come up with a game plan. Fingers crossed that you get your bfp soon!!!

June 19th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Well I'm back and we have a plan. I saw the RE on May 3rd and that followed with loads of b/w, another HSG plus SA for DH. Everything has come back normal so today is day 2 of Provera to bring on AF and then we are doing a cycle using 5mg of Letrozole .... apparently people who don't respond well to Clomid respond better to Letrozole. We'll do 3 cycles and then move on to injectibles.

Being completely annovulatory I had to take Provera to get AF for the HSG but I only had minor spotting on CD1 and that was it. After 4 years without AF you'd expect a lot more. We shall see if the witch shows up this time. Unfortunately it's going to run right in to our camping holidays. @#$% Oh well, it's worth it to see that BFP.

I am excited and terrified to officially start this journey again ... I want to think positively but it's so hard after 8 years. I dream about telling my DS he's going to be a big brother ... he is almost 9 and wants a sibling so bad.

Anyways, that's my update. I look forward to hanging out here more often again.

June 19th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Super Mommy
Congrats about having a plan. My hubby and I are 8 business days away from a plan. Enjoy your camping trip!!!
June 19th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so happy to hear that you have a plan! I have my fx'd that you get your BFP soon Enjoy your camping trip!

My Ovulation Chart
June 19th, 2013, 05:20 PM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
that's a great plan! I hope you respond well to letrozole and can get get your sticky BFP soon!

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

June 19th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
Sounds good!! Much luck to you!!
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search